What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
The recovery on Blood Port is shiiiiit. You definitely have to use it sparingly, as read or after conditioning your opponent.
I didn't like port at all, waaay too slow to make a offensive push. You must hard read to even make it work vs zoning. I changed it with Parry since Baraka loves his knees being swatted.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I sure the hell did :)

You be suprised how well you can mix someone's shit with only two moves! Her B3 sweep which is fucking AMAAAAAZING, and her B2. That alone can fuck with somebody's nerves, and i got on plenty over the weekend :D
I recorded a few videos I'm going to put together of me just low sweeping and Overhearing the while mactg, mix it her F2 , 3 string. Her standing 3 is good also too keep people in the distance you need them to be, however I noticed the hitbox on that seemed off?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Oh my sweet gurkens! Where do I start.

Skarlet has been my main go-to this whole time. Tried a lil bit of Baraka (meh) and didnt even touch Scorpion cuz Skarlet is THAT BITCH!

HAND DOWN the best load out is, Dagger Dance (Parry), Cell Cyphon, and not too sure on a third but I was using Bloodport. I HAD NO IDEA BLOOD PORT COULD BE AMPLIFIED! If I would have known that, I would be using it totally differently but i was figuring everything out myself instead of going back n forth on here most of the time finding shit cuz exploring things on your own is more fun for me.

Her Parry .....eh....I have mixed feelings. Sometimes it worked for me and sometimes it didnt. It was very inconsistent to the point where i dont even know if I was doing it right but it left me confused cuz a parry is simple at that, right? But different scenarios had me scratching my head.

For example

Against Scorpion. At first the Parry blew his teleport the fuck up! But all of a sudden, ive noticed I was getting by it at times too even while holding the 1 button. So im starting to think that if Skarlet does not adjust position for the parry, she can still get hit from behind. That means you really have to parry on reaction and thats hard as fuck considering how fast the teleport is. I'm not sure if the amplified version auto adjusts her position, but if so that would make a whole lotta sense.

Her Cell Cyphon....you gotta be a fucking fool to NOT equip this! THIS IS HER BEST FUCKING ATTACK EVER! You can whiff punish almost half a fucking screen to catch people not blocking and get life back. The boiling blood and that other shit sucks. Cell Cyphon is too damn good to be replaced.

Bloodport....yeah....it sucks to keep it all the way live lol.. I mean, its slow and still leaves you negative on reaction. You really gotta think about if your opponent is gonna throw and slow move in order to put Bloodport to good use. Another example against Scorpion. If you know he's gonna throw out his spear, then Bloodporting on reaction works beautifully for this. But even then, you don't have much of a punish window. Either throw his ass or maaaaaybe get a 212 string out.

So much more to say but i think i just might make a video on it since i recorded (i kid you not) EVERY match Ive had that wasnt recorded on stream of course. Stay tuned for that ;)
I agree with everything you stated. I tried the other specials that replace Cell Siphon and found them...ehh? It's cool to have a low special, but amplify them gives you nothing. With Cell at least I'm getting something out of amplifing it. I rather take life back, then just a cool animation from wacthing someone spit out blood. Rain Rain is cool but the damage boost is minor. So her best special is Cell Siphon, and many must learn to respect it. I caught whiffers from a far many times

E

Eldriken

I didn't like port at all, waaay too slow to make a offensive push. You must hard read to even make it work vs zoning. I changed it with Parry since Baraka loves his knees being swatted.
Dude, I was testing it against the AI in the Towers and it felt like it had 50+ recovery frames. It was like almost an entire second of holding up before I jumped after I teleported. That shit is punishable af on reaction.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Dude, I was testing it against the AI in the Towers and it felt like it had 50+ recovery frames. It was like almost an entire second of holding up before I jumped after I teleported. That shit is punishable af on reaction.
After 2 uppercuts in a row on my opponent, he got the message not to use her teleport. I can only hope that Raiden is better and feel like MK9 version more.

So, this is technically the "zoning" character in this game? Because I've seen gameplay of her and it looks like she fits my play style. I played Sagat in SFV and other zoning characters in other fighting games. When I look at Skarlet, I see a good character with zoning tools and damaging combos if they get up close.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
All of this passionate digging for tech in here makes me wish I actually tried her instead of playing brain dead Baraka for three days straight.

Still love’em tho

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've noticed with the port both offensively and defensively, I would punish the hell out of it and when I used it liberally got punished. Like Classic Raiden in past MK games, not saying it's completely bad but I would use it scarcely with Skarlet, Scorp's also got punished on block. Skarlet's you don't even need to block just be ready to U2 or combo her. Baraka has none but IMO he was the most op up close in the beta and seemed most of his moves has priority/stuffing out most of Scorp and Skarlet's up close. I used Skarlet the most, she's fun, interesting and can hold her own up close, mid and far.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Has anyone noticed any changes to Skarlet since the stress test beta? I'll be on and playing before too long, but I figured I'd see if anyone here has noticed anything, too.

E

Eldriken

Can someone check whether the Blood Tentacle works on Jades purple glow?
I believe it does. I recall hitting Jade with it while the glow was active. But the timing could have been super on point and it landed the second it wore off.