What's new

Tech The Flash Reverse Corner Reset

R

Rottenmilk

This shit is meaty as hell. Only way to block this is by blocking the cross up, which i dont think ANYONE will see coming in a real time match. Plus this stuffs wake ups. If you need help with this set up add me on xbl, DGOD PSYCHO. heres the video tutorial. I'm trying to find one mid screen.
*****important******** Make sure you end this combo with the lightning kick into a REGULAR ground pound. If not done, when opponent crouches, they get sent out the corner and you will need a trait to combo. When ending with lightning kick you always get the same result. so make sure you do this!
@The_SNKE
@GGA Dizzy
@Zyphox
@Bluez
@r3cursi0n
@Ironheart
@Squeaker101
@Superi0rMagik
@dagnasty138
@MAPUSA
@Shady
@Hellion_96
@Mvskokee
@MuhammedCFL
LEGEND

LEGEND

YES!
have you found a difference in setting this up with Lightning kick over Lightning Charge?

i've always just used the Charge for this

R

Rottenmilk

have you found a difference in setting this up with Lightning kick over Lightning Charge?

i've always just used the Charge for this
i set this up with the lightning kick. If I do any other Special move as an ender, The reset will go through but you risk something. If they stand, they go flying out the corner and to combo you have to use flashes trait.. if they crouch then they stay in the corner... so, Now. With the lightning kick ender, recovery is faster, and regardless if they crouch or stand, they stay in the corner. Its best to end it with the lightning kick and nothing else.

R

Rottenmilk

also just to clarify, trying to find one midscreen as well, that would be crazy.

LEGEND

YES!
i set this up with the lightning kick. If I do any other Special move as an ender, The reset will go through but you risk something. If they stand, they go flying out the corner and to combo you have to use flashes trait.. if they crouch then they stay in the corner... so, Now. With the lightning kick ender, recovery is faster, and regardless if they crouch or stand, they stay in the corner. Its best to end it with the lightning kick and nothing else.
Hmmm, this hasn't been my experience. You just need to take a step back sometimes to space it right, i've never had MB Sonic Pound not be comboable from the charge ender

i'll check this out later

R

Rottenmilk

Hmmm, this hasn't been my experience. You just need to take a step back sometimes to space it right, i've never had MB Sonic Pound not be comboable from the charge ender

i'll check this out later
if you take a step back you wont get the wake up stuff. With the flash kick, you don't need a step back. also his kick gains the most meter.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Using the reset into Trait... you get 55% and whatever the damage from the initial combo that set it up. This is sick.

Tonymitsu

"Zoom, zoom..."
Opponent can roll after lightning kick but not after lighting charge. What happens when they roll in your corner example?
Practice AI will only roll backwards so that's all I could test. If they do, you can time it to catch them at the end of the roll before they can stand and it still crosses up.

I had difficulty defeating some wakeup with this. And roll backward + wakeup got me hit every single time.

I'm thinking it might need the Lightning Charge to be truly effective. Allowing them the option to roll just gets you killed.

EDIT: Derp.

R

Rottenmilk

Ending with lightning charge is not good. If they crouch they ffly out the corner. If they stand they stay in the corner. Ending with the kick. Only gives one result and thats in the corner. Also if they roll they get caught. Its roll proof.

Tonymitsu

"Zoom, zoom..."
Did some more tests, using the same corner combo in your video (f2,1, LK mb, 11, 11, 11, 112xxLK), against Doomsday with the AI set to roll and wake up turned on.
This lost to Air Snatch every single time. It can defeat wake-up Supernova and roll + wake-up Supernova, but the timing for those is different and probably impossible to do on reaction.

Now if you do only f2,1 LK mb and just let them hit the ground, you recover fast enough to do the DF3 mb and catch them during the roll (even beating Air Snatch).
But then you are burning a meter for only 24% damage (instead of 41%), running the risk of them rolling and blocking instead of using wake-up (wasting a second mb), and telegraphing this setup a mile away by not doing a proper corner juggle when you had the chance.

R

Rottenmilk

Look Tonymitsu if you're getting waken up on you are not timing it right. I've tested this against every character. the only character It doesnt work against is joker because, hes to skinny the ground pount misses. if they're getting the wake up you simply arent hitting the Ground Pound on time for a wake up stuff..... Also, they can't roll they will be hit.. And not 24%, its 35% you are sadly mistaken.

Tonymitsu

"Zoom, zoom..."
Look Tonymitsu if you're getting waken up on you are not timing it right. I've tested this against every character. the only character It doesnt work against is joker because, hes to skinny the ground pount misses. if they're getting the wake up you simply arent hitting the Ground Pound on time for a wake up stuff..... Also, they can't roll they will be hit.. And not 24%, its 35% you are sadly mistaken.
All right. I'll try it again later today when I get home.
It's definately a sexy setup. I'm just trying to look ahead to the consequences of other players learning the matchups.

R

Rottenmilk

All right. I'll try it again later today when I get home.
It's definately a sexy setup. I'm just trying to look ahead to the consequences of other players learning the matchups.
I have a tournament tonight. i'll be using this. I'll let you know how it works. sadly no stream, its a local.

Xenrail

Noob
just did this today in all my ranked matches. landed the majority of the time.

i used lightning charge instead of kick though. sometimes it swapped me behind them. this only happens if you juggle too high with 11, 112. let them fall a bit so that their midsection connects with lightning charge

Also just tested this in the labs vs batman. effective vs all his wakeups except slide and parry. his parry lands 100% of the time. his slide is completely immune

R

Rottenmilk

just did this today in all my ranked matches. landed the majority of the time.

i used lightning charge instead of kick though. sometimes it swapped me behind them. this only happens if you juggle too high with 11, 112. let them fall a bit so that their midsection connects with lightning charge

Also just tested this in the labs vs batman. effective vs all his wakeups except slide and parry. his parry lands 100% of the time. his slide is completely immune
It swapped you behind them because if the opponent crouches, it makes them go flying out the corner. if it doesn't its because they mashed a wake up and were stand blocking. and got hit by the cross up. Lightning kick avoids it all, and keeps you in the corner.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Fuck me, there are so many characters that are dirty in the corner. Nice find.

So all I have to do to counter is block the opposite way when I see a ground pound coming?

R

Rottenmilk

Fuck me, there are so many characters that are dirty in the corner. Nice find.

So all I have to do to counter is block the opposite way when I see a ground pound coming?
Wow you can see the fastest character in the whole entire universe doing a ground pound? lol jk, yeah man. but its super hard to predict, theres like no way someone is going to react to it. plus its an overhead..

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Wow you can see the fastest character in the whole entire universe doing a ground pound? lol jk, yeah man. but its super hard to predict, theres like no way someone is going to react to it. plus its an overhead..
Hahaha. Dude it IS scary fast. Thing is, I know if I see it once, then at least I can prepare to see it again. Ya know?