What's new

Match-up Discussion Solomon Grundy Matchup Thread

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Why is Lex/Grundy 5-5? I have no idea what to do there... @ShadowBeatz just killed me
Oh no, that was you? I'm so embarrassed. All I did the entire match was j3 XD

I don't feel comfortable throwing out MU numbers, but Grundy is annoying because his armor prevents a lot of my set-ups, and I don't feel comfortable doing wake-up Corps-Charge because of the threat of WCC pressure and such. HOWEVER, and I believe I said this in either the Lex forum or in this thread, Lex's trait bends Grundy over because he doesn't have any fast two hitting anythings (besides MAYBE 11 if if mess up timing), so I actually feel Lex has an advantage, but again, I'm not comfortable throwing out MU numbers :oops:

EDIT: Now that I see MikeMetroid saying it's not even, then I'm a little bit more comfortable saying it's in Lex's favor :D

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
its not >_< my list needs to be updated, but to be frank I haven't been keeping up with the meta...
damn, so there's not something easy i'm missing? guess I'm lucky not many play lex lol

Oh no, that was you? I'm so embarrassed. All I did the entire match was j3 XD

I don't feel comfortable throwing out MU numbers, but Grundy is annoying because his armor prevents a lot of my set-ups, and I don't feel comfortable doing wake-up Corps-Charge because of the threat of WCC pressure and such. HOWEVER, and I believe I said this in either the Lex forum or in this thread, Lex's trait bends Grundy over because he doesn't have any fast two hitting anythings (besides MAYBE 11 if if mess up timing), so I actually feel Lex has an advantage, but again, I'm not comfortable throwing out MU numbers :oops:

EDIT: Now that I see MikeMetroid saying it's not even, then I'm a little bit more comfortable saying it's in Lex's favor :D
yeah to be honest I felt the same way in reverse, it seems like you ALWAYS had armor and grundy is so frigging slow I didn't know what I could to try and open you up lol. Granted I'm a scrub so you'd probably beat me even if it was even but I don't feel good about that mu at all . I need to see tyrant fight revolver or something, maybe he can make it look good

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
@rev0lver fucks my grundy pretty hxc...

I try to keep a constant grave rot going, but most of the time WCC just doesn't cut it in this matchup. You have to be able to get lex in the corner, and keep him there. Don't ever give him the chance to get that armor going.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I wasn't using grave rot, i'll have to keep that in mind for next time. Cornering just feels so helpless after he gets his stuff started, eventually he's got all kinds of ish on the field and even if you hit him you get knocked out of whatever you're doing. Man. Fuck that. I never realized how much other armor fucked grundy

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I wasn't using grave rot, i'll have to keep that in mind for next time. Cornering just feels so helpless after he gets his stuff started, eventually he's got all kinds of ish on the field and even if you hit him you get knocked out of whatever you're doing. Man. Fuck that. I never realized how much other armor fucked grundy
Bane is even a worse matchup because of Bane's armor... its nuts

macro

Eezeepeezee
What i think on the grundy vs nightwing matchup for one about your trait chip is great for nightwing but let's say after the staff spin MB are main thing we are going to do is try to open you guys up. So then the main thing we go for is another staff spin because you can't grab us out of it .also it's five hits so if you do walking corpes you will have to cancel out of it and we can just MB it again .And wing ding is used to stop you from moving in and to billed more meter for staff spin MB. The main part of use using flip kick is after f213 and you can not out use the air grab after that. And yes we will always walk back in the start of a match or do wing dings because both of your options after thoughs two thing we could care less about.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I sometimes forget bane is so mobile. Is it just me or did the big character tier list get flipped almost entirely over the course of the patches? WHY didn't Grundy get buffs like bane and lex did? :(
because trait grab being unclashable was just not fair.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
because trait grab being unclashable was just not fair.
It's the least they could do is return trait grab's unclashability. I mean damn, half the time I couldn't even get shadowbeatz to his second life bar. coincidentally I'd like to put my idea for Grundy to have a safe teleport version of WC back on the table

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
After playing a lot of sets with @rev0lver a while back, and continuing to train against Lex with my sparring buddy here, I would say the matchup is 6-4 Lex....but after playing against A LOT of Luther I don't think it's that hard of a 6-4.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
It's the least they could do is return trait grab's unclashability. I mean damn, half the time I couldn't even get shadowbeatz to his second life bar. coincidentally I'd like to put my idea for Grundy to have a safe teleport version of WC back on the table
To be fair, you might have hit me with a trait grab like twice :D

But yeah, I mained Grundy when they made it clashable and I've always thought that "normalization" was unwarranted

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
the way i go about this matchup , backdash then get grave rot up then WCC until his armour disappears then punish , you can MB swamp hands all his projectiles on reaction , its still a very tricky match up but just gotta keep your head and remember lex up close with trait is scary so dont try overpower him like u can with some characters just block dat shit if rot is active u can punish like normal

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Lex Grundy = even
5-5. Grundy Grave rot will negate lex trait. The match is gonna finish based on who can keep the momentum going. If lex get trait out before grundy gets GR it is a long day, and the opposite is also true. Once you know the setups and what you can armor through, the rest is based around this meta. To me it is a super fun MU but I also play NW so this is a MU I play more for fun and not to win. I'll pick NW if I want to win.

Bane Grundy = Bane favor
4-6. Grundy can block believe it or not. You have to vs bane. When his trait is gone, do 100% combos...lol Just my opinion but again I play NW who wins 6-4 vs bane.

NW vs Grundy = NW favor
4-6. Tyrant says its 3-7...I don't disagree but it being 4-6 is apparent to say the least. Grundy has to always stay on his toes and watch for flip kick. FK really messes him up. Both stances are equally effective in this MU.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
2-8? I mean it's bad but it's not THAT bad.
Do you play on XBL? I am still yet to fight Bane that gives me trouble as Grundy and it'd be cool to play the MU with a Bane main. I'm in the UK so connection may be terrible, just wondering is all. Just thinking about it I have a hard time believing it's 2-8. I think Grundy's damage alone keeps it out of that range.

fr stack

Do you play on XBL? I am still yet to fight Bane that gives me trouble as Grundy and it'd be cool to play the MU with a Bane main. I'm in the UK so connection may be terrible, just wondering is all. Just thinking about it I have a hard time believing it's 2-8. I think Grundy's damage alone keeps it out of that range.
wanna do some mirrors ??? i live in ireland , i didnt know u had XBL :)

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
After playing a lot of sets with @rev0lver a while back, and continuing to train against Lex with my sparring buddy here, I would say the matchup is 6-4 Lex....but after playing against A LOT of Luther I don't think it's that hard of a 6-4.
interesting, what's your plan of attack in the mu?

the way i go about this matchup , backdash then get grave rot up then WCC until his armour disappears then punish , you can MB swamp hands all his projectiles on reaction , its still a very tricky match up but just gotta keep your head and remember lex up close with trait is scary so dont try overpower him like u can with some characters just block dat shit if rot is active u can punish like normal
it felt kinda helpless lol, if I didn't stay in beatz' face he started filling the screen up with lex's shit and I only have so much meter for swamp hands. Needs further explanation

To be fair, you might have hit me with a trait grab like twice :D

But yeah, I mained Grundy when they made it clashable and I've always thought that "normalization" was unwarranted
that armor/jumping axe combo was brain fucking me lol, I couldn't figure out how to get close

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Shit I never thought of grave rot in the lex mu. My 3 day old Grundy now gives even fewer fucks than before.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane Grundy = Bane favor
4-6. Grundy can block believe it or not. You have to vs bane. When his trait is gone, do 100% combos...lol Just my opinion but again I play NW who wins 6-4 vs bane.
Its not that good for him either imo lol. I could be on level 3 debuff, you'll never catch me.
Also NW - Bane is 5-5 from what I've heard. It has been since we learned we can block wing-dings and stuff staff on wake-up.

fr stack

Its not that good for him either imo lol. I could be on level 3 debuff, you'll never catch me.
Also NW - Bane is 5-5 from what I've heard. It has been since we learned we can block wing-dings and stuff staff on wake-up.
id love to have some games against you tech vs tech haha :)