What's new

Question Someone please explain...

As a Lobo player, I'm not afraid of aquaman or MMH. I mean, I know I just lost grand finals to an MMH at a streamed local, but I just don't really know the matchup that well yet.

Lobo ain't afraid of no footsies.
i've always that lobo might be a solid answer to aquaman. Him raven nightwing green lantern and martian are good picks i think

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
You don't have trouble as Flash because you can punish any special AM throws out on block from basically anywhere on the screen. His footsies don't cancel into a safe trident rush. He gets punished, knocked down and you get to start your amazing oki game. Also, trait means jack-all against Flash. Pick up Zatanna, BG or any one of several other characters who have limited footsies and who can't punish trident rush and then tell me his footsies aren't great.
you just described good defensive footsies/normals, which i said he had, but can aquaman suddenly approach batgirl and zatanna for free? when aquaman has to approach you its very different, he is easily kept out just as well as he can keep others out.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
you just described good defensive footsies/normals, which i said he had, but can aquaman suddenly approach batgirl and zatanna for free? when aquaman has to approach you its very different, he is easily kept out just as well as he can keep others out.
Actually what you said was, "AM doesn't have great footsies", which is completely untrue. Footsies, used either defensively or offensively are still footsies. He completely dominates the neutral game (i.e. footsie range) against these characters in all aspects. Keep in mind that AM almost never has to approach either BG or Zatanna (Because FtD) and even when he does, he can do it quite easily. His footsies are exceptional and it's very easy for you to think otherwise because as I mentioned, you play Flash and don't have to deal with them. When I play KF against AM I don't have too much trouble with his footsies either so I can see how you'd see them as overrated. Trust me, as someone who plays characters that struggle against AM, this is an uphill match and b1, trident rush and FtD are the reasons why.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Actually what you said was, "AM doesn't have great footsies", which is completely untrue. Footsies, used either defensively or offensively are still footsies. He completely dominates the neutral game (i.e. footsie range) against these characters in all aspects. Keep in mind that AM almost never has to approach either BG or Zatanna (Because FtD) and even when he does, he can do it quite easily. His footsies are exceptional and it's very easy for you to think otherwise because as I mentioned, you play Flash and don't have to deal with them. When I play KF against AM I don't have too much trouble with his footsies either so I can see how you'd see them as overrated. Trust me, as someone who plays characters that struggle against AM, this is an uphill match and b1, trident rush and FtD are the reasons why.
ACTUALLY what i said was " i don't think aquamans footsies are they great" :) but still you over rate flash in the aquaman MU, i can't approach aquaman at all, which is why i insist its all defensive. as soon as aquaman has to approach me, or imo any other character the tables turn. you just have to find out the avenues on how aquaman can approach and work on shutting each option down, he has j2, an ok dash speed, and b2,b12. he doesn't have a special that he can use to get in. so once you figure out the range he can and can't dash up on you, or as batgirl train you self to anti air DP MB into full combo, then its way better in your favor, this is also the range where he can't really FTD, you should try to find this range and just stand there and wait for aquaman to do something, he he starts walking back prepare to do a instant jump teleport for when he FTD, if this isn't possible then i overrate how fast that move actually is. (i don't have batgirl bought, i just thought of this in my head)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
ACTUALLY what i said was " i don't think aquamans footsies are they great" :) but still you over rate flash in the aquaman MU, i can't approach aquaman at all, which is why i insist its all defensive. as soon as aquaman has to approach me, or imo any other character the tables turn. you just have to find out the avenues on how aquaman can approach and work on shutting each option down, he has j2, an ok dash speed, and b2,b12. he doesn't have a special that he can use to get in. so once you figure out the range he can and can't dash up on you, or as batgirl train you self to anti air DP MB into full combo, then its way better in your favor, this is also the range where he can't really FTD, you should try to find this range and just stand there and wait for aquaman to do something, he he starts walking back prepare to do a instant jump teleport for when he FTD, if this isn't possible then i overrate how fast that move actually is. (i don't have batgirl bought, i just thought of this in my head)
If the AM spaces j2 right you can't reliably anti-air with df2 (DP) :(. It's better to back dash and cartwheel, or db3(1/3/mb). The range where he can't really FtD is cartwheel range (he can trait out after the first hit of cartwheel and guess anyways), and this is exactly where he loves to sit so that won't work either. Since tele has the same amount of startup regardless of whether it's done on the ground or in the air, jumping actually adds frames to the tele. Tele frame data says it's 18 frames, but it's at least 27 frames since it can't punish KF's spike on block (which is -26) . As FtD also trip guards so jumps don't work unless you do it preemptively. This MU is bad for more reasons than just trait but people often fail to realise that.

Decay

King of the Bill
Because Aquamans trait sucks so bad they needed to make up for it. That's the reason cyborg is kind of lame, he has an OP trait

you are a downloader, and you don't have enough bandwidth for a 2/3 and injustice is random as fuck???? you are perhaps getting up there in the years??? sub-zero also got shittier as the game went along by the end of the game sub-zero has like what atleast 14 bad matchups?
What? I download ppl just fine. My point was that avg IGAU style footsies made me overcompensate with offense over actually playing footsies. This hurt double because not only was I not using a strong footsie game, I was using less defense which is my biggest strength as a fg player.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
In several mu's, yes.. Trait is a huge factor. In several other mu's trait isnt that big of a deal and the player just needs really good defense.

The truth of the matter is that IGAU has become a game that lost its identity. It was designed to be a bullshit game with bullshit characters. However, things changed when it was decided which characters get to be bullshit and which have to be fair. So you have several characters trying to be legit characters and others being bullshit. I believe that if the game was able to be the bullshit fest that it probably originally intended to be, things would be a lot better. If a game is gonna be bullshit, then make it full of bullshit.
Yeah.. Green Arrow should have kept all of his shit! But someone made a video and it got nerfed!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
idk man am not following you here, i don't think aquamans footsies are they great, if anything aqauman just has good defensive normals. when aquaman has to approach you, oh how the tides turn my friend. i don't have trouble against aquaman at all an that flash aqauman MU is PURE footsies.
Through the eyes of flash

playing aquaman is far from a enjoyable experience,I fear you may die of boredom.
Its kind of fun if you're used to playing a character like arrow. When you do a nice punish into a full 40%+ damage it really hits home what you're missing out on.

And hey, if I'm ever nostalgic mid match I can always D1 Trident rush and do the same as my max damage Arrow combos.......:DOGE

E

Eldriken

Its kind of fun if you're used to playing a character like arrow. When you do a nice punish into a full 40%+ damage it really hits home what you're missing out on.

And hey, if I'm ever nostalgic mid match I can always D1 Trident rush and do the same as my max damage Arrow combos.......:DOGE
Poor Arrow. The dude's damage is absolute ass. Ice arrow should not make damage scale that damn badly.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme

yeah.u arrow players deserve a medal,I have no idea how u stick it out in some match ups,i always admire character loyalty.enjoy yourself.

@Peckapowa you know

At the end of the day how can a MMH player make this thread about Aquaman ?

I'm ashamed of u

Smh
lol dude you also use top tier ive heard it from your mouth zod is top 2 your character makes other characters feel just as bad as when you fight aquaman or mmh so we MMH players can complain because you shure ass hell complain .

Reactions: TKB