What's new

Question Someone please explain...

I would argue that because of his trait, Aquaman is one of the characters it's easiest to get away with having a shitty defense with...
In several mu's, yes.. Trait is a huge factor. In several other mu's trait isnt that big of a deal and the player just needs really good defense.

The truth of the matter is that IGAU has become a game that lost its identity. It was designed to be a bullshit game with bullshit characters. However, things changed when it was decided which characters get to be bullshit and which have to be fair. So you have several characters trying to be legit characters and others being bullshit. I believe that if the game was able to be the bullshit fest that it probably originally intended to be, things would be a lot better. If a game is gonna be bullshit, then make it full of bullshit.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
In several mu's, yes.. Trait is a huge factor. In several other mu's trait isnt that big of a deal and the player just needs really good defense.

The truth of the matter is that IGAU has become a game that lost its identity. It was designed to be a bullshit game with bullshit characters. However, things changed when it was decided which characters get to be bullshit and which have to be fair. So you have several characters trying to be legit characters and others being bullshit. I believe that if the game was able to be the bullshit fest that it probably originally intended to be, things would be a lot better. If a game is gonna be bullshit, then make it full of bullshit.
I know you're not saying Aquaman is fair....

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
Another thread complaining about Aquaman... lol this community complains and refuses to level up against these characters, even the tournament players. Aquaman isn't even that bad. He has no good mix ups.

7L

Heads up!
I haven't been following injustice too closely for the last few months but is there a reason why people just complain about MB trident rush and don't push block it?
Because I'm Green Arrow and if I don't super, I most likely lost.

He's fair and balanced though, they should have made him like Boon wanted; when he hit the wall on atlantis, he gained full health. He actually needs that.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Another thread complaining about Aquaman... lol this community complains and refuses to level up against these characters, even the tournament players. Aquaman isn't even that bad. He has no good mix ups.

I've been working on this matchup for a year with little progress. He massively out footsies me and shuts off my avenues of getting in. Trait ruins my mixups and forces me to take great risk just to open him up. If this is not a horrible matchup then tell me what I'm missing. If you have nothing then don't insult me, young man.

I never said he was fair. Aquaman's real "brokenness" is FTD, its a true bullshit move. A full screen, auto tracking, AA'ing, anti-zoning, launcher. Its more bullshit then MB rush will ever be. MB rush just happens to literally be the perfect complement to it.
So....Trident rush isn't stupid because Aquaman has a move that's even more stupid (debatable)? What kind of logic is that?

I've been working on this matchup for a year with little progress. He massively out footsies me and shuts off my avenues of getting in. Trait ruins my mixups and forces me to take great risk just to open him up. If this is not a horrible matchup then tell me what I'm missing. If you have nothing then don't insult me, young man.
Sounds a lot like what I had to go through vs Kitana. My only way that I played the mu was to not get hit and play for time outs. I played it so lame and boring then we couldnt even play more than 4 or 5 games without being boo'd off streams.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
how many times do we go through this?

There are things in this game that are waaaaay more overpowered. There are characters that actually require no footsies, no defense, and have automatic offense. Aquaman requires footsies and something that is a strange concept here... DEFENSE!
Your character defies footsies and button 4 = defense

REO

Undead
He actually was underrated but he's even better now.

The problem was more of the top tier being unbearable than the others being bad.
But dat trait, no wake-ups, no overhead option mid-screen, and lack of double armor.

If by being underrated you mean not being the worst in the game and being better than Joker, and maybe Ares, then I agree.