What's new

SOON™ - Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack – Official Roster Reveal Trailer

With the DLC trailer coming tomorrow, NRS has put up a countdown video on Youtube. The DLC has possibly leaked as well, so beware if you are trying to avoid spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

This is it for DLC right? They did initially announce that there was going to be 6 DLC characters. This is not pack 1 of multiple, this is it. Am I wrong?
I actually think we will get 2 more Kombat Packs with 6 characters each. They said they were going to support this game for longer than usual, we've already seen some leaks long time ago with the likes of Sheeva, Fujin, etc for KP2 and there are also exactly 12 spots to fill that character select screen.

This is it for DLC right? They did initially announce that there was going to be 6 DLC characters. This is not pack 1 of multiple, this is it. Am I wrong?
Yes. There's in game files that reveals Fujin, Sheeva and Ash Williams as DLC as well, but so far nothing from NRS themselves.

They'll probably be announced mid 2020, there's no reason to announce more DLC characters when we're not even halfway this Kombat Pack.

BUT I'd recomend to NOT take these three characters as CONFIRMED DLC down the line at this point.

Maybe Ash just wouldn't be ready for the first KP, but Joker would, so they switched them up. Just speculation though.

I like the Joker, but I'm not a fan of that look. He looks too clean, almost cartooney in comparison to everyone else. Hopefully we will get some grittier looks for him.
Sindel looks awesome, just kinda sad we have to wait until November to play as her.
Spawn and Terminator both look cool, but honestly, I don't really care about Terminator. Still cool that they got Arnold Schwarzenegger's likeness, moreso if he is voicing him as well. A loooong wait for Spawn though, and he was the only guest character I was kinda excited for.

I want a refund! Joker? Really? Only Sindel interest me cause I want MK characters not guest. I can accept Spawn, but two more additional guests?? Plus, why are they spaced out so long..is this a way to prolong the game life? I hope this isn't the only characters we get..maybe another Kombat Pack 2 with no guest and add some new fight arenas. Let's hope this game survives long enough for a DLC 2 pack, cause this MK is barebones stall at the most.

I actually think we will get 2 more Kombat Packs with 6 characters each. They said they were going to support this game for longer than usual, we've already seen some leaks long time ago with the likes of Sheeva, Fujin, etc for KP2 and there are also exactly 12 spots to fill that character select screen.
I think that's too much to expect, at least from now. They'll take 11 months to release all DLC announced until now. Could you imagine another batch of six? It'd mean DLC until 2021, and even though they said this would be the MK with the longest support, I just don't see them commiting to this.

For all the hell a FTP game received this week due to their monetization and DLC practices (Apex), this should really get it worse.

40 dollars up front on top of the base game at 60 for content that will be further devalued by the time it comes out due to lowered player engagement.

And then 2/6ths of it being literal advertisements.. I'm sure many people are hyped about Terminator and Joker but I'm just here for MK and honestly don't gaf about either of those franchises. Even Spawn is pushing it.

Don't buy stuff before you know the content then. I always say it's stupid to buy season/kombat passes before knowing what characters you get, for this exact reason!
I learned my lesson... definitely the last time I'll do it for NRS game. This is horrible with the long wait time in between each fighter. How this game is going to keep interest?

Man y'all motherfuckers are some whiny ass bitches. lol

Finally show a trailer with the whole 1st pack in it and waaaaaah no gameplay, waaaaah it's not like I2.

They did the same type of reveal in MKX.

They never said this was a gameplay trailer. lol
1. The reveal is the same type of reveal for MKX, yes, but the difference is they revealed it before any of the characters dropped. What was the point of showing Shang and Nightwolf? They’re already out. Plus in MKX, they showed the trailer before the game even dropped, not 9 years later like this game

2. As long as we had to wait for this dumb trailer, we should’ve got gameplay at least. Not just some CGI trailer of them looking at each other. At least I2 had them doing some type of action towards each other (the FP3 trailer for example)

I mean something is better than nothing but this was BS at its finest lol. Idk what’s going on over at NRS because it’s usually not like this, but hopefully they get it together. I mean, March 2020 for a character we paid for LAST YEAR? That’s pretty ridiculous. They’re going to have to do something to keep us interested that long and patches every 4 months isn’t going to help.

I usually side with you but this ain’t it man.

He’s asking if that’s it for DLC. And the answer is yes.
Why the HELL would you assume it would be the last Kombat pack?
Tekken 7 is getting dlc well over a year from release. The goddamn Soul Calibur 6, which barely got made, got more dlc coming. Why would MK11, an insanely successful game with the amount of players of these two games combined not get any more? That's a ridiculous assumption.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I'm not a huge fan of having half the characters be guest characters. With all of the characters from past MK games, plus the great NEW characters NRS has come up with, it's disappointing to see only three actual MK characters in the pack. That aside, I'm looking forward to Sindel, and I suppose the Terminator. The only character that doesn't "fit" MK for me is Joker. I'd love to see a T800 endoskeleton skin, but I'm not sure how that would work with KBs, Fatal Blows, and Fatalities, so I'm don't think we'll end up getting it.

Terminator looks cool.

But think if instead of Terminator we would get Arnold Schwarzenneger as a character. And his variations would be his best roles in his film career like Terminator, Commando, Dutch Schaeffer etc. Of course that's probably impossible cause real Arnie perfoming all fatalities would hurt his current image in real world.

However would be interesting to see it.

That's 7 months I have to wait for Spawn. The last time I had to wait for something I highly anticipated and paid for, turn out the finale season was rushed and the finale pushed alot of loyal fans off...

Why the HELL would you assume it would be the last Kombat pack?
Tekken 7 is getting dlc well over a year from release. The goddamn Soul Calibur 6, which barely got made, got more dlc coming. Why would MK11, an insanely successful game with the amount of players of these two games combined not get any more? That's a ridiculous assumption.
Not really tbh
When it comes to NRS games they seem to have a "time limit" with DLC characters. I'm saying this based on their older games (MK9 foward), which all sold a lot and gave them shit ton of money.

It seems they have followed a schedule much more based on duration of support of the game rather than if the game's still selling.

I do believe we'll see AT LEAST Fujin, Ash and Sheeva (possibly with +3) but based on NRS' history, I don't see them adding DLC for much longer than 2 years.

There's also Boon's statement that the game'd have 30 something characters at the end (it doesn't confirm anything but it gives us an idea of how many characters they planned to launch).

Regardless of the content, this trailer is infinitely less hype than the Injustice 2 announcements. No one saw Hellboy coming, and the TMNT reveal still gives me chills. Something must of happened within NRS; hopefully after all the leaks they just said, "Screw it, get this one out the door and we'll move on," and then KP2 will be a properly exciting reveal trailer (even if we know half the roster already).