What's new

Spawn General Discussion Thread

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
When the man can convert 30% almost any time he touches you as long as you have bar in V2, "The One" is seeming more and more like the one. His zoning variation can't adequately counter-zone, and picking chain stances feels kinda like picking Bone Picker Baraka over Marauder; it can be done, it's just going to be a big pain in the ass.

I know it's still early, but I've been doing nothing but labbing, comparing his builds to the roster, putting data in my head since he dropped, etc. I feel confident enough in what knowledge I have of this game that V2 is his best bet to compete on high.
S34 amp necro blast is insanely strong.

For example, if your opponent blocks the amplified projectile, you can dash up and catch any forward movement they do. You can also stagger s3.

In the corner, they no longer have the option to duck because you can do the same thing with b1xx bf1.

If any of this sounds familiar, it's because it's generally the same gameplan as Skarlet where you stay in a range where you can hit them but they can't hit you. You could also compare it to Kollector's 44 staggers in the corner.
100% agreed. B12 in the neutral gives you the means to save your bar for either staying safe, or for the Axe combo you fish for after they burn their Breakaway.

I need to do more Flying shenanigans, because that in and of itself feels like it's going to be a really big thing. So much takes place in the air in this game that having a meter-free special that can also lead to huge conversions is too big to overlook.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
From what I can tell his Plasm pool
Custom move IS HIS WORST. the AOE Is extremely small and it takes 1.5-2 seconds to fill 1- gauges

Sure that is fast but the if opponent gets up and can dash to you quickly enough, you wont be able to stay in the diameter

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Custom move IS HIS WORST. the AOE Is extremely small and it takes 1.5-2 seconds to fill 1- gauges

Sure that is fast but the if opponent gets up and can dash to you quickly enough, you wont be able to stay in the diameter
About the width of errons acid pool

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

Pretty easy to setup and can get you more BF1 amps, and get your breakaway back faster. Amplified version for larger one, seems kinda cheap to me. Could work well with Soul Forfeit too where you lose the one offensive bar for easy KB's, because who the hell is playing kustoms but won't have the move that gives easy KBs?

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Pretty easy to setup and can get you more BF1 amps, and get your breakaway back faster. Amplified version for larger one, seems kinda cheap to me. Could work well with Soul Forfeit too where you lose the one offensive bar for easy KB's, because who the hell is playing kustoms but won't have the move that gives easy KBs?
Good point :p

Yousef

Noob
The throw kb 50% combo ,a guy pulled it on me online
I had no equipment and I can't access YouTube on my PS4 (blocked in China ) so I relied on my phone camera
If anybody knows how to get a good copy of that without equipment ,you can tell me and I'll upload it again

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Some helpful MU stuff I found: Kabal can not throw his air projectile on you because you can react with bf2 and dunk his ass. The same can be said about most aerial projectiles.
I’ve played this MU two days straight. Spawn beats his zoning AND footsies. Fought as the Spins against V2. Won most games but still got my ass handed to me a lot. The only tactic I found was baiting him into a whiff or block and mixing 111 into dash with 111 into d1 into throw.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I’ve played this MU two days straight. Spawn beats his zoning AND footsies. Fought as the Spins against V2. Won most games but still got my ass handed to me a lot. The only tactic I found was baiting him into a whiff or block and mixing 111 into dash with 111 into d1 into throw.
Yeah if he thinks about staggers b12, 22, or basically any string. You can stick out s34 and body him

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Is there a relation as to how close Spawn is to the opponent for the JI2 float JI2, F2~DB3 to connect? I find that if I start further from the opponent it drops but if I am close it doesn't?

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
I think it's about height and some launchers will hit the hitstun decay/gravity and they will be too low the for follow up.

Yousef

Noob
@Yousef wow that’s crazy easy damage off that kb
I know and that's not the optimal combo the optimal combo should be around 52% I guess
Honestly spawn is very unfair to play against with 50:50 that has almost the same animation and his combos that do crazy damage , imo he's like a better version of sendel and Terminator combined
Put this with the poke /throw meta .... Wow just the cherry on top
I can't say anything about his frame data as I don't have him I don't know about that
Just 2 days online and he's a nightmare already, he's playing pure MKX

Last edited:

Yousef

Noob
But I'm just a salty player who literally rage quite twice out of spawn matches today , and I don't have him
Let the people who actually tried him in gameplay be the judge

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I know and that's not the optimal combo the optimal combo should be around 52% I guess
Honestly spawn is very unfair to play against with 50:50 that has almost the same animation and his combos that do crazy damage , imo he's like a better version of sendel and Terminator combined
Put this with the poke /throw meta .... Wow just the cherry on top
I can't say anything about his frame data as I don't have him I don't know about that
Just 2 days online and he's a nightmare already, he's playing pure MKX
His combo variation does not have a 50:50. Also he is far from MKX. His buttons are great but a lot of them are reactable and slow. You can't just throw out stuff with him, but if you have the spacing figured out then he is a big threat.

Anybody got this piece yet? I've finished his character towers and I've done a shit load of other towers but can't seem to find it. Wondering if it's even available? I'm surprised there hasn't been a premier tower yet.