What's new

Match-up Discussion Solomon Grundy Matchup Thread

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
No, that's Mike playing the matchup well.

What he didn't exploit in it was the fact you can WCC and punish Cyborgs string gaps, abuse mb SH when he was throwing the straight blasts in a pattern and start D2ing grapple J2s to get that lead and chain started.
dude you serious? This MU is next to impossible. I'm super surprised he won as I am sure he was when it happened.

This is a MU unlike anything Joker has to deal with. There is no denying he played it well...as well as any Grundy could. But I'm inclined to say that Cyborg dropped the soap

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
dude you serious? This MU is next to impossible. I'm super surprised he won as I am sure he was when it happened.

This is a MU unlike anything Joker has to deal with. There is no denying he played it well...as well as any Grundy could. But I'm inclined to say that Cyborg dropped the soap
Which top cyborg player have you played in long offline sets to determine that?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Did mike and relaxed state play long offline sets? Or just one tournament set? Tell me that.
Good. I have my answer.

Nobody has actually grinded out the matchup with the best cyborg ( relaxed ) and are going off without any proof past theory.

I'm not saying it's good, even or bad. I'm saying that you don't know and maybe this tournament set is a good place to start.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Good. I have my answer.

Nobody has actually grinded out the matchup with the best cyborg ( relaxed ) and are going off without any proof past theory.

I'm not saying it's good, even or bad. I'm saying that you don't know and maybe this tournament set is a good place to start.
I guess I have my answer too.

I've played him online tons of matches and play cyborg myself. I understand it's theory fighting but who are you to say you know the MU better than any cyborg or Grundy player?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I guess I have my answer too.

I've played him online tons of matches and play cyborg myself. I understand it's theory fighting but who are you to say you know the MU better than any cyborg or Grundy player?
Online any zoning character is god.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Agreed. However, This MU is shit and I can't understand how you can possibly think otherwise.
It is difficult to agree to that ( as a non-grundy main however ) when we both agree that cyborg can be god-mode online and you've only played this online.

My reasons and feel free to correct me.

One touch from grundy and he gets the chip chain which forces cyborg to come to him, making this matchup HELL for cyborg

grundy does way more damage

cyborg has no mixups and you can wcc between his strings and get a d2 11 sh punish

you can d2 him as he comes down from grapple for 45-50% for one bar

if you just walk duck like kabal's iagbs you will not receive any damage that you cant equalise with one touch

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It is difficult to agree to that ( as a non-grundy main however ) when we both agree that cyborg can be god-mode online and you've only played this online.

My reasons and feel free to correct me.

One touch from grundy and he gets the chip chain which forces cyborg to come to him, making this matchup HELL for cyborg

grundy does way more damage

cyborg has no mixups and you can wcc between his strings and get a d2 11 sh punish

you can d2 him as he comes down from grapple for 45-50% for one bar

if you just walk duck like kabal's iagbs you will not receive any damage that you cant equalise with one touch
So you do want to theory fight this out? Ok...

I also play cyborg, offline, and online...I've never lost to a Grundy in either sense. He is actually one of my best characters.

It's not like your on to anything new here. This theory fighting has been done before. Same can be said for Grundy Zod MU but in actuality it is much harder to catch them than it is for them to not be caught.

Plus Grundy can't build meter without getting hit by fireballs. Universal Anti Grundy tech applies to cyborg as well with mb b3 f3 and un grabable normals. If Grundy plays as lame as possible and never gets hit, he will never catch cyborg but he will allow him to mb f3 mb b3 and iafb mb all fucking day. Not to mention that he can't do damage without meter...which he can't build without taking a huge life deficit.

What else you got?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
although i agree with you both im kinda leanin towards qwarks side of thinking lately , i honestly dont mind taking say 40-50% (25-35% with health trait) and building up two bars by WCC and taking reduced damage , just in the last month im starting to use WC productively not just trying to barge past everything and im doing much better, cyborgs string gaps and lack of wake ups are very exploitable. id rather play a cyborg than hawkgirl, bane, superman, black adam whoever else wrecks grundy , it does get stressful sometimes but just keep the right mindset and the matches become a lot tighter . :) (just the ramblings of an online warrior ! dont kill me guys :DOGE)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Grundy v Cyborg
4-6

@Relaxedstate and I think this. Its not an 8-2 as you may think.

MMH vs Grundy
6-4 / 7-3

I'd rather fight MMH than Superman.
I'd say mmh is easier than cyborg by far. I'd put...

mmh at 4-6
Cyborg 3-7
Hawk girl 3-7
Superman 4-6
Black Adam 4-6

We are splitting hairs on this for just one number. Hard MU are hard MU honestly the number doesn't matter. We all counter pick for different reasons. If cyborg isn't a 3-7 I don't know what is

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'd say mmh is easier than cyborg by far. I'd put...

mmh at 4-6
Cyborg 3-7
Hawk girl 3-7
Superman 4-6
Black Adam 4-6

We are splitting hairs on this for just one number. Hard MU are hard MU honestly the number doesn't matter. We all counter pick for different reasons. If cyborg isn't a 3-7 I don't know what is
I would say that anyone than can jump back and do a special move or air dash is probably an inherent bad match for Grundy.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
@AK L0rdoftheFLY

Superman isn't 6-4

KDZ and Jupiter bopped me with godlike trait cycling... I think its 7-3.

I also think Aquaman is a tough matchup, so much so I'm gonna follow Tyrant and use chip trait as well.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@AK L0rdoftheFLY

Superman isn't 6-4

KDZ and Jupiter bopped me with godlike trait cycling... I think its 7-3.

I also think Aquaman is a tough matchup, so much so I'm gonna follow Tyrant and use chip trait as well.
I hear you, but that doesn't convince me they are 7-3. Aquaman is 4-6 or 5-5 imo.

Opinions are all this is. Honestly it doesn't matter. I've been using Chip trait on Aquaman for months now and think it makes a huge difference based on the style of the Aqua you play.

Again 4-6 3-7...whats the difference. That just states your personal feelings toward the MU.

Honestly I don't think any of us are half as good as Tyrant to discuss this with any shits given by the community. It will always and only be just our personal opinion.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Honestly I don't think any of us are half as good as Tyrant to discuss this with any shits given by the community. It will always and only be just our personal opinion.
I think I'm not too far behind Tyrant. I don't play the game as much as I should. But in the end youre right, its just opinions.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Sooooooooo, I just played against a good Bane for the first time as Grundy :( Seriously, what in the name of armour do you do?!

Shoutouts to @PND OmegaK for showing me Grundy knows little of strength lol

Going to hit training mode to look into shit but in the mean time anyone that has any advice I would appreciate it.