What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Match-Up Chart

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Im sorry guys i have to take the matchup back after further reviewing my match with grolarbears i played the
Matchup so sloppy and had plenty of chances to end it, i have to say its 6-4 skarlets favor. Dropped so much stuff, but still that match would be played totally better now n days .
That mu is definitely in Skarlets favor, no doubt.

I moved Kenshi from 6-4 to 5-5.

Can someone take a look at the 7-3 section and make some suggestions? I probably need to move a couple from 7-3 to 6-4.

Other than that I think we are almost there.
could you breakdown the lao mu for me? because idk why but that mu looks very bad for skarlet, especially since every time i see skarlet vs lao, the lao player winds up winning.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
could you breakdown the lao mu for me? because idk why but that mu looks very bad for skarlet, especially since every time i see skarlet vs lao, the lao player winds up winning.
Skarlet has to play very patient against lao, she has tools to deal with almost everything he has.

-F3 can punished by anticipation of F4 or B11F4, the active frame is only in the end of the move, the easiest way to deal with F3 is NJP Reads, or simply D3 on reaction.
-Dive Kicks on Block leaves free for a regular BnB, Dive kicks can also be anticipated by U3
-Down Slash's Crouch state avoid any Laos tele and punish it, it doesn't matter if he do it too fast or too slow, there is a moment while she is on that draw stance, any tele follow up that comes faster will whiff, and if comes slow won't get out before Down Slash punish. Those same teles can be F4 punished on reaction as well
-She can Bait Spins by fake a jump in and whiff with a air dagger and full punish Lao before he recovers.
-The safe overhead Lao has, can be armor punished out of it, but he doesn't really needs to do it since he can low hat on skarlet
-She may struggles a bit with low hat on block because she doesn't have a meterless fastest punisher out of it, but a 10f standing 1~rd ex up slash will punish if the skarlet player is well trained on move between frames.
She can use B11F4~rd~slide as block string, because the spin can stop her for using it
-Up Slash and down slash on block will be punished every single time by his 7f standing 2, so skarlet should stay away from it on this MU.

Its all summed up to patience, if she doesn't lose her cool, she can deal with it.

To me, things a skarlet player should focus his training against KL is the recognize a F3, Tele, his air game of dive kicks and crossups

ryublaze

Noob
Something cool I noticed in the KL matchup is if you are doing air dagger (far) and he teleports before you do it then you will get an air dagger (close) instead and stop the teleport and depending on how high you are you can d1 dagger and convert to a combo.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Mike, i think the MU Chart looks legit to me, though sheeva can possibly be on the same place with kano, or boths are 8-2 or boths are 7-3

Skarlet has to play very patient against lao, she has tools to deal with almost everything he has.

-F3 can punished by anticipation of F4 or B11F4, the active frame is only in the end of the move, the easiest way to deal with F3 is NJP Reads, or simply D3 on reaction.
-Dive Kicks on Block leaves free for a regular BnB, Dive kicks can also be anticipated by U3
-Down Slash's Crouch state avoid any Laos tele and punish it, it doesn't matter if he do it too fast or too slow, there is a moment while she is on that draw stance, any tele follow up that comes faster will whiff, and if comes slow won't get out before Down Slash punish. Those same teles can be F4 punished on reaction as well
-She can Bait Spins by fake a jump in and whiff with a air dagger and full punish Lao before he recovers.
-The safe overhead Lao has, can be armor punished out of it, but he doesn't really needs to do it since he can low hat on skarlet
-She may struggles a bit with low hat on block because she doesn't have a meterless fastest punisher out of it, but a 10f standing 1~rd ex up slash will punish if the skarlet player is well trained on move between frames.
She can use B11F4~rd~slide as block string, because the spin can stop her for using it
-Up Slash and down slash on block will be punished every single time by his 7f standing 2, so skarlet should stay away from it on this MU.

Its all summed up to patience, if she doesn't lose her cool, she can deal with it.

To me, things a skarlet player should focus his training against KL is the recognize a F3, Tele, his air game of dive kicks and crossups
nice breakdown of the mu, I really had no clue what skarlet needed to do haha thanks.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
nice breakdown of the mu, I really had no clue what skarlet needed to do haha thanks.
no prob, i noticed that F3 becomes a tool of desperation if you manage to handle anything he can use with punishes. If KL can't teleport, can't throw hats, can't spin, can't jump or dive kick due U3 anticipation or Air Dagger anticipation, and he needs to start his pressure, his best way to get in is F3~low hat.

no prob, i noticed that F3 becomes a tool of desperation if you manage to handle anything he can use with punishes. If KL can't teleport, can't throw hats, can't spin, can't jump or dive kick due U3 anticipation or Air Dagger anticipation, and he needs to start his pressure, his best way to get in is F3~low hat.
I've been trying to pick her up, but I'm always missing something. I just need to study her frame data a lil and practice some more to get more comfortable with her.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I've been trying to pick her up, but I'm always missing something. I just need to study her frame data a lil and practice some more to get more comfortable with her.
She will cost you a lots of time brother, frame data is really crucial, and practicing to not drop on matches too, but i'm sure you can handle it

She will cost you a lots of time brother, frame data is really crucial, and practicing to not drop on matches too, but i'm sure you can handle it
heck if i can get just decent with her I'll be happy haha. I'll def hit the lab to work on her combos and train with my brother, she won't be rdy for dallas but I could def use her in another future tournament.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
heck if i can get just decent with her I'll be happy haha. I'll def hit the lab to work on her combos and train with my brother, she won't be rdy for dallas but I could def use her in another future tournament.
God speed brother, you have a good chance of having a very skillful skarlet, also because your brother and yourself plays a lot of chars, this will be a factor as well.

God speed brother, you have a good chance of having a very skillful skarlet, also because your brother and yourself plays a lot of chars, this will be a factor as well.
definitely, i'll be able to get alot of mu experience, especially vs mus like rax and lao which trouble me alot with her.

AssassiN

Noob
definitely, i'll be able to get alot of mu experience, especially vs mus like rax and lao which trouble me alot with her.
Don't have any problems against Cyrax with her, that's the reason why I think this is in her favor.
Kung Lao gives me some problems but that's because of my general playstyle.

Glad to see another person picking up Skarlet, trying to main her or just figure out how she works for MU?
Just wanna see more Skarlet's at Dallas :D.

Don't have any problems against Cyrax with her, that's the reason why I think this is in her favor.
Kung Lao gives me some problems but that's because of my general playstyle.

Glad to see another person picking up Skarlet, trying to main her or just figure out how she works for MU?
Just wanna see more Skarlet's at Dallas :D.
trust me, if you fight a rax like maxter or denzell or krayzie, you'll find that mu to be stupid annoying. She'll just be added to my bag of chars lol.

I would have to side with MIT when it comes to the reptile matchup, this match at the most is 5-5 can go either way, reptile can hold his own in the matchup, sure skarlet can jam his dash at times, but sometimes depending on the distance her dagger will get blown up on wakeup dash, also she cant trade with fb, reptiles upclose pressure and mixup is exceptionally good with invisible shenanigans mid string to mixup the opponent...depending on how well the opponent using reptile knows the matchup n when n how to get out of her pressure how to bait armor, its winnable...

I would have to side with MIT when it comes to the reptile matchup, this match at the most is 5-5 can go either way, reptile can hold his own in the matchup, sure skarlet can jam his dash at times, but sometimes depending on the distance her dagger will get blown up on wakeup dash, also she cant trade with fb, reptiles upclose pressure and mixup is exceptionally good with invisible shenanigans mid string to mixup the opponent...depending on how well the opponent using reptile knows the matchup n when n how to get out of her pressure how to bait armor, its winnable...
pretty much it, I was only complaining bcuz i saw ppl put it as 7 3 and reptile has NO 7 3s, he's too balanced and all around for that. I'd like to run that match with you some at dallas for sure.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
yea reptile doesnt not get wakeup invincibility on dash. And yes skarlet can trade with forceball. as soon as reptile goes for forceball, you can teleport for free. plus if your dagger pressure is consistent he cant get one off.

if he tries to trade by ducking one dagger then spitting, she can use the second dagger delayed to lower her hitbox. When the second dagger comes out the acid spit will wiff.

her zoning alone is enough to make it 6-4...invisibility mixups is no different than stagger strings. its a gimmick. (like Tyler Lanterns ghetto reset).

It may not be 7-3, but Reptile does lose this MU.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Reptile again...it's at least 6-4 definitely. The facts show the majority of Reptile's tools/pressure being beaten by tools/pressure Skarlet has. Don't go all Romney and say it'll work regardless of what the math says. I'm pretty sure I already broke this matchup down in terms of tool vs tool / pressure vs pressure / damage vs damage, and Skarlet wins on all counts. Just because you feel it's 5-5 doesn't make it so in the theory-fighting/matchup chart arena. Wanna prove it? Go find a Skarlet who knows the Reptile matchup cold and show us how he beats her.

Reptile again...it's at least 6-4 definitely. The facts show the majority of Reptile's tools/pressure being beaten by tools/pressure Skarlet has. Don't go all Romney and say it'll work regardless of what the math says. I'm pretty sure I already broke this matchup down in terms of tool vs tool / pressure vs pressure / damage vs damage, and Skarlet wins on all counts. Just because you feel it's 5-5 doesn't make it so in the theory-fighting/matchup chart arena. Wanna prove it? Go find a Skarlet who knows the Reptile matchup cold and show us how he beats her.
As far as im concerned facts and actual gameplay are 2 different things, u can say oh she has this and oh she can beat him out with this, but until i see more skarlet users out here actually proving this offline against top reptile users then i stand by the 5-5 skarlets favor only because her daggers play a major factor, i fight rep all the time, u guys believe its 6-4 prove it against a top reptile in a first to 10 using the tactics u speak of. We all know online n offline reptile are 2 totally different characters..

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
As far as im concerned facts and actual gameplay are 2 different things, u can say oh she has this and oh she can beat him out with this, but until i see more skarlet users out here actually proving this offline against top reptile users then i stand by the 5-5 skarlets favor only because her daggers play a major factor, i fight rep all the time, u guys believe its 6-4 prove it against a top reptile in a first to 10 using the tactics u speak of. We all know online n offline reptile are 2 totally different characters..
5-5 is even :p

and I can't play offline against anybody, let alone a top reptile in particular. If you have access to a top reptile, please post videos of your fights.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
at this point in the game and as little as this character is actually played, the only reptile i'll ever play again is clint or Tyler...and I havnt played either of them since Raleigh. Your not going to see any new skarlets at tournaments most likely.

Oh yeah, I just remembered...Your boy Showtime is the one who told me it was 7-3 skarlets favor...and he said this from playing you so you guys need to get your story straight. He was the reason Sonya and Reptile MU were the way they were.