What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Matchup Discussion Thread

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I am inclined to agree with you.
FCP/EMP SCAR never let me down while using the blood queen, he uses everything she has, from the consistent to inconsistent stuff, he plays fast, he reads fast, he anticipates fast, he knows what he is doing. He switchs from rushdown to footsies, to rushdown to zoning.

And the funny shit is that he hardly comes to the "Class" and take some lessons from us who sit our ass here everyday locking up holes, he is a field player.

I'm pretty sure if he was aware of what we know, and i'm sure he does half of it, but the other half, he would be the most complete Skarlet player ever, because he is there to be the best Skarlet in the world.

Kombat Huston are very talented.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
FCP/EMP SCAR never let me down while using the blood queen, he uses everything she has, from the consistent to inconsistent stuff, he plays fast, he reads fast, he anticipates fast, he knows what he is doing. He switchs from rushdown to footsies, to rushdown to zoning.

And the funny shit is that he hardly comes to the "Class" and take some lessons from us who sit our ass here everyday locking up holes, he is a field player.

I'm pretty sure if he was aware of what we know, and i'm sure he does half of it, but the other half, he would be the most complete Skarlet player ever, because he is there to be the best Skarlet in the world.

Kombat Huston are very talented.
I plan on surpassing him soon!!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I just posted the last video for m2dave guys.
Skarlet looks good against zoners.

No I'm serious. My skarlet is probably the best now honestly. I just need to get to a tournament!!!
Fuck off ! I see you coming with your skarlet kommunauty donations ! (jking ^^)

No I'm serious. My skarlet is probably the best now honestly. I just need to get to a tournament!!!
LBSH i never once said that i was the best skarlet, the title was given to me by the community, 4 my reputation and consistency with her, just like dizzy never said he was the best cage but the titles given to us was earned through show n prove...But i am flattered, i encourage all my skarlet brethren to continue leveling up, finding tech, and taking her to new heights, even tho i dont post much, i always keep an eye on what u guys are bringing to the table with her and it shows through my play. So keep up the good work guys ;)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
LBSH i never once said that i was the best skarlet, the title was given to me by the community, 4 my reputation and consistency with her, just like dizzy never said he was the best cage but the titles given to us was earned through show n prove...But i am flattered, i encourage all my skarlet brethren to continue leveling up, finding tech, and taking her to new heights, even tho i dont post much, i always keep an eye on what u guys are bringing to the table with her and it shows through my play. So keep up the good work guys ;)
Absolutely. I'm just causing drama.

I realize I can't prove anything without going to tournaments and showing it. You have shown it time and time again.

Fuck off ! I see you coming with your skarlet kommunauty donations ! (jking ^^)
I'll always pay my way. I'll never ask for money. Lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I just posted the last video for m2dave guys.
Skarlet looks good against zoners.
Scar plays very wild and uses a lot of gimmicks. Slide and overhead slash is not a mix up. People will eventually learn how to block the overhead slash on reaction every time. People will also learn how to punish the overhead slash as well as the up slash.

Skarlet is top 5 with meter. But without, she is not much better than some of the mediocre characters in the game. If you can zone and prevent her from building meter, she is very limited.

ryublaze

Noob
I wish I could go to offline tourneys :(

but I can't argue about Scar being the best and most successful offline Skarlet, because he is and he's proven that in every tourney he's been to and he's I believe the 1st to win a tourney with Skarlet (correct me if I'm wrong). Let's also not count out other Skarlets who represented her at past tourneys (CD, Ninj, Eddy, Fly, etc.) I still think 90% of the community are unfamiliar with the matchup because you would have to face a good Skarlet on a daily or weekly basis to be able to fight against her well.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I wish I could go to offline tourneys :(

but I can't argue about Scar being the best and most successful offline Skarlet, because he is and he's proven that in every tourney he's been to and he's I believe the 1st to win a tourney with Skarlet (correct me if I'm wrong). Let's also not count out other Skarlets who represented her at past tourneys (CD, Ninj, Eddy, Fly, etc.) I still think 90% of the community are unfamiliar with the matchup because you would have to face a good Skarlet on a daily or weekly basis to be able to fight against her well.
Angola fights skarlet since February, they frequent TYM, some of them even has a secret account, and watch this sub-forum every time they come in here, i'm pretty sure they're still unfamiliar with this MU

Scar plays very wild and uses a lot of gimmicks. Slide and overhead slash is not a mix up. People will eventually learn how to block the overhead slash on reaction every time. People will also learn how to punish the overhead slash as well as the up slash.

Skarlet is top 5 with meter. But without, she is not much better than some of the mediocre characters in the game. If you can zone and prevent her from building meter, she is very limited.
lol to someone who doesnt know nothing about skarlet except a slide and overhead it might seem like im playing wild but in reality dave everything i do is coordinated and intended to open up my opponent, skarlet is designed to be played wild upclose, she is designed to give u no breathing room what so ever once she gets in, which is why freddy (like kenshi) will get raped once she gets in..u fool skarlet users arent just based on looking 4 an overhead slash or upslash, quit trying to water us down....its much more to that, i hope a skarlet user goes to NEC and gives u the bizness

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I agree with this. Her ability to build meter is fantastic though and isnt easily taken away so therefore it shouldnt be overlooked. she probably beats kenshi and even though freddy is the better zoner, his hitbox lets her stay in and build that bar of meter back that she spent getting in.

This is MU I need much more exp in.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Gentlemen, I pretty sure some of You has the opportunity to play against Cyrax...
I am havin' a hard time dealin' with the bombs all over the floor. I tried to punish it on reaction with dash/upslash, tried to go with ex dash upslash, but he can still block. This is really unconformable situation. The only thing that i've been able to punish is his net. But am not havin a foolish Cyrax around. Trying to jump is suicide...
I've been going for dash slide but he is able to block, and even if he takes it its only 8% and he gets a knockdown. This trade seems stupid.
I've been able to dash in and instead of doing slide or up slash I go with pressure but that is very risky of gettin a net.
I havent seen any Skarlet/Cyrax fights so I was wondering how you guys are getting through....

AssassiN

Noob
Gentlemen, I pretty sure some of You has the opportunity to play against Cyrax...
I am havin' a hard time dealin' with the bombs all over the floor. I tried to punish it on reaction with dash/upslash, tried to go with ex dash upslash, but he can still block. This is really unconformable situation. The only thing that i've been able to punish is his net. But am not havin a foolish Cyrax around. Trying to jump is suicide...
I've been going for dash slide but he is able to block, and even if he takes it its only 8% and he gets a knockdown. This trade seems stupid.
I've been able to dash in and instead of doing slide or up slash I go with pressure but that is very risky of gettin a net.
I havent seen any Skarlet/Cyrax fights so I was wondering how you guys are getting through....
If Cyrax is busy throwing bombs, you should be busy throwing daggers.
If you see that door opening and you input a dash into upslash, you'll always be late if it's a bomb. Only works with a net.

If Cyrax throws bombs, you are free to more around and wait for that net to EX dash through.
You just gotta wait for it, after a while the Cyrax player will realize he won't get you like that and will start coming to you.
Just keep throwing those daggers to build meter and play the footsie game with him.

If you're out of meter and Cyrax throws a net, you can always teleport to get around it and punish it.
The problem is you're trying to get in on Cyrax while Cyrax has to be the one trying to get in on you.
He has a hitbox between mid and high, meaning that the first hit of F2121+2 whiffs but the 2nd doesn't on neutral crouch and crouch block.
Skarlet's 2 hits him crouch blocking as well(Skarlet's 2 whiffs on anyone who is neutral crouching), something to use against him as well.

Cyrax has to be right next to Skarlet in order to have 1 or 2 hit her, if you predict a 1 or 2 coming from the cyrax player a little backdash into F4 will punish it and give you pressure or space again.

There was a match recorded of me vs a Cyrax player months ago but the footage was never uploaded, guy said it he would upload it this month. I'll ask.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Time your his bombs with slide and play anti-wakeup game from there, when he decides to switch from net you can punish on read with jiP to full combo.
Its not that hard