What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet vs. Freddy

M2Dave

Zoning Master
This sounds like new tech I havnt seen. If you have tech that magically makes ex diggers wiff while stand blocking please make a video and show it.
I do not have any recording equipment at the moment, but I will see what I can do. This can easily be tested with another player in practice mode. Just tap up while blocking low and immediately tap down. You avoid the EX dagger and block the slide too (in case they do one instead).

ryublaze

Noob
EX Dagger after a crouch blocked string is 100% escapable and results in the Skarlet player wasting a bar of meter. On stand block you'll be jailed though.

AssassiN

Noob
Strings that can be followed up with EX dagger cancel on Freddy that will hit while he is crouching(that don't work on characters with a lower hitbox):
F31
F312
F33
B1
B11

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
My fault. I meant stand-block.

Khaotic_xShangx, no one is talking about neutral-crouching. Basically, if you are crouch-blocking, stand-blocking makes EX daggers whiff in strings.
It sounds like you are completely contradicting yourself. I know you're smart enough not to do that, so I'm assuming you know something I don't. care to make a video and show us what you mean exactly?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Sorry on iPhone. Just read the rest of the posts. That sounds like a glitch. I guess I'm just going to have to see it first. otherwise it sounds too terrible to be true.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
It sounds like you are completely contradicting yourself. I know you're smart enough not to do that, so I'm assuming you know something I don't. care to make a video and show us what you mean exactly?
A bunch of characters have this problem. Rain's water ball, Noob's ghost ball, and various other moves whiff up close from time to time. Or I assume, this is what we are talking about with skarlets ex dagger whiffing.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
My fault. I meant stand-block.

Khaotic_xShangx, no one is talking about neutral-crouching. Basically, if you are crouch-blocking, stand-blocking makes EX daggers whiff in strings.
If a Skarlet players decides to jail you with a 112 then yes.
however this rule doesn't aply to 114, that if catch you standing it will jail you standing until you block the en dagger cancel

M2Dave

Zoning Master
If a Skarlet players decides to jail you with a 112 then yes.
however this rule doesn't aply to 114, that if catch you standing it will jail you standing until you block the en dagger cancel
Why would I ever stand-block versus Skarlet? She only has two legitimate ways to set up EX daggers: after a jumping punch and after 1,1,2 in juggles. Everything else can be fuzzy-guarded.

Skarlet is overrated. She needs old dagger cancels. However, I still think the Freddy match up could be even because EX dash has more armor than I thought. But she has to work hard for her wins and has no room for errors yet does not dominate any character in particular. High mid tier at best.

L0rdoftheFLY, I will try tonight.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Why would I ever stand-block versus Skarlet? She only has two legitimate ways to set up EX daggers: after a jumping punch and after 1,1,2 in juggles. Everything else can be fuzzy-guarded.

Skarlet is overrated. She needs old dagger cancels. However, I still think the Freddy match up could be even because EX dash has more armor than I thought. But she has to work hard for her wins and has no room for errors yet does not dominate any character in particular. High mid tier at best.

That is indeed true, note that i'm not overrating her, i do know her limits;)

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
. High mid tier at best.
I remember when you adamantly placed Skarlet in the same tier as Jade (F tier at that point in time) ~4 months ago. 4 months from now, will she be S+ tier on your chart? :p

ryublaze

Noob

You can fuzzy guard her 13 frame EX Down Slash?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
No. But down slash is highly punishable on block and whiff.

Ninj, I was wrong, but Skarlet remains overrated.
Just giving you shit.

Whether or not she's overrated, of which I have no comment, I love her anyway. In a totally normal, non-dream-journal-entry type of way.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
I still say tier list wise, she is between #10-12. She is very high risk/high reward but i am fine with that. And like dave said she is harder to win with which makes the game more fun imo.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I still say tier list wise, she is between #10-12. She is very high risk/high reward but i am fine with that. And like dave said she is harder to win with which makes the game more fun imo.
I am not even sure she is ranked that high if the opponent knows all of her tricks and set ups. Blind Skarlet fanatics underrate just how much the dagger cancel has been toned down. I continue talking about it because ten more recovery frames on the regular dagger cancel is a substantial change to Skarlet's game. Take Kabal's iaGB and increase the recovery by ten frames and see what happens to the character. The point is that Skarlet cannot build meter from a distance any more, and Skarlet with a lot less meter is a lot less deadly. She had one of the best zoning games pre-patch. Now, her zoning game is pitiful.

Honestly, old dagger cancel would not make a difference versus characters like Freddy and Kenshi, but Cage, Jax, Reptile, Sonya, etc. players would hate fighting you.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Take Kabal's iaGB and increase the recovery by ten frames and see what happens to the character.
Skarlet iaD is -1 frame than kabal .. Her tp is a very good anti zoning against many character, same about her red dash armored which can hit in full screen.

The point is that Skarlet cannot build meter from a distance any more, and Skarlet with a lot less meter is a lot less deadly
That's why she makes meter in close fight. Skarlet isn't a 100% zoning character, she's just dagging to get in (1-2 dc is enough to do so).

A good character isn't a 100% zoning character or 100% close fight, but a character having a good zoning and who can charge quickly to get in close position.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
Skarlet iaD is -1 frame than kabal .. Her tp is a very good anti zoning against many character, same about her red dash armored which can hit in full screen.
is there a trick to doin the instant dagger on a pad? right know i cant do even do just one at the right height.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
ok after 5 minutes of practice i can get 1 out of every 5 to hit sonya. Umma have to put in bout 2 hrs to get this down to were i can do 5 out of 5 constantly. A hitbox would make this so much easier.
Even with a hitbox its not 100%. I practice my instant air daggers every day and have yet to get 10 in a row consistently.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
iaD is overrated and very difficult to hit. Besides, I am certain Kabal's iaGBs have a quicker start up, which is why you can make them disappear full screen away. Skarlet's zoning is average at best for all the reasons that I have already mentioned 100 times before.

Skarlet's teleport is trash. I have already explained why it is the worst teleport in the game. EX dash is very good, indeed. But you are not punishing any projectile full screen away unless you fight Noob.

Out of every sub forum on this web site, you Skarlet players are the most delusional about your character.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
Wow dave acting like we saying skarlet is top 10 material or something. We just pointing out her options that is it. She has alot of even MUs and yes we know he specials are bad outside of ex red dash. I have even stated this countless of times. I rarely use her teleport unless i land a jump kick. Rarely use downslash cause of how punishable it is but i will throw a couple in to keep people honest. Main point is she is high risk/high reward. She has her shenanigans just like any other character. So can we please practice our iaDs in peace cause they are hard as hell to do in order to zone unlike freddy who is on the edge of being OP. Yes i just said that. He has great zoning and a great 50/50 that cant be fuzzy guarded. Unlike others except the low tier people, we have to work for our wins by up close fighting mostly.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Out of every sub forum on this web site, you Skarlet players are the most delusional about your character.
Go say that to my opponents xD Ppl saying she is broken aren't the skarlet players ^^

Anyway, do you think skarlet's zoning and tp sux against ermac or sz ? Do you know she can combo from a dagger cancel at twice jump distance ? Except freddy, kenshi, and kabal, who can out zone skarlet ?