What's new

General/Other - Swarm Queen Someone Body Me

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Ninjutsu is a character who does about as good as any character in the game does against Dvorah, rather than grinding this match up as Sub this is the perfect MU to play as Scorp

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Ninjutsu is a character who does about as good as any character in the game does against Dvorah, rather than grinding this match up as Sub this is the perfect MU to play as Scorp
But what about his armor? Once she gets in its KYS. But out of the two variations I use, being Grandmaster and Ninjutsu, I might as well.

God Confirm

But what about his armor? Once she gets in its KYS. But out of the two variations I use, being Grandmaster and Ninjutsu, I might as well.
What do you mean? His armies is 9f and low profiles, against Dvorah that's enough to armour through anything (other than arm or breaking set ups). He's no worse off than anyone else in this regard

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What do you mean? His armies is 9f and low profiles, against Dvorah that's enough to armour through anything (other than arm or breaking set ups). He's no worse off than anyone else in this regard
Yeah but it's death on whiff or block, Frost Bomb launches, and is minus 10 with some pushback. But you're right, I do need to use Scorpion for this matchup.

God Confirm

Yeah but it's death on whiff or block, Frost Bomb launches, and is minus 10 with some pushback. But you're right, I do need to use Scorpion for this matchup.
Sure but most armor is getting punished on read by a good player. also he has Ex TP on wake up against things like NjP or whatever, and that's a full combo + gives you the corner, and Ninjutsu should absolutely wreck her in the corner

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sure but most armor is getting punished on read by a good player. also he has Ex TP on wake up against things like NjP or whatever, and that's a full combo + gives you the corner, and Ninjutsu should absolutely wreck her in the corner
He can deal with her ovi pretty will. If it's not in favor of D'Vorah, then to even, Scorpion doesn't win this. But will still be better than using Sub. Thanks.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Are you talking about the trade causing infinite health? Or that he beats Sub-Zero?
I'm talking about how much trouble GM is for Sun God. Then, I picked up Mystic and it seems practically flipped.

His Tele-Hang can bust the clone and lift Sub in one swoop. I just think there are so few Mystics out there that the bad matchup has gone unnoticed.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm talking about how much trouble GM is for Sun God. Then, I picked up Mystic and it seems practically flipped.

His Tele-Hang can bust the clone and lift Sub in one swoop. I just think there are so few Mystics out there that the bad matchup has gone unnoticed.
I have it as a possible 3-7 in my MU chart in the SZ PM. And yeah I feel sorry for you Sun God guys, but in XL it's a bit better. I'm well aware he beats Sun God, I'm just trying to level up against D'Vorah...

God Confirm

He can deal with her ovi pretty will. If it's not in favor of D'Vorah, then to even, Scorpion doesn't win this. But will still be better than using Sub. Thanks.
I'm not saying he wins it. The nature of DVorah does not leave her any real losing match ups other than *maybe* Takeda. Just saying, Ninjutsu does as well as you can really hope any character to do against Dvorah, which is more than likely a 5-5, which is all you need to beat someone if you play better.

GAV

Although this is a good idea, Scorpion is a mostly flowing character - as opposed to the tap-tap character Sub Zero is. Sub Zeros tend to have the most success going from Sub to Triborg - and Sektor seems to match up with D'Vorah very well. Piercing Mileena would also work.

God Confirm

Although this is a good idea, Scorpion is a mostly flowing character - as opposed to the tap-tap character Sub Zero is. Sub Zeros tend to have the most success going from Sub to Triborg - and Sektor seems to match up with D'Vorah very well.
He already plays Ninjutsu as his secondary, otherwise I wouldn't recommend picking a new character to anyone because that's on them to find their secondaries on the own. Just saying, he's already got a character in his vocab that can play with Dvo, while SZ cannot

thlityoursloat

kick kick

This video was just hilarious to watch, I mean, 0 disrespect to Honeybee, but watching him get annoyed after guessing wrong on a safe 50/50 was just fucking glorious. Kano back dashing D'vorah's F1 is also just funny as hell.

GAV

He already plays Ninjutsu as his secondary, otherwise I wouldn't recommend picking a new character to anyone because that's on them to decide
Didn't know. There is a grouping that seems easier to progress through. Scorpion starts with flowing and follows up with tap-taps, so his base reaction starts with flowing. Sub Zero starts with tap-taps and ends with flowing, so the base reaction starts with tap-taps. Scorpions have lots of choices, while Subs tend to go Reptile, Liu Kang, Mileena, Kitana, EB, JC, or Cassie. Starting with Sub lends itself to learning the more cancel-based characters. Not good or bad, or an attempt at trolling a thread off-topic - its just something I noticed that I found interesting.

GAV

This video was just hilarious to watch, I mean, 0 disrespect to Honeybee, but watching him get annoyed after guessing wrong on a safe 50/50 was just fucking glorious. Kano back dashing D'vorah's F1 is also just funny as hell.
Honeybee seems like a good dude, but I fucking hate D'Vorah. I know her execution is difficult to get down, but her meta is completely braindead.

God Confirm

Didn't know. There is a grouping that seems easier to progress through. Scorpion starts with flowing and follows up with tap-taps, so his base reaction starts with flowing. Sub Zero starts with tap-taps and ends with flowing, so the base reaction starts with tap-taps. Scorpions have lots of choices, while Subs tend to go Reptile, Liu Kang, Mileena, Kitana, EB, JC, or Cassie. Starting with Sub lends itself to learning the more cancel-based characters. Not good or bad, or an attempt at trolling a thread off-topic - its just something I noticed that I found interesting.
I have no idea what you are talking about

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I play to win.

I'm not like you guys that would main a shit tier char then when bodied just blame it on the char to feel better about yourself.

I play top tier that way when I lose I know its me and only me.

God Confirm

I play to win.

I'm not like you guys that would main a shit tier char then when bodied just blame it on the char to feel better about yourself.

If you can't see the appeal in playstyle alone to playing Grandmaster, or Scorpion, then perhaps you've lost sight of why people play a game to begin with. Some of us are not so self absorbed and are more than capable of recognising our mistakes contributing to our losses, without needing to stack the cards in our favour as much as possible at the cost of actually having fun. I'd lose interest in this game in no time if I refused to play my favourite characters just because they weren't top tier.

Tweedy

Noob
Yeah and very few people are like Justin Wong or Sonicfox, where they can just pick up a character and be super fluent with them.

My Alien is still poopy butt in comparison to my Kotal/Lao, even though Alien came out two months ago.

So if you decide to run with Grandmaster or somebody for a long time, and they don't end up being all that great, you may not be able to switch to a top tier and find even the same success.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
If you can't see the appeal in playstyle alone to playing Grandmaster, or Scorpion, then perhaps you've lost sight of why people play a game to begin with. Some of us are not so self absorbed and are more than capable of recognising our mistakes contributing to our losses, without needing to stack the cards in our favour as much as possible at the cost of actually having fun. I'd lose interest in this game in no time if I refused to play my favourite characters just because they weren't top tier.
Playing to win is extremely fun to a lot of us.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I play to win.

Sub-Zero ISNT a shit tier though. It's not fucking Kenshi or something.