What's new

Question Someone please explain...

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
I've been working on this matchup for a year with little progress. He massively out footsies me and shuts off my avenues of getting in. Trait ruins my mixups and forces me to take great risk just to open him up. If this is not a horrible matchup then tell me what I'm missing. If you have nothing then don't insult me, young man.
LOL im not insulting you. I know nothing about your character enough to judge the MU. i believe it's tough, and perhaps I'm just looking at the game through my character's eyes. He is an amazing character, but people make him out to be unbeatable.

Is Aquaman fair? No.. but i dont give a fuck. Out of all the top players to CLAIM they played a shitter in MK9, I am one of the very few who actually did. Not only did I play a shitter, but I have more top 8's with this shit character then most of the top players who used much better characters. No one cried for me when I had a shitter, no one made threads about how unfair it was. So fucking what is Aquaman isnt fair. Whats not fair is the fact that we all need to get better and wont admit it.

I believe Aquaman to be top 3. Why am I under performing? Unlike what some will have you believe, I am not the worst FG player in the the 4.5 Billion year history of Earth.

Its because, while I have some of the best defense in the Milky Way, pure defense doesn't cut it in IGAU like it does some other games. My knock down offense is also VERY strong in every fighter, but Aquaman's knock down game isnt strong enough when compared to a lot of other characters oki. IGAU is more about IGAU style footsies over anything and THIS is where Aquaman dominates most of all. While my footsies are usually good in FG's, IGAU is not like other fighters. Its me bootlegging around the IGAU way of footsies that hurts me. To make matters worse, I overcompensate by playing too much offense which hurts me double because it also takes away from my biggest strength of defense.

I need to level up my footsies in this game, then Aquaman will be even more of a mother fucker then he already is. Only being one of the better players when I could be one of the top 3 is something that I will not tolerate any more. Winning another major would put me as one of only 3 to win multiple majors.. See the problem, fix the problem, get results..

Its hard to admit our faults, we all want to believe we are doing everything right and are losing because of something beyond our control. But the fact is that we need to be honest on where we are weak and get fucking better.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
LOL im not insulting you. I know nothing about your character enough to judge the MU. i believe it's tough, and perhaps I'm just looking at the game through my character's eyes. He is an amazing character, but people make him out to be unbeatable.
mmh does not lose games. the players that play him lose the games. mmh dominates ground game and air game. and also mb b3s lol

Someone made a thread earlier that should put this in perspective:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-meter-and-chip-death-among-us.41599/

Quoting from it:

"NOTE: SOME OF THESE ARENT GUARANTEED AS BLOCK STRINGS.

These are just some fun facts to share.

NightWing
Gets 5 MB Wingdings + 1 regular winging = 35% and .8 of a bar
Gets 6 MB staff spins + 1 regular staff spin = 53% and .9 of a bar
Gets 4 MB ground blast + 1 reg Ground blast = 15%, a bar of meter, and more pressure

Batman
Gets 5 MB batarangs + 1 regular bat = 25% and .75 of a bar

Aquaman
Gets 1 MB Trident rush = 15% and a bar
CAN get 12 MB trident rushes = 180% and .5 of a bar ( LOL )

Wonder Woman
Get 5 MB shield bashes + 1 reg Shield bash = 22% and .25 of a bar

Zatanna
Gets 1 MB Multi kicks = 10% and .6 bars
CAN get 6 MB multi kicks = 60% and .9 bars

Hawkgirl
Gets 5 MB Mace charges + 1 regular Mace Charge = 27% and .75 bars

Green Lantern
Get 5 MB Oa Rockets + 1 reg Oa Rockets = 22% and .3 bars

Lobo
1 MB trait Shots + 4 MB shots + 1 reg shot = 25% and .3 bars

Harley
Get 5 MB Cupcakes + Gun shot = 28% and .6 bars

Doomsday
Gets 5 MB shoulder charges + 1 Earthshakers = 24‰ and .25 of a bar

Sinestro
Gets with trait 5 MB fear blast + 1 fear blast = 33%"

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Because you're losing a bar to just go back to getting out footsied badly.
Yup.

Spend all the bar you need to launch him and do damage in combos so that you can be pushed back into a range where you lose in footsies, and all of his footsie tools lead back into trident rush.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
because he (more than likely) has no losing matchups. if played corretly he isnt unbeatable but always has a good chance or is at advantage

If Tom Brady wins another major (which I hope for) the pop off will be the best thing ive ever seen. Oh and generic aquaman trident rush complaint.

coolwhip

Noob
Yup.

Spend all the bar you need to launch him and do damage in combos so that you can be pushed back into a range where you lose in footsies, and all of his footsie tools lead back into trident rush.
You say this as if the first half of your statement (launching him and doing damage in combos) is insignificant. You just talked about some 40% damage. I'll gladly take that to send him back into a range where I lose in footsies. You're also ignoring the part where Aquaman's wake-ups aren't great so for a lot of characters, the post knockdown game is one of the few times where they thrive.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
You say this as if the first half of your statement (launching him and doing damage in combos) is insignificant. You just talked about some 40% damage. I'll gladly take that to send him back into a range where I lose in footsies. You're also ignoring the part where Aquaman's wake-ups aren't great so for a lot of characters, the post knockdown game is one of the few times where they thrive.
I mean it depends on what you launch him with. In most situations I'm probably not getting somewhere close to 40%, especially since he can trait out of staff's non OH launcher on reaction. I didn't bring up his wakeups because I didn't really feel I needed too when talking about footsies. My escrima wakeups suck too, that doesn't have anything to do with talking about dealing with him in neutral.

For the record I think Aqua is good because of his dominance in neutral, he 100% has some weaknesses.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Is Aquaman fair? No.. but i dont give a fuck. Out of all the top players to CLAIM they played a shitter in MK9, I am one of the very few who actually did. Not only did I play a shitter, but I have more top 8's with this shit character then most of the top players who used much better characters. No one cried for me when I had a shitter, no one made threads about how unfair it was. So fucking what is Aquaman isnt fair. Whats not fair is the fact that we all need to get better and wont admit it.

I believe Aquaman to be top 3. Why am I under performing? Unlike what some will have you believe, I am not the worst FG player in the the 4.5 Billion year history of Earth.

Its because, while I have some of the best defense in the Milky Way, pure defense doesn't cut it in IGAU like it does some other games. My knock down offense is also VERY strong in every fighter, but Aquaman's knock down game isnt strong enough when compared to a lot of other characters oki. IGAU is more about IGAU style footsies over anything and THIS is where Aquaman dominates most of all. While my footsies are usually good in FG's, IGAU is not like other fighters. Its me bootlegging around the IGAU way of footsies that hurts me. To make matters worse, I overcompensate by playing too much offense which hurts me double because it also takes away from my biggest strength of defense.

I need to level up my footsies in this game, then Aquaman will be even more of a mother fucker then he already is. Only being one of the better players when I could be one of the top 3 is something that I will not tolerate any more. Winning another major would put me as one of only 3 to win multiple majors.. See the problem, fix the problem, get results..

Its hard to admit our faults, we all want to believe we are doing everything right and are losing because of something beyond our control. But the fact is that we need to be honest on where we are weak and get fucking better.
@Under_The_Mayo can u make a animated video for this ?

Also mayo I have some amazing video ideas also

Another thread complaining about Aquaman... lol this community complains and refuses to level up against these characters, even the tournament players. Aquaman isn't even that bad. He has no good mix ups.
ppl complain about Aquaman more then they did about Kabal....

hey, i'm fine against aqua, i don't midn the matchup, i just made this thread wondering why a move in which you burn meter for damage builds back meter anyways, isn't burning meter a sacrifice? Christ i come back in a day and there is 135 posts.... I made this thread in a humorous tone, its ridiculous that you can do it 12 times don't you think?? 12 times.... 12???

Did i say aquaman should be banned or i don't feel i can beat the character??? Or that he is braindead??? christ im not in denial of how good mmh is.

but this garbage about requiring defense, deathstroke requires defense, aquaman is fairly straightforward as a turtle. you need to defend against everyone. and please don't tell me you are immune to getting hit by aqua's mixups...

Last edited:

you are a downloader, and you don't have enough bandwidth for a 2/3 and injustice is random as fuck???? you are perhaps getting up there in the years??? sub-zero also got shittier as the game went along by the end of the game sub-zero has like what atleast 14 bad matchups?

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Aquaman is no different that Kenshi w more damage and chip block

He defies the games footsies more than Kenshi did and forces most opponents to always play scared
idk man am not following you here, i don't think aquamans footsies are they great, if anything aqauman just has good defensive normals. when aquaman has to approach you, oh how the tides turn my friend. i don't have trouble against aquaman at all an that flash aqauman MU is PURE footsies.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
idk man am not following you here, i don't think aquamans footsies are they great, if anything aqauman just has good defensive normals. when aquaman has to approach you, oh how the tides turn my friend. i don't have trouble against aquaman at all an that flash aqauman MU is PURE footsies.
You don't have trouble as Flash because you can punish any special AM throws out on block from basically anywhere on the screen. His footsies don't cancel into a safe trident rush. He gets punished, knocked down and you get to start your amazing oki game. Also, trait means jack-all against Flash. Pick up Zatanna, BG or any one of several other characters who have limited footsies and who can't punish trident rush and then tell me his footsies aren't great.