What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Having a ball zoning with her in the current beta!

You def have to be mindful of spacing etc with her against teleport characters...also her db3 and high projectile all seem to check Kabals dash...

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Scorpion is giving me insane amounts of trouble in the closed beta..

With his delayed string I have to guess if it’s a low over head or delay throw and on top of this a teleport? With forward moving strings..?

Currently, I'm rocking cell siphon, dagger dance, and red mist. Cell siphon for obvious reasons, dagger dance to help deal with all the fucking Jades, and red mist for corner dmg. In the corner, I do 212 x2 44 mist which restands leaving you +15 and starts dot dmg.

You can also do 212 4 ex burst 124 mist for more dmg but it takes a little getting used to.

E

Eldriken

Sooooo, how do you stop/punish Kabal from doing jumping downward projectile at you for free? Seems like if he's close enough to jump and throw it, you're just stuck blocking it or getting hit, or trading at best? @Eddy Wang @YoungTeezy 305 @Eldriken or anybody?
Only played against one Kabal player today. But that's my fault. I've probably put in about 20 hours on Path of Exile since yesterday. >.>

I'm fucking hooked. See y'all at release. :DOGE

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Honestly I didn’t expect to like Skarlet this much. I was thinking Jade was gonna be my girl but Skarlet hits different haha. I don’t play her as a zoner though. I am trying to get used to taking a few steps during each combo, my only complaint about this game is that it can feel sluggish at times.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Honestly I didn’t expect to like Skarlet this much. I was thinking Jade was gonna be my girl but Skarlet hits different haha. I don’t play her as a zoner though. I am trying to get used to taking a few steps during each combo, my only complaint about this game is that it can feel sluggish at times.
Man! Skarlet got them normals, she got them combos, and she got them damages! Everything i wanted in Jade, Skarlet got and then some. Glad you're enjoying this character. Whats your loadout looking like?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Started using her mimickry special but it has no advantage can someone explain its good points i cant get my head around it . I also use her damage reduction and parry

E

Eldriken

What gimmicky special? Please be more specific.
Mimicry, not gimmicky. =P

He's referring to Cell Siphon.

Started using her mimickry special but it has no advantage can someone explain its good points i cant get my head around it . I also use her damage reduction and parry
Cell Siphon is good to end combos with if you amplify it because it does ridiculous damage and gets you health back. However, it doesn't leave you at any type of real advantage.

It's good for a restand to eliminate wakeup options, but not to start pressuring for free.

fr stack

Mimicry, not gimmicky. =P

He's referring to Cell Siphon.

Cell Siphon is good to end combos with if you amplify it because it does ridiculous damage and gets you health back. However, it doesn't leave you at any type of real advantage.

It's good for a restand to eliminate wakeup options, but not to start pressuring for free.
So much brain re wiring needed for this mk lol its overwhelming but awesome too

fr stack

Also also are either of u guys strugglin with the wake up system ive lost a few times just tryin to figure them out so i gave up and just block on wakeup. Is the input window super late or am i just a scrub?

I need to read through this later. I am really enjoying her in the beta. I use:
clot, siphon and i teleport (away teleport is insane!). her tentacle strike is a MUST if you want to play her in a game like this. It gives great push back and is safe (-6) is safe in this game. It also jails from most normals and strings. As we have not seen super strong zoning in this game, or unpredictability in zoning (delayable zoning tools) you will have to rely on push back.

Staggers off 21 are very good. 44 is very good and is plus while keeping them in range of f2!. her d1 sucks :(

I like to do 212, 212, 44 siphon. The health regain is amazing. when doing 44 siphon it keeps them far away and i believe sets up a tentacle. her shimmy game is very good! she does have a 50/50 in b2 and b3 so there is a threat of it. in the corner you get a full combo of b3.

of all the characters in the beta she is fun. i just wish we knew how the variation system will play out in tournament play.

Also also are either of u guys strugglin with the wake up system ive lost a few times just tryin to figure them out so i gave up and just block on wakeup. Is the input window super late or am i just a scrub?
once we have a practice mode do in 100 times in a row and yo uwill get it. its a feeling/timing. You have to hit u2/3 at the same time. u cant hold up then hit 2/3 afaik right now