What's new

Match Footage - Sonya Blade Sonya Blade Battle Footage Thread

Mavier

Noob
A couple matches i played against a friend of mine, i´ve been playing sonya for about two weeks now but i am still using mostly b1 4, and b 33 as combo starters into MS, although i am trying to incorporate all of her string into MS to keep the oponnent on their toes, any suggestion from more experienced Sonya players would be much appreciated XD.

Dedlock

Noob
you play her beautifully, you're already mixing up great. take advantage of the post Xray combo opening, if there is lag use her arc kick for 39% damage other wise go for F2,B1 for 43% or 2,1,U4 for 45%.

for further options F2 is nice for poking and F4 looks pretty and is hella safe and can be cancelled.

Despite my busy work schedule, I think I got my Demolition Sonya ('Grenadeya' anyone?...) up to a point were I won't completely humiliate myself at TCW.

But oh my god I'm having soooooo much fun with this character. And I've only gone through 2 of her 3 variations- can't wait to dive into Spec Ops.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Despite my busy work schedule, I think I got my Demolition Sonya ('Grenadeya' anyone?...) up to a point were I won't completely humiliate myself at TCW.

But oh my god I'm having soooooo much fun with this character. And I've only gone through 2 of her 3 variations- can't wait to dive into Spec Ops.

I know you were going for the chip win at the end. But iirc, you can safely reload grenades after the B33212 midscreen cause she can't hit you from that far with her roll and teleport. Im not entirely sure if she can punish you for doing ex grenades in that situation.

Yeah, I was just trying to close it out as safely as possible.

Though there's some times I will actually defer on a reload when I have no grenades left and full meter. I'm starting to think there may be some value to being able to repeatedly carpet bomb the stage as opposed to going for a refill in that circumstance.

Not exactly sure if it's the best choice yet, but I've had some luck with it in certain matchups

**edit**

I can't remember if it gives me a free refill against Mileena either actually. I know Scorpion can punish it with his teleport- not sure about Mileena.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Yeah, I was just trying to close it out as safely as possible.

Though there's some times I will actually defer on a reload when I have no grenades left and full meter. I'm starting to think there may be some value to being able to repeatedly carpet bomb the stage as opposed to going for a refill in that circumstance.

Not exactly sure if it's the best choice yet, but I've had some luck with it in certain matchups
Trial and error honestly. Im sure in certain mus that carpet bombing would be ideal over reloading but the way I see it, if they get around that when you have no grenades, it's gg until you get some safety. That why I like to go for reloads cause if for whatever reason I get knocked down, I can just pop 2 grenades on wakeup and tuck and roll out lol

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Can someone tell me the inputs for the multiple hitting jump kick that Sonya can do within a combo string? I am not talking about her special move (I don't think) - I am talking about what seems to be just part of an extended combo often involving military stance

Mavier

Noob
Can someone tell me the inputs for the multiple hitting jump kick that Sonya can do within a combo string? I am not talking about her special move (I don't think) - I am talking about what seems to be just part of an extended combo often involving military stance
I think you are talking about 21u4 (21 up 4)

skater11

The saltiest
Here is one of the only matches I've won against @Shaazzyam , he plays and mains an awesome Cassie. But also plays a well rounded kenshi.
-Post patch kenshi.

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
Here are a few matches I played with my Kung Jin friend. Don't expect anyone to watch all 45 minutes of it. I've been using special forces exclusively for the last month and a half. Please give me some feedback apart from the obvious (dropping a few combos, walking into a KJ NJP). I'm trying to work on her approach with and without the drone as well as her neutral game without the drone. Enjoy.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Hey guys, below is a f10 set against a friend. I'm quite new to Sonya (Covert Ops) so I imagine a lot of the stuff I was doing is not optimal coupled with some rookie errors. I would appreciate some feedback/constructive criticism in my play. There are some obvious ones I need to work on such as execution but anything else would be great. Can be as harsh as you want as looking to improve.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
I did a whole series of online matches with me using Sonya Covert Ops. The videos show me getting better and using different tactics and such. For some of you it may be entertaining and definitely informative.

Here are a few matches I played with my Kung Jin friend. Don't expect anyone to watch all 45 minutes of it. I've been using special forces exclusively for the last month and a half. Please give me some feedback apart from the obvious (dropping a few combos, walking into a KJ NJP). I'm trying to work on her approach with and without the drone as well as her neutral game without the drone. Enjoy.

This is great. I've been looking for some decent video footage on where to begin with Special Forces, so I'm glad I stumbled across this. Thanks a bunch man!

Dedlock

Noob
This happens far too often and I love it

Love it, I wish my Kotal Khan matches went as smoothly he punishes me it seems after everything. I play very careful against him no random dive kicks because he has a very fast combo punisher.

But yes xray them o reaction is great, especially after countering their own xray. Lol.

jmt

Noob
Just started going for the b1,4 juggle safe reload in the corner. Feels so good when you get it and go right back into another 3 grenade combo.

@3:25

Dedlock

Noob
Just started going for the b1,4 juggle safe reload in the corner. Feels so good when you get it and go right back into another 3 grenade combo.

@3:25

great job! after the 3rd grendade I'm sure you can finish it off with a F2,B1 or F2, leg grab for more damage!

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
At 33m13s (if it doesn't auto skip)

Some games of my demolition Sonya on tru3ta1ent's stream - I apologize for the background talk etc :)

Dedlock

Noob
At 33m13s (if it doesn't auto skip)

Some games of my demolition Sonya on tru3ta1ent's stream - I apologize for the background talk etc :)
I saw the three matches, I must commend you with regards to how you handled that Ermac, I absolutely hate that character to bits. the reload is Demoliton's biggest handicap, I mean those grenades are so precious you cant afford to waste them in normal play, you have to save them for that combo!

Great games.