What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Match-Up Chart

5-5 is even :p

and I can't play offline against anybody, let alone a top reptile in particular. If you have access to a top reptile, please post videos of your fights.
im at work right now but there are plenty of videos of me and showtime floating around on youtube skarlet vs reptile, even tho i have tons of knowledge in the matchup and win majority wise i see reptiles potential to make the match even... Type in kombathouston on youtube n look 4 me and shows fights.

at this point in the game and as little as this character is actually played, the only reptile i'll ever play again is clint or Tyler...and I havnt played either of them since Raleigh. Your not going to see any new skarlets at tournaments most likely.

Oh yeah, I just remembered...Your boy Showtime is the one who told me it was 7-3 skarlets favor...and he said this from playing you so you guys need to get your story straight. He was the reason Sonya and Reptile MU were the way they were.
fly how do i need to get my story straight this is the first time ive gave my opinion of the matchup and what u got was showtimes opinion, now i just text him a lil while ago and he agrees its 5-5 skarlets favor, thats the point im tryna get through to u guys u guys rarely get the opportunity to fight a top reptile aside from online which really proves nothing...i fight one almost every week and have so in multiple tournaments...so im not just in here saying 5-5 with nothing to back it up, like i said yall say its 6-4 get out here and prove its 6-4, im not saying this isnt in skarlets favor but im saying reptile is right there wit her putting up a damn good fight.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, I don't even think Skarlet comes close to beating Reptile at all anymore. Reptile has a bunch of shit to deal with Skarlet...a lot of her tools vs him are good, but they're not the WoMDs we thought they were.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This sounds like Mileena reptile all over again
What if I told you Skarlet's teleport is potentially punishable on hit by Reptile?

Also, iaCD and u3 are good for anti-dash, but she isn't always gonna be able to use u3 and still have a decent amount of time to BD his projectiles.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
fly how do i need to get my story straight this is the first time ive gave my opinion of the matchup and what u got was showtimes opinion, now i just text him a lil while ago and he agrees its 5-5 skarlets favor, thats the point im tryna get through to u guys u guys rarely get the opportunity to fight a top reptile aside from online which really proves nothing...i fight one almost every week and have so in multiple tournaments...so im not just in here saying 5-5 with nothing to back it up, like i said yall say its 6-4 get out here and prove its 6-4, im not saying this isnt in skarlets favor but im saying reptile is right there wit her putting up a damn good fight.
I said you GUYS. Not just you. I'm happy to Change it but I was hearing contrasting things. I just want it to be accurate.

I said you GUYS. Not just you. I'm happy to Change it but I was hearing contrasting things. I just want it to be accurate.
yea and when u say "u guys" ur talking about both me and show, and i was letting u know that i never gave my opinion until now so there could be no mixup when only he gave u his opinion and his alone...but like i said we both say 5/5 so there should be no confusion

ryublaze

Noob
huh...thats funny, you were here? lol i didnt even know. did u hit up slips?

And yea im still here man...always will be, lol
Yea I tried to contact slips but he said he hasn't been playing MK9. I was playing with piemaster/drklledbydeth.

Israel

Noob
Yea I tried to contact slips but he said he hasn't been playing MK9. I was playing with piemaster/drklledbydeth.
Yea honestly none of us has been played Mk9 ever since tt2.
But i got reptile embedded in my brain so i dont need to play to be at the same level i was at when i stopped.
But if someones doing a hook up ill gladly show

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
No... get out.
No need to be rude Mr. Fly;) but you asked for my opinion me with a tag, cheers. I'll still go 5-5 Ermac vs. Skarlet with him having slight edge.

Wonder what Sektor's match up is, he seems to fair well against her.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
No need to be rude Mr. Fly;) but you asked for my opinion me with a tag, cheers. I'll still go 5-5 Ermac vs. Skarlet with him having slight edge.

Wonder what Sektor's match up is, he seems to fair well against her.
Dead even dude, no advantage here.
Besides, he gets stuck on blockstrings all day, he can't armor out of it.

MKF30

Dead even dude, no advantage here.
Besides, he gets stuck on blockstrings all day, he can't armor out of it.
You mean Ermac and Skarlet? I guess I can see that, I mean the only good Skarlet's I've played from here or xbox was Skarlet Goddess and Wonder something or other. And I think Shujinky Dink like once or twice. Skarlet Goddess's gave me a run I'll admit from what I remember she had the dash cancels down, but if Ermac can keep her far she can't do much to him. Or was your ladder point regarding Sektor?

I give props to people who use her though, she's got such an odd style.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You mean Ermac and Skarlet? I guess I can see that, I mean the only good Skarlet's I've played from xbox was Skarlet Goddess and Wonder something or other. Skarlet Goddess's gave me a run I'll admit, but if Ermac can keep her far she can't do much to him. Or was your ladder point regarding Sektor?
Online doesn't shows any character true potential.
I mean ermac, skarlet may find dificult play footsies here, because tkp affects her range, so spacing out or zoning is mostly out of question, but he still opened for blockstrings, even the ones with 2f gaps. So their MU is 5-5 even, no slight advantage to anyone.

Sekter doesn't have armor, so he gets on the same dramatical situation, his 6f jab is short, getting in gets a bit difficult to him.

MKF30

Online doesn't shows any character true potential.
I mean ermac, skarlet may find dificult play footsies here, because tkp affects her range, so spacing out or zoning is mostly out of question, but he still opened for blockstrings, even the ones with 2f gaps. So their MU is 5-5 even, no slight advantage to anyone.

Sekter doesn't have armor, so he gets on the same dramatical situation, his 6f jab is short, getting in gets a bit difficult to him.
Well I said overall initially I think it's more or less an even match up 5-5 or 6-4 Ermac, but probably go more 5-5. You're right online obviously there's other variables, but you can get an idea at least somewhat. Yeah, Ermac has no armor either unfortunately. Sektor's ex teleport is great though. His flame thrower is also great at making people think twice before charging him.

One thing I've noticed over time(no doubt due to online) offline it's easier, is her teleport to punish. I remember playing one guy all he was doing was her teleports but he was safe, then I played someone with better connection and I was able to counter. Offline I'm sure it's guaranteed if you read it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Well I said overall initially I think it's more or less an even match up 5-5 or 6-4 Ermac, but probably go more 5-5. You're right online obviously there's other variables, but you can get an idea at least somewhat. Yeah, Ermac has no armor either unfortunately. Sektor's ex teleport is great though. His flame thrower is also great at making people think twice before charging him.

One thing I've noticed over time(no doubt due to online) offline it's easier, is her teleport to punish. I remember playing one guy all he was doing was her teleports but he was safe, then I played someone with better connection and I was able to counter. Offline I'm sure it's guaranteed if you read it.
Yeah, she is at -13 on block, characters with 10f to 6f strings will punish easy.

Skarlet finds dificulty to space well against ermac, that is the only problem. Don't forget that Skarlet armor is also a factor, well place will blow up hard, but she reads wrong she can also get blown up out of her armor

MKF30

Yeah, she is at -13 on block, characters with 10f to 6f strings will punish easy.

Skarlet finds dificulty to space well against ermac, that is the only problem. Don't forget that Skarlet armor is also a factor, well place will blow up hard, but she reads wrong she can also get blown up out of her armor
Yeah, that's what SkarletGoddess was doing lol. Using her armor dashes, that was annoying to deal with so I kept an eye on her meter more then I usually do and noticed when she had none she struggled a lot more without that ex armor.

Do Skarlet players ever use her blood move? lol I almost never see it used online or offline for that matter. I take it she's your main eh?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah, that's what SkarletGoddess was doing lol. Using her armor dashes, that was annoying to deal with so I kept an eye on her meter more then I usually do and noticed when she had none she struggled a lot more without that ex armor.

Do Skarlet players ever use her blood move? lol I almost never see it used online or offline for that matter. I take it she's your main eh?
hardly, but if you sleep on it you will probably be hit by one or two.

But its really hard to see it, some of them prefer to use tactics that involve less risks.

About meter management, if you worry too much with her meter, they can start to condition you to fear her just by having it there.

MKF30

hardly, but if you sleep on it you will probably be hit by one or two.

But its really hard to see it, some of them prefer to use tactics that involve less risks.

About meter management, if you worry too much with her meter, they can start to condition you to fear her just by having it there.
Yeah, I hear ya. I try not to become too distracted or obsessed with the meter. I forgot, that blood move also takes health too which isn't too inviting lol especially in a tight match. If they would have made that move unblockable yet still take health away that would have been interesting.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah, I hear ya. I try not to become too distracted or obsessed with the meter. I forgot, that blood move also takes health too which isn't too inviting lol especially in a tight match. If they would have made that move unblockable yet still take health away that would have been interesting.
L0rdoftheFLY, tried a bloodball tech, on that time, i'm not sure what BnB we were using, but it was a gimmick that you can still do it a few times