What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Match-Up Chart

M2Dave

Zoning Master
True matchup chart for characters that matter.

Kabal- 5-5
Sonya 5-5 ( play showtimes sonya and youll see why)
Freddy 6-4
Noob 5-5
Cage 5-5
Jax 6-4
Kitana 5-5
Mileena 6-4
Kung Lao 4-6
Kenshi 6-4
Skarlet goes even with Kabal? I doubt even FLY and Ninj believe that.

You also say she beats Freddy and Kenshi 6:4? You are a fool.

Skarlet goes even with Kabal? I doubt even FLY and Ninj believe that.

You also say she beats Freddy and Kenshi 6:4? You are a fool.
You fool do u forget i play a top kabal all the time? I know the matchup like the back of my hand and i and cat will both tell u its 5-5, fly and ninj would say otherwise because they lack the amount of experience i have in the matchup i dare a kabal to go up against me offline they would get blew the fk up...cat destroyed skarlet players at the last mlg for the fact that he plays mine so much, ive also played pigs kenshi , kenshi is doomed because of his large hitbox 5-5 at the most, and definately a freddy of ur caliber will get bodied making the matchup look like a 7-3 instead of a 6-4

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You fool do u forget i play a top kabal all the time? I know the matchup like the back of my hand and i and cat will both tell u its 5-5, fly and ninj would say otherwise because they lack the amount of experience i have in the matchup i dare a kabal to go up against me offline they would get blew the fk up...cat destroyed skarlet players at the last mlg for the fact that he plays mine so much, ive also played pigs kenshi , kenshi is doomed because of his large hitbox 5-5 at the most, and definately a freddy of ur caliber will get bodied making the matchup look like a 7-3 instead of a 6-4
Pig likes funny scar

Pig have good laugh in belly

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
....Cat's a top Kabal...?

*runs away*

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
True matchup chart for characters that matter.

Kabal- 5-5
Sonya 5-5 ( play showtimes sonya and youll see why)
Freddy 6-4
Noob 5-5
Cage 5-5
Jax 6-4
Kitana 5-5
Mileena 6-4
Kung Lao 4-6
Kenshi 6-4

Thank God...I was waiting for you to participate.

kabal I can see being 5-5 but I have next to zero MU exp. in Atl Im the only kabal. And i'm also the skarlet player so I dont get the chance to play myself much.

Sonya, I played Showtimes at MLG and so did Ninj. Between playing me, Ninj, and you I heard SHowtime himself say it could be 6-4 skarlets favor but I'm open for conversation.

Freddy is a toss up. Like Kabal i have about 5 matches of experience. When I played Dave at MLG I literally never played a freddy before. I see how it can be skarlets favor but I also see where she struggles. Again its up to yo guys to settle this at MLG.

Noob I have to disagree with. Her damage compared to his is obviously her favor. His projectiles are so slow that she can armor through them and do a full f4 start up combo. it cant be even...that and he has a large hitbox. 6-4 skarlet favor.

Cage 5-5...no problem with that.

Jax 6-4 agree

Kitana 5-5 agree

Mileena 6-4 agree

Lao 4-6. I dont know. Punishing teleport with f4 upslash is so easy and nor to mentionher zoning is better than his. it could be 4-6 but i'm inclined to say 5-5.

Kenshi 6-4. With more kenshi exp than anyone I can very much see this. Her armor outlasts his and with his large hibbox, escaping her pressure and strings can be difficult. Could be 5-5 but it wouldn't surprise me if it was her advantage

AssassiN

Noob
Cage: 5-5
Kitana: 5-5
Kung Lao: 5-5

That's my opinion out of that list, I have a little bit of experience against those characters but not enough to give MU numbers.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Okay guys, if want to discuss this, keep it productive and respectful, no name callings, no flaming, no Nude pics, have a healthy discussion without tearing each others apart pls.

This is just an advice, and i expect it to not be ignored, i'm telling this because we've been this path manny times and never ended pretty.

First i read this and I was like

But then I read this and was like
to truely see where im coming from pig u would have to be a skarlet user which u are not, during my course of playing this game ive come across a few top noob users, even have a great noob player in my clan, u guys forget that when i talk about these matchups im talking about these characters being played at the highest level, not by some random scrub, dont judge a book by its cover anythings possible, people doubted the sub vs lao matchup and look at the damage terry did to pl...im not gonna sit her and say skarlet dominatsd noob because i for one dont believe its true.

Pig Of The Hut

to truely see where im coming from pig u would have to be a skarlet user which u are not, during my course of playing this game ive come across a few top noob users, even have a great noob player in my clan, u guys forget that when i talk about these matchups im talking about these characters being played at the highest level, not by some random scrub, dont judge a book by its cover anythings possible, people doubted the sub vs lao matchup and look at the damage terry did to pl...im not gonna sit her and say skarlet dominatsd noob because i for one dont believe its true.
How has your skarlet done against Top Kenshis and who are these Kenshis???

Beating Cat's kenshi or Shanxter or Blind Man is a little different than me

I feel I did really well against Kabal, Skarlet Jax and Freddy though ive told EVERYONE you're easily the best/hardest skarlet there is and your Kabal will be close behind

How has your skarlet done against Top Kenshis and who are these Kenshis???

Beating Cat's kenshi or Shanxter or Blind Man is a little different than me

I feel I did really well against Kabal, Skarlet Jax and Freddy though ive told EVERYONE you're easily the best/hardest skarlet there is and your Kabal will be close behind
There is only one kenshi which is u pig, all others are mediocre, no one seems to have crack the level u have with him so why i say its 5-5 at the most it can go either way

Pig Of The Hut

There is only one kenshi which is u pig, all others are mediocre, no one seems to have crack the level u have with him so why i say its 5-5 at the most it can go either way

<3 I'm down w 5-5

On another note I really wanna know why NooB is only 5-5

Im sorry guys i have to take the matchup back after further reviewing my match with grolarbears i played the
Matchup so sloppy and had plenty of chances to end it, i have to say its 6-4 skarlets favor. Dropped so much stuff, but still that match would be played totally better now n days .

Reactions: Tan

Owerbart

I miss you
I could see Scarlet going even with Ermac, but by no ways she has any sort of advantage. And maxrange TKP just will not get punished. Not to mention that Any mistake by skarlet means 40%+ punish.

I guess the key of this MU is both chars capitalizing their meters.

Also, haven't seen any kind of discussion regarding Cage. I really think he outpressures her, although my only source is some matches between tylerlantern and Lord of the Fly. Any thoughts?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I could see Scarlet going even with Ermac, but by no ways she has any sort of advantage. And maxrange TKP just will not get punished. Not to mention that Any mistake by skarlet means 40%+ punish.

I guess the key of this MU is both chars capitalizing their meters.

Also, haven't seen any kind of discussion regarding Cage. I really think he outpressures her, although my only source is some matches between tylerlantern and Lord of the Fly. Any thoughts?
Skarlet vs Ermac is 5-5
If ermac had armor it would be 6-4 his favor, but since he can't escape frame traps his best bet would be staying out of Skarlet pressure as much as possible.

Cage doesn't outpressures Skarlet, she can escape frame traps.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Any mistake vs Skarlet is 39% reset + pressure or 45%. Just saying.

Maxrange TKP won't get punished doesn't mean Skarlet can't go in. Empty ex-red dash into 1, 1, pressure seems legit against any zoners. Also, ex-dagger cancel into normal red dash is great against Ermac zoning.
I guess this matchup depends of the stage. On the pitt, it is 6-4 for Skarlet.

About Sonya, imo it is 6-4 in the blond girl favor. Sonya is safe, Skarlet isn't if you really want to use 100% of what she can do.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
For what it's worth, the only Cage player I've played offline that could beat me more than 50% of the time was Dizzy. I wasn't able to play Tom Brady's Cage, but I played a few others at Raleigh.

I mean it's all about matchup experience. Can Skarlet armor out? Sure...but it's a guess to armor in the first place, and Cage can bait the EX Dash pretty well with a D3 into block during pressure. Also, his dash is fast enough that you can't always throw out down daggers and not be juggled into a nutpunch.

Cage outpressures Skarlet, hands down. His escape from her pressure is arguably better, if for no other reason than EX nutpunch leads into guaranteed jumpin. Not to mention invincibility...sorry that trumps a ~35 frame up slash.

It may be 6-4 Cage, it could also be 5-5. I'm not decided one way or another. I don't think under any circumstance could the mu be 6-4 Skarlet. Her best tool in this fight is F4,3 and Red Slide. Condition the Cage to block that and you can start nabbing free B1,1,F4 pressure or, hopefully, catch them stand-blocking with a dash into 1,1,2 or 1,1,4 (or dare I say the 5 hit string) for 20-40%+ chip damage.

Blood ball isn't terrible in this match, but still highly risky and usually not worth it.

as always, iaBD's are difficult - if you can do them, they will be helpful in out-zoning Cage...but not very.

In my opinion this mu will test your patience. F4,3 is far and away her best tool to counteract Cage. Get him into the habit of blocking you and you have a decent chance. B1,F3 might work too for some occasional hits. That's what this match is about...not typically high-hitting combos, but patience and chipping away at him, like he would gladly do to you.

ryublaze

Noob
In my opinon Skarlet vs. Cage is either a 5-5 or 6-4 Skarlet's favor. What I do in this matchup is to use daggers and keep him out as much as I can. End combos with F4,3 then go back into the zoning game. I use blood ball after F4,3 sometimes if I have lifelead or Cage has no meter. It's risky cuz he can do an EX shadow kick and you lose 7% + the damage from the kick but if he guesses wrong then you can punish the shadow kick for full combo. At long range I pretty much use ground daggers mixed in with air daggers (close and far) to keep him out, and when he gets close I use F4,3. He can jump at you to avoid the F4,3 but he's also risking getting AAed comboed back to 3/4 screen.

I don't use Red Dash a lot in this match cuz a blocked slide means you're going to be put into Cage's pressure and on hit it doesn't do much. Sometimes you can get away with empty red dashes then throw (Skarlet's throw sends them back to 1/2 to 3/4 screen). Either D3 or EX Red Dash out of Cage's pressure, and when you do EX Red Dash you have to guess whether to end with slide/up slash or an empty EX Red dash into throw. If I do EX Red Dash and I see that he's blocking then I'll throw him, but he can still make the guess to jump out or F3 you. Also if I'm getting close to the corner then I'll start doing the empty red dashes into throw to switch sides.

I might be wrong about 6-4 but I'm just going off of my experience (from online and offline).

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
RedRaptor10 but you can only zone Cage when you've knocked him down...even then, he can duck one, then trade with a force ball which of course is a losing trade for Skarlet.

We can disagree on this though. :) I like to condition cage to block low with Slides and f4,3 so I can start doing ex ds and reset. Skarlet pressure isn't bad by any stretch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
My strategy is building meter. Just run run run till I have 2 or more bars. I do this with f43, dc, f4 empty dash to throw.

Then I'll start checking with slides and use armor on his follow up. I'll try to time the slide so its late and neutral on block to check with down daggers or just armor slide.

NEVER ARMOR INTO UPSLASH OR DOWN SLASH. Unless trained properly.

She has the ability to build meter and make his life really hard. Jumping is a bad idea in this MU in general. But it's all about building that meter from the beginning.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I moved Kenshi from 6-4 to 5-5.

Can someone take a look at the 7-3 section and make some suggestions? I probably need to move a couple from 7-3 to 6-4.

Other than that I think we are almost there.