What's new

Match-up Discussion Solomon Grundy Matchup Thread

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yeah but the character is so quick I can never catch him and his jump 3 is so annoying I cant just yolo him because he can get away when he shoots the ground and jumps back w/e that move is
AA grab J3 dawg. The idea is to catch him either between pressure or during dashes. Just gotta be smart and corner him.

P.S. I think the MU is not in Grundy's favor still but I am just recommending that you take a different approach to the matchup.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
AA grab J3 dawg. The idea is to catch him either between pressure or during dashes. Just gotta be smart and corner him.

P.S. I think the MU is not in Grundy's favor still but I am just recommending that you take a different approach to the matchup.
I'm talking about when he jumps back and does j3 when dodging wc(c)

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I say he loses to zatanna, wowo,shaz
For Zatanna and WoWo it's 5-5.5. Meaning they have a slight advantage, but I wouldn't say they're 4-6. And for shazam, my buddy and I play this match up almost everyday for the last year. I just personally know that matchup the best so I think it's even once you figure everything out.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
There's a lot I disagree with to be honest, especially bane and cyborg. Im not trying to be a sick by saying this but you need to be play people that are better with those characters. Will post more thoughts later.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Is catwoman really an uphill battle? I've never had trouble in that match, but my experience also isn't the most extensive

I would say Lex Cy GL and Bane all have potential to be 3-7's
or maybe worse #datdownplayerstatus:p

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
I don't think he loses to Catwoman IMO its feels like a 5-5. I also think he loses to DD. But other than that that chart looks pretty solid. nice work

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
That Joker MU doooohhhh. Definitely 4.5-5.5 Grundy. He as a slight advantage but not 6-4 worthy imo. But then again I'm a nobody so my opinion is irrelevant lol

Reactions: Kyu

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
GA is fine, wcc is your friend here. I notice most GA do their back dash arrow move on wakeup so be aware of that. again wcc will help. definitely health trait for that match. It reduces his damage even more than it already is.

I'm convinced the hardest grundy matchup in the game is black adam, seriously fuck that guy.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
People say I downplay Grundy too much but this is what I think.
Aquaman- 4-6
Ares- 6-4
Bane- 3-7
Batgirl- 5-5 (whoever touches who first dies)
Batman- 4-6
Black Adam- 4-6
Catwoman- 5-5
Cyborg- 2-8
Deathstroke- 4-6
Doomsday- 4-6
Flash- 4-6
Green Arrow- 4-6
Green Lantern- 4-6
Harley Quinn- 4-6
Hawkgirl- 2-8
The Joker- 6-4