me and mr aquaman in winners finals....brutal.:confused:

Mid Atlantic Kombat reunion videos top 8 matches

Winners Semis vs KevoDaMan

Winners finals *gulp* vs Cd Jr

Losers finals vs KevoDaMan

Grand Finals vs Cd Jr

Anbu

Espio

This set is interesting because we both play Sonya and Goro so you get to see it from both sides. I'm using Special Forces in part one, he uses Covert Ops in part 2.

More Special Forces Sonya against a fellow Michigan player using Sub-Zero (Twitch/PS4 has some issues during the ending of par so it freezes, but part two doesn't have said issues).

McDrizzle 1

McDrizzle 2 (Sonya matches begin again after Goro/Cassie at 29:22)

Death
this is all i could find of death's sonya in the VODs from Toryuken pools

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers2/v/5109183 20:50 Death (Sonya cov ops) vs WinterWarz (KL buzz)
http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers2/v/5108644 9:25 Death (Sonya cov ops) vs Roberto (Jax pumped)

Last edited:
Well damn! Nobody has any Sonya Blade videos up yet? Sad. General's! We are slacking.

UPDATE: (All I can Find) Put it in the OP please lets have them all up there nice & neat. I'm keeping the variant titles color coded to coincide with the Sonya Blade Combo Thread.

DISCLAIMER:
FOR THOSE EASILY OFFENDED. THESE VIDEOS ARE LOW LEVEL (DAY ONE PLAY DONT EXPECT PRO PLAY. VERY LOW LEVEL) It's something for now, since there are no other Sonya Online youtube videos as of this posting.

Covert Ops vs. Scorpian Hellfire

Covert Ops vs. Kano Cybernetic

Covert Ops vs. Kung Jin Shaolin

Demolition vs. Scorpian Ninjutsu

Last edited:

Slayhawk84

Yup, still a noob.
A lot of missed combo opportunities and punishes in the CO vids. Didn't see any ->db24 at all. I'm not trying to be mean but the CO vids don't even begin to demonstrate her rushdown/punishment potential. Canceling strings into Military Stance for big combos is the backbone.

A lot of missed combo opportunities and punishes in the CO vids. Didn't see any ->db24 at all. I'm not trying to be mean but the CO vids don't even begin to demonstrate her rushdown/punishment potential. Canceling strings into Military Stance for big combos is the backbone.
Yea but you can tell the guy playing is still learning. He'll get there. Give him time.

Slayhawk84

Yup, still a noob.
I usually refrain from giving constructive criticism on the internet because of how people react but felt I had to in this case, for Sonya's sake.

EDIT: It just seems wrong to post videos showcasing Covert Ops Sonya that don't even show her most important move 1 time.

Last edited:
I usually refrain from giving constructive criticism on the internet because of how people react but felt I had to in this case, for Sonya's sake.

EDIT: It just seems wrong to post videos showcasing Covert Ops Sonya that don't even show her most important move 1 time.
Everything you said is right. People do over react, but I'm not like that.

I posted this low level play because it's the *only* Sonya footage as of this time. (I'll put a disclaimer for low level play in the post so people don't go in with expectations. Which honestly they shouldn't, it's literally day one Sonya)

The way I see it, we can at least see the mistakes made in these videos and learn from them. It's not what we want right now. But hey, as I've said, its the only thing out there. Personally, I rather see something than nothing. I'm going to learn from it regardless.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ

Lol I am pretty sure those videos were from a time where no one really had hands on time to learn and develop the MS combos.

Slayhawk84

Yup, still a noob.
I thought they were new because they were posted here yesterday. I guess I don't understand why old, low quality videos are being reposted. Not trying to be a dick, I'm still new here. I'll just stay out of this thread.

Slayhawk84

Yup, still a noob.
Your Sonya looks really solid. We play almost identical styles. I like the dashing underneath the pop-up to keep opponents in the corner and the smart, selective use of her projectile.

Only criticism I have is the lack of Garrote Parry.

Your Sonya looks really solid. We play almost identical styles. I like the dashing underneath the pop-up to keep opponents in the corner and the smart, selective use of her projectile.

Only criticism I have is the lack of Garrote Parry.
I do garrote parry when I try to make a read, but he wasn't throwing the normals required for it to connect often so I didn't get it but once on tape.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I do garrote parry when I try to make a read, but he wasn't throwing the normals required for it to connect often so I didn't get it but once on tape.
I noticed that you would do a corner combo and end it while still being in MS. Is there any reason why you stay MS on their wakeup? Can she be punished or are her options in MS on their wakeup allows her to bypass it with and without meter?

lslick

That Sonya is nice. She definitely doesn't suck like clueless people say.
I completely with you there....People are going to be clueless when they get hit or put in a nasty situation with all 3 variations ;)

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I completely with you there....People are going to be clueless when they get hit or put in a nasty situation with all 3 variations ;)
I'm taking notes. She got some scary good offense especially when you have no meter. Her divekick is not as good as mk9 but it is still a divekick, always a good tool in any 2d fighter

Covert ops gameplay at casuals yesterday...if u have any suggestions please feel free to share them.

Thank you for this. I too run some those combos. But your footsies/blocking and situational awareness is where I lack.

Thank you for demonstrating how to apply those fundamentals I lack appropriately.

Beautiful Covert Ops!

lslick

I'm taking notes. She got some scary good offense especially when you have no meter. Her divekick is not as good as mk9 but it is still a divekick, always a good tool in any 2d fighter
The way Scar used that dive kick really opened my eyes to how I can use it in the neutral game since I never played her before. And seeing how he incorporated doing all string variations into MS also got me thinking about mixups with SF variations :D

I noticed that you would do a corner combo and end it while still being in MS. Is there any reason why you stay MS on their wakeup? Can she be punished or are her options in MS on their wakeup allows her to bypass it with and without meter?
Its more so calling their bluff/making a read then anything, going into military stance on their wakeup opens up a lot of different scenarios they have to think about, especially if u know ur opponent doesn't want to cough up meter for wake up.

1. MS/2 (at ease) to quickly cancel in to block and make them spend meter thinking u was leaving urself wide open

2. MS/1 (throw) if they want to play it safe and just wakeup block and not hit buttons, u can react with the throw.

3. MS/3 (low starter) Low profile and first 2 hits when connected come out quick as hell, possibly beating a ex wakeup attack depending on whom it is. Or if they wake up stand block it will lead to full combo in the corner

4. MS/4 (overhead) If they wake up crouch block u can throw this out, but I rarely do since its her most unsafe option out of MS, I say condition ur opponent to be scared of lows so u can throw this in.

So yea that's why I end in MS on knockdown in the corner at times, its a very scary situation for the opponent.

Her dive kick may be a lil slow but its not too far behind Lao when u know how to do it instantly, I love doing it instantly and making it whiff right in front of my opponent to make them hit buttons then follow up with another instant dive kick for full combo, as seen @5:25 of the video

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Hey man we gotta run some sets. I fully devoted myself to her after VGX (I just learned a fraud Kano to have fun there). Figuring we live like down the street from each other our connection should be fine.