What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Matchup Discussion Thread

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Eddy, startup on ex dagger is 19 frames. So if f2121+2 has 25 cancel advantage and startup on EDC is 19 frames, the difference is 6 if canceled instantly. Just FYI.

And Mosp, your point on his being safe and hers not is a good one. But the end does it matter? With the right reads she takes 50%+ and kenshi gets 12% because it is safe, kenshi might spend it carelessly giving skarlet more combo potential. I use her armor launchers more for countering his armor, and for eh red dash into crossovers or pressure.

His hitbox makes it bad...pure and simple

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy, startup on ex dagger is 19 frames. So if f2121+2 has 25 cancel advantage and startup on EDC is 19 frames, the difference is 6 if canceled instantly. Just FYI.

And Mosp, your point on his being safe and hers not is a good one. But the end does it matter? With the right reads she takes 50%+ and kenshi gets 12% because it is safe, kenshi might spend it carelessly giving skarlet more combo potential. I use her armor launchers more for countering his armor, and for eh red dash into crossovers or pressure.

His hitbox makes it bad...pure and simple
Really forgot about that one, lol, thanks for the reminder ;)

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
If I screw up my F2121+2 input and only F121 comes out on hit, I like to do that across red dash into a cross-up.
Works very good.
You mean when f212 hits, that you dash and cross under right? I love that shit too. I do f212 red dash under them, then red dash accross them again when they are on the ground, then cross over jump punch, its total mind fuckery... obviously can't use it all the time but I've used it against my toughest opponents with some success. Its silly fun and looks awesome. Its like the ghetto reset I used to do with Jade where I would use 34 shadow kick, which whiffs but crosses to the other side of them, then you can regular dash accross them when they are on the ground or use u3 to cross them again. These aren't game changing damaging options, but they are fun and can work when the momentum is in your favor.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You mean when f212 hits, that you dash and cross under right? I love that shit too. I do f212 red dash under them, then red dash accross them again when they are on the ground, then cross over jump punch, its total mind fuckery... obviously can't use it all the time but I've used it against my toughest opponents with some success. Its silly fun and looks awesome. Its like the ghetto reset I used to do with Jade where I would use 34 shadow kick, which whiffs but crosses to the other side of them, then you can regular dash accross them when they are on the ground or use u3 to cross them again. These aren't game changing damaging options, but they are fun and can work when the momentum is in your favor.
Reverse input techs are always good if you what you can deal with afterwards.

I actually like to reverse my opponent's inputs when they're so desperate to get the fuck out of her pressure, there is a lot of ways to do it, and you can even pretend you're going for one and OTG them for more pressure or F4 punish while they're wrongly input wakeup attacks in reverse positions lol

ryublaze

Noob
Biggest damage reset you've got ?
Umm should be the same as any other down slash bnb. I think either of these work:
2, 1, red dash, up slash, dash, u3, air dagger, 2, red dash, down slash, dash, 1, 1, 2
2, 1, red dash, up slash, f4, red dash, down slash, 2, red dash, down slash, dash, 1, 1, 2

SaJa

FH_FenriR
2, 1, red dash, up slash, b2, red dash, down slash, f4, red dash, down slash, dash, 1, 1, 2 then.

I played about 50 matches against cage (offline) yesterday...and got WRECKED! I mean I won like 6. Haha granted I'm new to skarlet and at times I forgot punishes and dropped tons of combos but what say you community, about this mu?

#IamMuffinMuggers

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I played about 50 matches against cage (offline) yesterday...and got WRECKED! I mean I won like 6. Haha granted I'm new to skarlet and at times I forgot punishes and dropped tons of combos but what say you community, about this mu?

#IamMuffinMuggers
It's a pressure fight. Your ability to keep Cage out with F4,3 and iaBD's is going to make or break this mu. You also need to be able to armor out of pressure and successfully crossover Cage or successfully hit with a Up/Downslash after you armor out. I went 50/50 with Dizzy in casuals at Raleigh, and that's also what I would say this mu is - 5-5. iaDD's don't have as much impact on this fight because Cage can dash block in and either punish you from the air or be right next to you for pressure.

Every punish opportunity is critical for both sides, but moreso for Skarlet. They both have answers for eachother.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Its like Ninj said. Ive noticed that after couple fights. Its really simple. You got meter you can perform an offense and the fact yougot meter will have mental pressure on cage - its like pressuring KL withhis 6f spin. You dont have meter you maintain space, play footsie game.The f43 string is crusial. i like to throw dagger then fast rd into slide - smart cage will block and might try to punish then You armor through and DS into combo ending with 112 if youhave the meter or f43 to sendhim away and rebuild meter with daggers.

AssassiN

Noob

#IamMuffinMuggers
This MU is 6-4 Cage in my opinion.
Ninj kinda broke down the MU, but it's not that easy to cross-over Cage.
His B3 is too damn good for that.

You have to keep Cage away from you, throwing daggers to build meter, use F43 and armor through his strings using up-slash.
The reason you have to keep Cage away is because his strings are way faster and better up-close.
You have to bait out pokes and use F43 to create some distance.
If you really know your spacing, you can whiff-punish D1 or D3 attempts with F4 via reading.

After a blocked Slide, you may try armoring through but Cage gets a free F3 check. Up-slash gets blocked in time and punished, slide might work but it's not really worth it unless you really want him to back the fuck off.

Being too dependent on instant air daggers can easily be read, baited out and heavily punished by Cage.
I'd limit the use of block-strings to strings that create distance.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This MU is 6-4 Cage in my opinion.
Ninj kinda broke down the MU, but it's not that easy to cross-over Cage.
His B3 is too damn good for that.

You have to keep Cage away from you, throwing daggers to build meter, use F43 and armor through his strings using up-slash.
The reason you have to keep Cage away is because his strings are way faster and better up-close.
You have to bait out pokes and use F43 to create some distance.
If you really know your spacing, you can whiff-punish D1 or D3 attempts with F4 via reading.

After a blocked Slide, you may try armoring through but Cage gets a free F3 check. Up-slash gets blocked in time and punished, slide might work but it's not really worth it unless you really want him to back the fuck off.

Being too dependent on instant air daggers can easily be read, baited out and heavily punished by Cage.
I'd limit the use of block-strings to strings that create distance.
So essentially whiffpunish the fuck out of him.

AssassiN

Noob
So essentially whiffpunish the fuck out of him.
Essentially, yes.

None of his few unsafe normals can be punished on block, only on whiff(like B3).
MU is won by footsies, daggers and whiffpunishing.
Cage wins the pressure game, it's up to you to win at everything else.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

#IamMuffinMuggers
Treadmill, Ninj and Assassin already broke down the MU. I will only advice a bit of extra, i know you're still new to skarlet and you may find some MU incredibly dificult i understand that ^^

To be able to deal with this MU your Skarlet needs to have some stuff on point:

Anti-Air : DO NOT forgive Jump ins, Punish hard for reset or F43 to send them full screen
Zoning: You need to be able to fire daggers with skill, and more so iaD to bait jump ins or Shadow Kicks, keep him away as much as you can.
Foostie: Mind your spacing its really important in this MU to Whiff Punish Cage's strings on whiff on the very 1st oportunity you got it

Stay Away From Rushdown on this MU, its all about Firing Daggers F43 AA and good Spacing, If you can do all these 3 pretty well, your armor will only be for Breakers and Escaping pressure with Slide and get back at the Zoning.
Cage can't move away once he is on air, so learning to AA with daggers might be a very good idea.

Do that and to cage you're Muffing Muggers

Thanks guys I didn't utilize f4 nearly enough. He kept aa my crossups, I mean like all of them. Also he was closing really well and jabbing me out of air daggers, that's on me though. And as I said I dropped 85% of my combos. Can't tell you how many times I ended combos with 11 us as I tried to input 112 red dash to fast and got lit up for it haha

#IamMuffinMuggers