What's new

Spawn General Discussion Thread

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I was gonna try #3 first, but on second thought #2 might be easier to grasp while I'm getting him down. His chain stance from #3 is really interesting to me.

dungeonsector

AI Fighter
I'm beginning to see what might be a problem for Spawn. In sets against him, I've been reacting to his F2 and flawless block U2'ing it on reaction, kind of like how you can flawless block kotals F2 on reaction. This might be pretty detrimental to his gameplan if you can do this consistently.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I'm beginning to see what might be a problem for Spawn. In sets against him, I've been reacting to his F2 and flawless block U2'ing it on reaction, kind of like how you can flawless block kotals F2 on reaction. This might be pretty detrimental to his gameplan if you can do this consistently.
Flawless blocking kotals f2 on reaction? dayum

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Doh. Well nothing's stopping you from naming them whatever you want so long as you remember what you called 'em. I think I'll name my variation #1 Infernal Pudding.

Yep. When the other variations just do gimmicks and are reliant on an unsafe launcher to do anything more, but one variation can convert any random jab into a safe launcher (surrounded by more damage from multi-air-hits, and still keeping the absolutely ridiculous Fatal Phantasm as an ender), it's kind of hard to view them being designed as equals.

Buuuuut because I hate playing anything good, I'm most interested in v1, with its lame divekick. Surely that low shot cancel must be good for something too. sigh

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
First variation seems to be his worst. The loss of a projectile really hurts and his projectile parry only works if he is not lunging forward. The best part is easily the soul shatter club because everyone wants to break on you and simply doing s2 club makes them pay for it.

DeftMonk

Noob
So D1 is +15 on hit just like Joker's. What's going on. Only these hyped guests will have those? Why can't everyone get them so everyone can easily jail. So Spawn can do D1 into 11, hit confirm for full combo or be +2 if blocked. 90% of the cast can't even jail into S1 on reaction.
Aren’t terminator’s downpokes hella plus too?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
You can do the amplified version of BF3 at any distance, it tracks the opponent.

V1's low shots seems like it could be cheap with it countering lows on top of being a good move in general and he gets to keep that cheap restand, but V3 is the one for me I think.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Working on a combo with v2. Is this character bugged or am I losing my mind?

Combo: b12-24-bf3MB-1-DB3.

My issue is the db3 almost never goes off correctly because either 1) the move is input correctly and it just never starts up or 2) I get a mysterious 2 appearing in the command audit after the 1 that causes the move not to go. I've done this thing at least 50 times already doing my buttons staccato and I'm still getting the goddamn 2 frequently. Outside the combo I do 1-db3 100% of the time without issue. What the hell?

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
This morning I was thinking V1 was his best but now I’m thinking it’s ez his worst. I feel like he needs his fireball.
V2 and V3 both seem pretty solid. One is straight up big damage, and the other has decent zoning and some cool gimmicks. He still feels a little clunky to me, idk how to word it, but that’s going away as I play more.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
My fucking heart dropped when I saw his akimbo guns don't fire full screen. That shit is the lamest thing I have seen in this game. Spawn walking forward like a badass, holding out short ranged sparklers. Shake my fucking head man