What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
I don't get what BF3 is for... is it an antiair? when should I use it?
You can use it to extend combos off 124 and 44 in the corner; the recovery is obnoxiously long so converting afterwards isn't easy. Against male hitboxes, you can 124~BF3 AMP for a little extra damage if you have the meter; I think F43~BF3 AMP also works for a little more damage than just F43~DB4 or something. It's not worthless but not great either.

Any tips for fighting kung-lao? The fucker actively triggers me every time I have to fight him. It's not even the teleport that bothers me, its his endless strings that he can delay and the fact that if you dare to jump you're basically dead. He clips you once and its 1/3 of your life gone.

How do you guys fight him? I use blood drive as my primary variation.

ElJayK

Noob
Any tips for fighting kung-lao? The fucker actively triggers me every time I have to fight him. It's not even the teleport that bothers me, its his endless strings that he can delay and the fact that if you dare to jump you're basically dead. He clips you once and its 1/3 of your life gone.

How do you guys fight him? I use blood drive as my primary variation.
Couple things I've noticed:
whenever he starts his jumping around nonsense I use dash forward and keep and eye for the down jump. If you block the down jump always use your fullest combo. Don't immediately fall back on d2. (a mistake I kept making). It's fine the first time because it gives a KB, but after that your full string is way more damage.

Lab out how to respond to his teleport with yours. If you time it right, he should be doing his grab the opposite direction of where you teleport, and you get to punish with your full string.

For combos you have to play footsie and make him scared. use your back dashes to get into position to parry when he whiffs the first attack after you dash back. Most of his strings will fall right into the parry. Once he's scared, don't use get-up attacks, use rolls immediately into parry.

Also, STAY DOWN. Hold that button and don't stand up right away. Let him whiff a string, and every time you stand up, wait a different amount of time. Keep him guessing so he can't just jail you into blocking as soon as you stand.

We Skarlets don't get a lot of quick ways to interrupt his strings. So we have to be more technical.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing

I found this set kind of interesting. With the consensus being that Skarlet has strong zoning and x characters lose against her because of the zoning (i.e. the khans, johnny etc) that here is Gunshow vs King gambler and the entire 40 minutes is played in one range and there is no zoning

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

I found this set kind of interesting. With the consensus being that Skarlet has strong zoning and x characters lose against her because of the zoning (i.e. the khans, johnny etc) that here is Gunshow vs King gambler and the entire 40 minutes is played in one range and there is no zoning
King Gamblers was definitely not interested in keeping distance, i think this was more of a research to play up close which is Skarlet weakness in general but more so with Blood Drive.

Every single time Gun Show jumped over a blood ball would actual being hit by any of these:
F2, Tentacle, bf2

Which he wasn't really doing it.

Every time Skarlet sends someone fullscreen with 44, allows her to start zoning either by canceling 44 into blood ball, or 44~tentacle knockdown into blood ball(respect)/ Tentacle( Trying to move)

but from what's really seen here, he doesn't seems like he was interested in zone, he was playing something else.

Couple things I've noticed:
whenever he starts his jumping around nonsense I use dash forward and keep and eye for the down jump. If you block the down jump always use your fullest combo. Don't immediately fall back on d2. (a mistake I kept making). It's fine the first time because it gives a KB, but after that your full string is way more damage.

Lab out how to respond to his teleport with yours. If you time it right, he should be doing his grab the opposite direction of where you teleport, and you get to punish with your full string.

For combos you have to play footsie and make him scared. use your back dashes to get into position to parry when he whiffs the first attack after you dash back. Most of his strings will fall right into the parry. Once he's scared, don't use get-up attacks, use rolls immediately into parry.

Also, STAY DOWN. Hold that button and don't stand up right away. Let him whiff a string, and every time you stand up, wait a different amount of time. Keep him guessing so he can't just jail you into blocking as soon as you stand.

We Skarlets don't get a lot of quick ways to interrupt his strings. So we have to be more technical.
Thank you for this, I don't use the teleport variation but I may have to for lao.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Hey guys, sorry to post a bunch of questions that I'm sure have been asked before, but I'm new to the character and I don't have time at work to read the whole thread. Any answers are appreciated:

1. Best anti-air? 1 and 2 both seem ok but I didn't know if she had something better.
  2. Is d4 worth using? Its recovery is massive, it doesn't seem to function like most d4s.
  3. Which variation is considered better? Most of the people I play online use Heart Piece for the parry but it feels kinda gimmicky. The teleport is nice but the recovery is huge so I'm not sure if that outclasses the other variation's long range poke thing
  4. How do you get the maskless gear? :DOGE

Hey guys, sorry to post a bunch of questions that I'm sure have been asked before, but I'm new to the character and I don't have time at work to read the whole thread. Any answers are appreciated:

1. Best anti-air? 1 and 2 both seem ok but I didn't know if she had something better.
  2. Is d4 worth using? Its recovery is massive, it doesn't seem to function like most d4s.
  3. Which variation is considered better? Most of the people I play online use Heart Piece for the parry but it feels kinda gimmicky. The teleport is nice but the recovery is huge so I'm not sure if that outclasses the other variation's long range poke thing
  4. How do you get the maskless gear? :DOGE

1. F2 if they are farther away, s1 if a bit closer imo
  2. Yes, you can jail into microdash 212 or microdash 44, so you could always be +6 after getting the timing and the max range to do d4 down. More dmg compared to d3 or d1 is always nice
  3. Heartpierce imo. Teleport and parry are too valuable to trade it for a meterless restand

Last edited:
I am finding myself using skarlet a lot more. She is a very good answer for shang variation 3 bc tent strike can't be parried. The damage off boiling point is very good and the only reason to use it in some matchups.

King Gamblers was definitely not interested in keeping distance, i think this was more of a research to play up close which is Skarlet weakness in general but more so with Blood Drive.

Every single time Gun Show jumped over a blood ball would actual being hit by any of these:
F2, Tentacle, bf2

Which he wasn't really doing it.

Every time Skarlet sends someone fullscreen with 44, allows her to start zoning either by canceling 44 into blood ball, or 44~tentacle knockdown into blood ball(respect)/ Tentacle( Trying to move)

but from what's really seen here, he doesn't seems like he was interested in zone, he was playing something else.
I like doing 44 into blood ball. gives a good setup.

ohh also vs shang variation 3, if you do mb slow blood ball you have time to tentacle him before he can dash forward and shake the blood ball. I think the variation with siphon is best vs shangv3

What are her meaty ball setups? Also, what was the setup that allowed you to do a b4 and combo into a blood ball if they were neutral ducking?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What are her meaty ball setups? Also, what was the setup that allowed you to do a b4 and combo into a blood ball if they were neutral ducking?
d4~blood ball midscreen its a jail high setup
up close AA f2~blood ball combos
In the corner
B3~blood ball and F2~blood ball are combos
about a 3/4 of the corner you can do U2, 44~blood ball restand or 212, 44~blood ball restand.

d4~blood ball midscreen its a jail high setup
up close AA f2~blood ball combos
In the corner
B3~blood ball and F2~blood ball are combos
about a 3/4 of the corner you can do U2, 44~blood ball restand or 212, 44~blood ball restand.

Thanks but I meant more like a meaty blood ball. Like 212 212 44 blood ball. Was wondering what else there was

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Thanks but I meant more like a meaty blood ball. Like 212 212 44 blood ball. Was wondering what else there was
the ones i gave you are +32 on hit and leave you close to try anything, the one you just posted leaves you too far and there isn't really much going for it.

Nevermind, I'm done with this game. It's fucking cancer playing all the time against bullshit kung lao and scorpion. Fuck this game, fuck NRS and fuck everyone else.

Last edited:

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
I think what you're looking for is 212 212 4~db2b ... you can follow behind the blood ball for a b4 or d3 if they try to duck the blood ball and it will restand them into mega plus frames.

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
sounds right. this is only a thing in the siphon variation?
If you're looking for the "can't duck the blood ball because here comes a low" then yes. You need the slow bloodball for the timing required. She recovers too slow and the regular blood ball moves too fast for it to work in the other variations. There may be some very specific, very nuanced situations in the other variations but nothing reliable.