What's new

Question Someone please explain...

Even if that's true, then what exactly is his point? Its ok that Trident Rush is cheap because Aquaman has another cheap move as well?
He is saying that people are complaining about one special move that aquaman has while it isn't even his best special move. That is all that he is saying.

Lobo was nowhere near as good before he got those buffs.
Lobo might have been not that good prepatch, but people wanted him to get buffed right after his release. That's the point, you can't go buffing a character right after its release. He got his buffs anyway so people should just let this discussion die.

Edit: for arguments sake, even if it was clear that lobo wasn't that good, let the developers wait and see what he needs to be viable. There is no use in giving him useless buffs or buffs that might make him too powerful.

REO

Undead
Lobo might have been not that good prepatch, but people wanted him to get buffed right after his release. That's the point, you can't go buffing a character right after its release. He got his buffs anyway so people should just let this discussion die.
What if no one ever complained and he never got buffed, though?

Then people would have just said "you guys should have said something when you had a chance. next time when you see something, say something" #NYCplug

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

Edit: for arguments sake, even if it was clear that lobo wasn't that good, let the developers wait and see what he needs to be viable. There is no use in giving him useless buffs or buffs that might make him too powerful.
REO's got a point. If no one said a word, Lobo would be around the same level as Ares @ Cyborg...

What if no one ever complained and he never got buffed, though?

Then people would have just said "you guys should have said something when you had a chance. next time when you see something, say something" #NYCplug
Im sure people would know after a few months, but people shouldn't be going apeshit within a month. The thing is I don't think Lobo was even seen that much in tournament prepatch at all and he got buffed anyway. It's good that people are vocal about their characters'' viability, but you also have people who just don't want to put in work, so it's always better to wait and see who is actually right and who is talking out of their ass.

He is saying that people are complaining about one special move that aquaman has while it isn't even his best special move. That is all that he is saying.
And again, even if we agree that's true (and its certainly debatable) what kind of argument is that? If anything that just highlights how much he doesn't need it.

REO

Undead
Im sure people would know after a few months, but people shouldn't be going apeshit within a month. The thing is I don't think Lobo was even seen that much in tournament prepatch at all and he got buffed anyway. It's good that people are vocal about their characters'' viability, but you also have people who just don't want to put in work, so it's always better to wait and see who is actually right and who is talking out of their ass.
It's always best to be sure, though. If you're gonna be vocal about a character needing help or not, then just do it. And do it quickly so everyone can discuss it in the open and more knowledge will be farmed out of it.

I mean, haven't you already seen what happens when you have a character wait too long before vocalizing if it needs help or not? That's how you get Cyber Sub-Zero ladies and gentlemen... Big mistake not to say anything for that character in the beginning of the game.

And again, even if we agree that's true (and its certainly debatable) what kind of argument is that? If anything that just highlights how much he doesn't need it.
he is not arguing anything with that statement, why is that so hard to understand. If he feels that FTD is his strongest tool and people are complaining about something else, then maybe he feels people don't understand aquaman as well as they think they do.

It's always best to be sure, though. If you're gonna be vocal about a character needing help or not, then just do it. And do it quickly so everyone can discuss it in the open and more knowledge will be farmed out of it.

I mean, haven't you already seen what happens when you have a character wait too long before vocalizing if it needs help or not? That's how you get Cyber Sub-Zero ladies and gentlemen... Big mistake not to say anything for that character in the beginning of the game.
It's hard for a developer to know who is just talking out of their ass and who actually know their shit. Look at scorpion, that is a perfect example of adjusting a character too soon and now he is a bottom 10 character(the opposite could have happened with lobo). Cyber sub-zero being ass is a different story, there were a few good players who said Cyber subzero was a good character in the beginning.

REO

Undead
Joker is not that shitty.
You may be right. I originally had Lobo as the worst character in the game during the patch where he was released. They both had their ups and downs. Lobo had 100% combos with three-four bars, but Joker had his perks like wake-ups, zoning, didn't get 1-9'd by Cyborg, etc. I think the three along with Ares could be debatable as the worst back then.

he is not arguing anything with that statement, why is that so hard to understand. If he feels that FTD is his strongest tool and people are complaining about something else, then maybe he feels people don't understand aquaman as well as they think they do.
Nobody downplays FTD. FTD is a great tool that allows Aquaman to dictate the pace of most of his matchups. Again, even if we agree that FTD is his strongest tool it doesn't mean trident rush isn't dumb, and if that's not the argument being made then whats the point behind bringing up FTD at all?

REO

Undead
It's hard for a developer to know who is just talking out of their ass and who actually know their shit. Look at scorpion, that is a perfect example of adjusting a character too soon and now he is a bottom 10 character(the opposite could have happened with lobo). Cyber sub-zero being ass is a different story, there were a few good players who said Cyber subzero was a good character in the beginning.
Yeah, it's a double edged sword. But most of the time it's better to speak out if you feel a character is broken or shit sooner than later. Because once a set amount of time passes and there is no more patching, that character will forever remain broken or shit. I think it's better if you have someone say "Hey, Mileena is broken" earlier in the game because developers will have more time to invest into that theory before their due date for an opportunity patch arrives. Rather than have people wait and say "Hey, Mileena is broken" two weeks before a due date for a patch is set because then developers may panic and create an unnecessary last minute change due to fear. I feel like the whole Scorpion scare was victim of everyone overreacting at the worst time possible. (The DLC patch and EVO were right around the corner when it happened).

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Another thread complaining about Aquaman... lol this community complains and refuses to level up against these characters, even the tournament players. Aquaman isn't even that bad. He has no good mix ups.
I second 16-Bit. I have literally been fighting Aquaman for a year and he is probably the MU I have played the most. And yet, There are still almost no answers to his core BS design. His footsies are not only dominant but also punish you for BLOCKING them. He gets a free 17% whenever he wants, which 90% of the cast can't punish, he has a get out of jail free card that can make up for his bad reads (sometimes multiple times with one trait activation). Let's also not forget that he has the best AA in the game, dominant air normals, and one of the best dashes, and the simplest, most effective counterzoning tool in the game: From the Deep. This characters has almost no flaws, and I think you are fortunate in that MMH may be his only true disadvantage MU.

E

Eldriken

You know, I have noticed that any topic that mentions Aquaman and his MB Trident Rush gets the most effin' attention and responses ever. The only thing to ever really top it are threads made by @R.E.O.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Yeah, it's a double edged sword. But most of the time it's better to speak out if you feel a character is broken or shit sooner than later. Because once a set amount of time passes and there is no more patching, that character will forever remain broken or shit. I think it's better if you have someone say "Hey, Mileena is broken" earlier in the game because developers will have more time to invest into that theory before their due date for an opportunity patch arrives. Rather than have people wait and say "Hey, Mileena is broken" two weeks before a due date for a patch is set because then developers may panic and create an unnecessary last minute change due to fear. I feel like the whole Scorpion scare was victim of everyone overreacting at the worst time possible. (The DLC patch and EVO were right around the corner when it happened).
Or don't you mean how so many went insane about the DS guns issue back when the game dropped.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I never said he was fair. Aquaman's real "brokenness" is FTD, its a true bullshit move. A full screen, auto tracking, AA'ing, anti-zoning, launcher. Its more bullshit then MB rush will ever be. MB rush just happens to literally be the perfect complement to it.
I always thought a good nerf would be to have aquaman have different inputs for where FTD comes up. Like MMHs orbs

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
In several mu's, yes.. Trait is a huge factor. In several other mu's trait isnt that big of a deal and the player just needs really good defense.

The truth of the matter is that IGAU has become a game that lost its identity. It was designed to be a bullshit game with bullshit characters. However, things changed when it was decided which characters get to be bullshit and which have to be fair. So you have several characters trying to be legit characters and others being bullshit. I believe that if the game was able to be the bullshit fest that it probably originally intended to be, things would be a lot better. If a game is gonna be bullshit, then make it full of bullshit.
Is this about safe scoop?