What's new

General/Other - Swarm Queen Someone Body Me

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I play Sub-Zero, im starting to get super frustrated. I'd like someone to mop me so hard that I learn the ins and outs of D'Vorah and what I can and can't get do and get away with. I'm trying to level up with Sub-Zero and D'Vorah is an obstacle I need to overcome. Anyone who is willing to play a scrub like me and body me would be greatly appreciated. Or any tips would be great if you don't want to play me or just simply have an outlying tip I should know from the get go that would also be awesome.

Xbox: TigerBlood117

Please and thanks D'Vorah players! :)

boba_buster

Noob saibot
First tip would be don't bother with GM , go cryo or unbreakable, then find an honest d'whora player and get them to show you the armorable gaps in her pressure. practice jumping out of puddle on reaction and using 12xx to interupt her puddle. We have a really good d'vohra player locally here and he showed me a bunch of stuff to get around her bs .... Didn't really help me beat him but I learned a lot lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What about Scorpion, bro? Not liking him?
I'm liking him but I wanna get squared away with Sub first. I I haven't lost motivation for Scorpion yet, but I can't take on too much in my limited time to play. I feel like my year old Sub would be better for the little time I have to play than my week 2 ninjutsu. :(

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
First tip would be don't bother with GM , go cryo or unbreakable, then find an honest d'whora player and get them to show you the armorable gaps in her pressure. practice jumping out of puddle on reaction and using 12xx to interupt her puddle. We have a really good d'vohra player locally here and he showed me a bunch of stuff to get around her bs .... Didn't really help me beat him but I learned a lot lol
I typically do use Cryomancer against her and Mileena.

TwiztidOne

I don't know who that is...
if you don't already you should try to learn to option select through wgc pressure, some dude explained it pretty good in another thread

option select an armored reversal (advanced players always use that against me). By option selecting an armored reversal, you add an additional concern to the D'Vorah player during his pressure, making them cautious to leave any openings (e.g go for a mixup after a wgc, cancel any string to a puddle, or go for a stagger string).

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Forget jumping out of puddle. Sub can slide out of every string into puddle. If you block a d4 use your own poke to stop her from doing puddle after. Midscreen try reacting to puddle by running forward and punishing her. What Zoofs and Dante do to me in the corner after a clone is walk back and react to anything dumb I do with a b2 or JIP, b3, etc. Walking back makes it so Debbie can't attack you through clone and it also gives you room to run forward on a puddle and punish.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Forget jumping out of puddle. Sub can slide out of every string into puddle. If you block a d4 use your own poke to stop her from doing puddle after. Midscreen try reacting to puddle by running forward and punishing her. What Zoofs and Dante do to me in the corner after a clone is walk back and react to anything dumb I do with a b2 or JIP, b3, etc. Walking back makes it so Debbie can't attack you through clone and it also gives you room to run forward on a puddle and punish.
Thanks, that's good stuff, especially the corner advice. I'm having trouble right outside of footsie distance and around full screen. Are you thinking that Grandmaster is the way to go still, because of the corner? Or would Cryomancer be better because I can go blow for blow with damage and get the free jump in after the hammer HKD?- it would be very easy to abuse the HKD because how easy it is to avoid D'Vorah's wakeup.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Thanks, that's good stuff, especially the corner advice. I'm having trouble right outside of footsie distance and around full screen. Are you thinking that Grandmaster is the way to go still, because of the corner? Or would Cryomancer be better because I can go blow for blow with damage and get the free jump in after the hammer HKD?- it would be very easy to abuse the HKD because how easy it is to avoid D'Vorah's wakeup.
It might be, but Cyro damage won't be enough imo. Dante has tried that on me but he always goes back to GM

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Yeah Ricans does this to me too

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
raw ovipositor tho....oh wait, your talking about on knockdown?