What's new

Match Footage - Sonya Blade Sonya Blade Battle Footage Thread

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Its more so calling their bluff/making a read then anything, going into military stance on their wakeup opens up a lot of different scenarios they have to think about, especially if u know ur opponent doesn't want to cough up meter for wake up.

1. MS/2 (at ease) to quickly cancel in to block and make them spend meter thinking u was leaving urself wide open

2. MS/1 (throw) if they want to play it safe and just wakeup block and not hit buttons, u can react with the throw.

3. MS/3 (low starter) Low profile and first 2 hits when connected come out quick as hell, possibly beating a ex wakeup attack depending on whom it is. Or if they wake up stand block it will lead to full combo in the corner

4. MS/4 (overhead) If they wake up crouch block u can throw this out, but I rarely do since its her most unsafe option out of MS, I say condition ur opponent to be scared of lows so u can throw this in.

So yea that's why I end in MS on knockdown in the corner at times, its a very scary situation for the opponent.
Does MS/3 beat out Sub's ex slide or Lao's ex spin?

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I doubt it, both of those have pretty fast start up frames, I know subs particularly has 8 frame startup.
Kung Lao spin and ex version says it's 6 frame startup so I doubt it can beat those options....So ill just keep testing stuff out

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Game play looked great; you have great spacing with the dive kicks to always land pretty low and keep it not punishable.

You end a lot of block strings into MS 1, which was whiffing a lot and the block string spaced it too far out. Normally I prefer the MS 3 option to throw out until you have them conditioned to get caught by the cartwheel. I normally just use the MS 1 to scare them into thinking I have too many options and getting them to mentally freeze on block strings. Then you can start to open em up by just ending block strings early into another normal, because they're so conditioned to have to guess again. Do an occasional b14 w/o the MS cancel, and immediately b14 again. Just another form of mix-up.

The biggest thing I noticed that you aren't doing is using her spacing tools as much as you could be. I try to always sit in pretty much sweep range. b14 and f2 both have INSANE advance. You can sit outside of most character's normal range and pull those to not even let them play. f2 into MS gives you the same mix-up.

Instead of back jumping you can just slowly walk back from a neutral position (blocked poke) and bait out a poke/string and then use your advancing normals to punish. Creates way more openings than I would have thought.

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Depending on the distance you catch them at, it may or may not. Max range b14 and max range f2 will not combo into full punish. You can choose to finish the f2b1 string as well if you want another mix up point. You can normally hit them with the low though, and get a free 10%ish when they mis-judge your threat distance.

Reactions: jmt

Espio

Kokomo
F2 into MS is great but it doesn't combo into cartwheel follow up. Or do I not just have any luck?
I can get it to combo into the low, but not cartwheel.

I tried doing it in the corner too to no avail. Maybe we're both missing something, but I don't think it can honestly. The normal is still godlike though.

Reactions: jmt

Espio

Kokomo
Disclaimer, my Sonya sucks and I just recently started using her again in this footage, but I wanted to give people something since Sonya footage is kind of sparse.

It's Covert Ops (shocking) versus Kung Jin.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I know sonic fox played some special forces against arturo on stream last night (they were both streaming so you could look for it from both of them) if you're looking for some footage

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
First let me state that the guy I'm playing isn't that great of a player. Second, he was talking so much trash to me before and after the match so I felt the need to upload me blowing him up.

This video shows off most of my combos and hard knockdown setups and what not so if you see a combo that I am not getting optimal damage on or any tips in general it would be appreciated.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
First let me state that the guy I'm playing isn't that great of a player. Second, he was talking so much trash to me before and after the match so I felt the need to upload me blowing him up.

This video shows off most of my combos and hard knockdown setups and what not so if you see a combo that I am not getting optimal damage on or any tips in general it would be appreciated.

But where's the trashtalking?

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass

midscreen, 21 21 cmd throw is the online ender that I use as well, but there more damage in using a run IIRC. In the corner, I would rather end combos in command grab than get an extra 1% from the 124, but that's just me. The command grab makes it so that even if they delayed wakeup the b1, they'll stand up into the 4 and b33 will be completely meaty and blow through a lot of armor moves.

Other than that the corner combos were pretty cool, I wouldn't have even thought to do the f3 or whatever the kick was haha.

jmt

Noob

Great Sonya man. Trying to get this stuff down as well.

jmt

Noob
Got some Sonya footage in special forces coming soon vs sub zero for those who are interested to see how that matchup plays out, I am really becoming one with the drone, and that is a scary thing, its a character in itself. Footage coming soon
Can't wait to see it scar. Hype to see how you play with the drone.

jmt

Noob
Got some Sonya footage in special forces coming soon vs sub zero for those who are interested to see how that matchup plays out, I am really becoming one with the drone, and that is a scary thing, its a character in itself. Footage coming soon
Can't wait to see it scar. Hype to see how you play with the drone.
losers finals match vs blackula. i was using covert ops.
great stuff