What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I pretty much use all my meter on amplifying the fast projectile and siphon.

I wish I would have played around with the retch ability more. But I like winning too much. lol

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Oh my sweet gurkens! Where do I start.

Skarlet has been my main go-to this whole time. Tried a lil bit of Baraka (meh) and didnt even touch Scorpion cuz Skarlet is THAT BITCH!

HAND DOWN the best load out is, Dagger Dance (Parry), Cell Cyphon, and not too sure on a third but I was using Bloodport. I HAD NO IDEA BLOOD PORT COULD BE AMPLIFIED! If I would have known that, I would be using it totally differently but i was figuring everything out myself instead of going back n forth on here most of the time finding shit cuz exploring things on your own is more fun for me.

Her Parry .....eh....I have mixed feelings. Sometimes it worked for me and sometimes it didnt. It was very inconsistent to the point where i dont even know if I was doing it right but it left me confused cuz a parry is simple at that, right? But different scenarios had me scratching my head.

For example

Against Scorpion. At first the Parry blew his teleport the fuck up! But all of a sudden, ive noticed I was getting by it at times too even while holding the 1 button. So im starting to think that if Skarlet does not adjust position for the parry, she can still get hit from behind. That means you really have to parry on reaction and thats hard as fuck considering how fast the teleport is. I'm not sure if the amplified version auto adjusts her position, but if so that would make a whole lotta sense.

Her Cell Cyphon....you gotta be a fucking fool to NOT equip this! THIS IS HER BEST FUCKING ATTACK EVER! You can whiff punish almost half a fucking screen to catch people not blocking and get life back. The boiling blood and that other shit sucks. Cell Cyphon is too damn good to be replaced.

Bloodport....yeah....it sucks to keep it all the way live lol.. I mean, its slow and still leaves you negative on reaction. You really gotta think about if your opponent is gonna throw and slow move in order to put Bloodport to good use. Another example against Scorpion. If you know he's gonna throw out his spear, then Bloodporting on reaction works beautifully for this. But even then, you don't have much of a punish window. Either throw his ass or maaaaaybe get a 212 string out.

So much more to say but i think i just might make a video on it since i recorded (i kid you not) EVERY match Ive had that wasnt recorded on stream of course. Stay tuned for that ;)

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
The build I went with was Blood Siphon, her Parry, and Blood Klot specifically for Barakas so that they can't special cancel into their combos.

The Baraka I fought that had me questioning my options was one that got a LOT of mileage out of his double-bladed lunge that gores you and ends in a punch. It's very fast and has a lot more range than I ever expect and feels unpunishable. But you're right, maybe I'm not zoning enough. Anything past that, I just need time in the lab so I can figure out which strings I can Flawless Block like you mentioned.

I was just really salty at the time lol.
You can punish that move with 124 CS

E

Eldriken

You can punish that move with 124 CS
It seems like 124 is Skarlet's go-to punish unless they're super negative because 212 is too slow for some punishes.

Fortunately, if you've got Cell Siphon, you can amplify it and still get some hefty damage from it, making it a decent punish.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It seems like 124 is Skarlet's go-to punish unless they're super negative because 212 is too slow for some punishes.

Fortunately, if you've got Cell Siphon, you can amplify it and still get some hefty damage from it, making it a decent punish.
I've noticed that too watching others like Dragon play her. 212 is just a great whiff punisher, but 124 is the fastest punish combo she has.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Oh my sweet gurkens! Where do I start.

Skarlet has been my main go-to this whole time. Tried a lil bit of Baraka (meh) and didnt even touch Scorpion cuz Skarlet is THAT BITCH!

HAND DOWN the best load out is, Dagger Dance (Parry), Cell Cyphon, and not too sure on a third but I was using Bloodport. I HAD NO IDEA BLOOD PORT COULD BE AMPLIFIED! If I would have known that, I would be using it totally differently but i was figuring everything out myself instead of going back n forth on here most of the time finding shit cuz exploring things on your own is more fun for me.

Her Parry .....eh....I have mixed feelings. Sometimes it worked for me and sometimes it didnt. It was very inconsistent to the point where i dont even know if I was doing it right but it left me confused cuz a parry is simple at that, right? But different scenarios had me scratching my head.

For example

Against Scorpion. At first the Parry blew his teleport the fuck up! But all of a sudden, ive noticed I was getting by it at times too even while holding the 1 button. So im starting to think that if Skarlet does not adjust position for the parry, she can still get hit from behind. That means you really have to parry on reaction and thats hard as fuck considering how fast the teleport is. I'm not sure if the amplified version auto adjusts her position, but if so that would make a whole lotta sense.

Her Cell Cyphon....you gotta be a fucking fool to NOT equip this! THIS IS HER BEST FUCKING ATTACK EVER! You can whiff punish almost half a fucking screen to catch people not blocking and get life back. The boiling blood and that other shit sucks. Cell Cyphon is too damn good to be replaced.

Bloodport....yeah....it sucks to keep it all the way live lol.. I mean, its slow and still leaves you negative on reaction. You really gotta think about if your opponent is gonna throw and slow move in order to put Bloodport to good use. Another example against Scorpion. If you know he's gonna throw out his spear, then Bloodporting on reaction works beautifully for this. But even then, you don't have much of a punish window. Either throw his ass or maaaaaybe get a 212 string out.

So much more to say but i think i just might make a video on it since i recorded (i kid you not) EVERY match Ive had that wasnt recorded on stream of course. Stay tuned for that ;)
Blood port is actually really good and here's why:

1) While in a zoning war with Baraka, you can teleport behind him and punish. I would do this is I knocked him down with db4. My next move would be to check him with another db4u (so many people get hit while trying to wake up armorless including Scorpion's teleport). If they block the db4u they will normally try to zone back with sparks but the blood port will beat it and you get a punish with 124.

2) if you're walked down to the corner, you can teleport behind and far from the opponent with minimal risk. You can even teleport in place if you think they will press a button and punish with db4.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Blood port is actually really good and here's why:

1) While in a zoning war with Baraka, you can teleport behind him and punish. I would do this is I knocked him down with db4. My next move would be to check him with another db4u (so many people get hit while trying to wake up armorless including Scorpion's teleport). If they block the db4u they will normally try to zone back with sparks but the blood port will beat it and you get a punish with 124.

2) if you're walked down to the corner, you can teleport behind and far from the opponent with minimal risk. You can even teleport in place if you think they will press a button and punish with db4.
I mean, its just a slow ass teleport you reeeeeeeally have to use sparingly and it has to be upon reaction, otherwise you will get hit from the start-up. Baraka's projectile is still quite fast so you still can get blown up. But Im not sure how the Amplified version is. How is that better from the regular version? Is it faster?

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I mean, its just a slow ass teleport you reeeeeeeally have to use sparingly and it has to be upon reaction, otherwise you will get hit from the start-up. Baraka's projectile is still quite fast so you still can get blown up. But Im not sure how the Amplified version is. How is that better from the regular version? Is it faster?
It allows you to choose to teleport far from the opponent or in place.

I used teleport not as a defensive reactionary tool but as an aggressive preemptive tool. If I read a projectile was coming I would teleport and punish.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It allows you to choose to teleport far from the opponent or in place.

I used teleport not as a defensive reactionary tool but as an aggressive preemptive tool. If I read a projectile was coming I would teleport and punish.
Thats it? Start-up is not faster? If not, thats weak as fuck to amplify.

I can already either teleport from either in the front or back without amplified.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I disagree. Being able to teleport away from the opponent is too strong to not be an amplified move
The idea is, yes. But the way her teleport is set up is not strong at all. I was hoping that amplified would make it faster like they did Raiden's in Injustice AT LEAST, but if all it does is increase space is weak sauce to me. Can anybody else confirm this ?Question mark?

I need a 2nd opinion. Thank ya kindly.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
The idea is, yes. But the way her teleport is set up is not strong at all. I was hoping that amplified would make it faster like they did Raiden's in Injustice AT LEAST, but if all it does is increase space is weak sauce to me. Can anybody else confirm this ?Question mark?

Comparing one special move in two different games is not a good argument. I2 has mb roll and MK11 doesn't. An opponent who has to patiently work his way in on Skarlet and walk her to the corner will have to do it all over again once she amplifies her teleport.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Because if you were able to place your teleport anywhere without AMP in MUs like against Baraka it would be broke AF. The speed of it doesn't matter in her case like it would for another character with a different toolset.

With one life lead and a good read you can space the AMP tele away from Baraka and force him to have to chase you down an entire map. He can't win the MU down in life lead at distance. In a lot of MUs it'll be very strong, and I can picture it being a necessity in a MU like vs Sonya. If it wasn't an AMP and you were able to do it freely, saving extra AMP for other specials like more Blood Balls, the zoning in some MUs might become too strong if your reads are superior to your opponents.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Skarlet is sexy and she moves wonderful. Definitely love her flowing hair as I parry and suck away the life of others. I mained her the whole time.

I called her my Succubus with Red Mist and Cell Siphon.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Here are some attacks that I found very useful:

F2 BF2AMP if it hits you gain health back and you're at a 7frame advantage. If it is blocked it is safe at -5 frames and no bar is used. If spaced correctly, you can try to steal a turn with 21 and confirm from there or F2 again if you believe they will mash a down poke. Keep in mind that BF2 is a high and can be neutral crouched.

Stagger with F43 into another F4 or F2 BF2AMP. F43 IS -1 and when you condition your opponent to respect F43 DB4B then you can mix in the staggers.

Follow up any DB4 hit with a slightly delayed DB4U (midscreen). This is guaranteed and is very useful for stuffing non-armored wakeup attempts such as Scorpion's teleport or Baraka's sparks.

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Skarlet is sexy and she moves wonderful. Definitely love her flowing hair as I parry and suck away the life of others. I mained her the whole time.

I called her my Succubus with Red Mist and Cell Siphon.
I kinda wanna try out her Red Mist but doesn't that take away her blood tongue attack? That move is too damn good in neutral to be taken away.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I kinda wanna try out her Red Mist but doesn't that take away her blood tongue attack? That move is too damn good in neutral to be taken away.
It does but I played her mid range and not zoner. Sonic played her similar to myself when I saw his stream against Dragon. I was surprised we found the same set ups.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It does but I played her mid range and not zoner. Sonic played her similar to myself when I saw his stream against Dragon. I was surprised we found the same set ups.
Damn i missed that set. But i had to go to sleep.

I actually like playing mid range too. Her mix is waaaaay more effective and her overhead is useful as fuck. I think its her B2? And if you hit that move three times, it become a Krushing Blow.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Damn i missed that set. But i had to go to sleep.

I actually like playing mid range too. Her mix is waaaaay more effective and her overhead is useful as fuck. I think its her B2? And if you hit that move three times, it become a Krushing Blow.
3 times in a row though, (did you ever get it in a match?), but yeah it's really good to punish them turtles.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
3 times in a row though, (did you ever get it in a match?), but yeah it's really good to punish them turtles.
I sure the hell did :)

You be suprised how well you can mix someone's shit with only two moves! Her B3 sweep which is fucking AMAAAAAZING, and her B2. That alone can fuck with somebody's nerves, and i got on plenty over the weekend :D

E

Eldriken

The recovery on Blood Port is shiiiiit. You definitely have to use it sparingly, as read or after conditioning your opponent.