What's new

Match-up Discussion Solomon Grundy Matchup Thread

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
interesting, what's your plan of attack in the mu?
I don't respect him. The only thing I respect is the armor. Probes? Just dash in or WC(C) in. Half of the time they whiff and if they don't, they don't really do anything. WC(C) staff gun thing. AA grab beats j.3 if done close enough. Your oki against him is catastrophically good. You just can't Lex setup his shenanigans.

Also, what Lord of the Fly said. Gotta keep up the gas and the momentum!

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I don't respect him. The only thing I respect is the armor. Probes? Just dash in or WC(C) in. Half of the time they whiff and if they don't, they don't really do anything. WC(C) staff gun thing. AA grab beats j.3 if done close enough. Your oki against him is catastrophically good. You just can't Lex setup his shenanigans.

Also, what Lord of the Fly said. Gotta keep up the gas and the momentum!
Thanks to you and @AK L0rdoftheFLY for coloring me in here, gonna have to try and implement this stuff. Bald man will fear grundy...

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I've been playing grundy more and more lately. he is so much fun when you know which MU you can win and don't mind counter picking ones you know you can't.

I'd highly recommend Grundy players pick up scorpion, MMH, or batgirl to help in those other MU...if you do this I promise your life will be more stress free.

Do you guys know how to deal with a cyborg who can actually do instant air fireballs? I tried timing ex hands but that was more difficult than I thought it would be.

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
so it seems like the key thing is to get that trait up and have a lead. any suggestions on how to get in?
Patience and WCC. DF1 him if he goes for grapple and put him in a set up. Block, dash, etc. If he doesn't have perfect execution then you duck the fire balls. Personally, I save all meter to MB trait or Swamp hands if I can finally get in and punish.

EDIT: Your main focus should be getting chip trait up at all cost. Don't know how important that is to express.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Patience and WCC. DF1 him if he goes for grapple and put him in a set up. Block, dash, etc. If he doesn't have perfect execution then you duck the fire balls. Personally, I save all meter to MB trait or Swamp hands if I can finally get in and punish.

EDIT: Your main focus should be getting chip trait up at all cost. Don't know how important that is to express.
i play this match up weird , forget about dashing for a start , i tend to go for health trait instead so i can WCC any fireballs once im in range to get in , gotta be on the lookout for MB b3's with this strategy . so usually id throw out a WCC into d2 WCC to bait the MB b3/f3 then punish as hard as i can cause i aint gettin in for a while , chip trait is good if u have patience :DOGE

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think it's more about luck. This might be the only time a Grundy has beaten a top cyborg...and could be the last.

Lol

Strategy is as stated above

macro

Eezeepeezee
Hey guys what's the Grundy mmh matchup like? Because when i think about it it does not seem that bad but i'm no grundy player.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think it's more about luck. This might be the only time a Grundy has beaten a top cyborg...and could be the last.

Lol

Strategy is as stated above
No, that's Mike playing the matchup well.

What he didn't exploit in it was the fact you can WCC and punish Cyborgs string gaps, abuse mb SH when he was throwing the straight blasts in a pattern and start D2ing grapple J2s to get that lead and chain started.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Like i said before any info is good for me i was just wondering.
You can punish OH tele on reaction. I feel like you can EX SH's a lot of his zoning. Played a long set with @Espio awhile back and it was pretty even, except when MMH got momentum.

I don't feel like my opinion matters when it comes to match ups, but that's how I feel as well. 6-4 at best. I mean, dude has ungrabbable frames on his pillar, lol.
Your opinion matters to me ;_; those ungrabbable frames are lame.

Yeah I feel like I can fight MMH easier than I can some other characters with Grundy, but I'm pretty sucky so take my opinion with salt
I agree. (not on you being sucky)

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
You can punish OH tele on reaction. I feel like you can EX SH's a lot of his zoning. Played a long set with @Espio awhile back and it was pretty even, except when MMH got momentum.

Your opinion matters to me ;_; those ungrabbable frames are lame.

I agree. (not on you being sucky)
I feel like I know the game, and know my character, but there are just some characters I don't play offline at a high level. So while I semi know what I'm talking about, take anything juice and I say with a grain of salt. ;)