What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Matchup Discussion Thread

ryublaze

Noob
I played about 50 matches against cage (offline) yesterday...and got WRECKED! I mean I won like 6. Haha granted I'm new to skarlet and at times I forgot punishes and dropped tons of combos but what say you community, about this mu?

#IamMuffinMuggers
Cage has a really hard time getting in on Skarlet IMO if you are on point with your daggers. What I do is rapid fire ground daggers, and mix it up with 2nd dagger which can hit him if he dash+d3 in between daggers, and throw in some iaD to counter jumps. F4,3 when he gets close, but I believe he can punish it on whiff with shadow kick. If he ever throws a force ball, be ready to EX Red Dash through it and punish. End your combos with F4,3. I rarely use slides cuz that's just free pressure for Cage on block and if you try to armor after it, he can F3 and still block in time. Instead I usually do empty Red Dashes and make use of her throw. Throw sends him midscreen and can get you the lifelead. If you're getting close to the corner, throw reverses positions.

Idk if this video will help and it's online and really old, but this is how I fight Cage:

He probably didn't know the matchup so it's probably worse than that.

I don't get that reference.
Muffin muggers is a thrice banned putz who claimed all the reptile tech in existence and says he'd top 8 any major...if he ever attended haha. He created multiple accounts to back.himself up. Check.out pigs thread too.
#IamMuffinMuggers

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Also, Throws are your friend to catch his ex nutpunch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Muffin muggers is a thrice banned putz who claimed all the reptile tech in existence and says he'd top 8 any major...if he ever attended haha. He created multiple accounts to back.himself up. Check.out pigs thread too.
#IamMuffinMuggers
#MisterMileenasSig

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I'd like to add an extra tip - if You sense ex shadow kick coming - try to d3 on reed. Cage will pass by without touching You.