What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

E

Eldriken

Cell Siphon leaves you at +4 and amplified Cell Siphon leaves you at +7 according to the in-game data. While it doesn't guarantee much other than safety, I'd rather take the minor amount of plus frames to deny my opponent of a wakeup.

While the Mist may leave you at +17, I can't go without my Blood Tongue. >.> I like it too much.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Cell Siphon leaves you at +4 and amplified Cell Siphon leaves you at +7 according to the in-game data. While it doesn't guarantee much other than safety, I'd rather take the minor amount of plus frames to deny my opponent of a wakeup.

While the Mist may leave you at +17, I can't go without my Blood Tongue. >.> I like it too much.
Ive been trying Red Mist recently and man the pressure is pretty good, up close of course. I know its hard to get rid of the blood tongue, but try it out. Its a good alternate and DOT damage kills in this game.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Thanks for your insights, everyone.
Also also are either of u guys strugglin with the wake up system ive lost a few times just tryin to figure them out so i gave up and just block on wakeup. Is the input window super late or am i just a scrub?
U2/U3 is the same window, and is relatively early. The roll window is significantly later. You can press these more than once to make sure you get them.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Jade and Kabal...holly shit they have an answer to everything I’ve tried throw at these character so far..

Range, air projectiles, ranged fatal blows, low projectile...you serious mk?

I’m getting out footsied because either my normals are negative or the oppenat characters string range makes up for lost space..

Edit: I’m dumb I need to just switch variations per character duh lol

Last edited:

Condition with F2 or D1 and once they start mashing a Low then it can open up throws or b2 to or back three or 44 for plus pressure.

IMO siphon is very good. You should amplify if almost every time. Priority for your meter use.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I feel like such a noob again its hilarious i cant get simple shit out consistent at all ill need months in practice mode at this rate!

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
B12 is such a nice footsie tool.

I wish B2 wasn't so punishable, but it's easy to catch people with it because folks usually block low against Skarlet

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Cell siphon and bloodport are definitely my first two choices for abilities. I'm having trouble deciding on a third favorite, but I'm currently using the shield.

E

Eldriken

Cell Siphon and Blood Flow are seriously the only abilities I even want to use.

I've tried most of them and the only other one I really like is Killer Klot. Buuuut, I can't have that with the aforementioned abilities.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Cell Siphon and Blood Flow are seriously the only abilities I even want to use.

I've tried most of them and the only other one I really like is Killer Klot. Buuuut, I can't have that with the aforementioned abilities.
I think slots was a perfect idea for balancing custom variations. Blood Flow is such an epic special for her moveset, but it would be probably be broke AF if you were able to add it with TWO more specials and keep all the other moves. Now that we've actually played a lot I think Skarlet is the best character available to highlight how customs can be balanced for competitive.

The frame data is missing for the bf3 mb. Do you know if it's safe on block ?

It also seems to launch the opponent in the air on hit in the corner but I can't even land a d1 to continue the combo. Is my timing wrong or we just can't combo after a bf3 mb ?

EDIT : You can d1 after the bf3 mb in corner but it is a hard timing.

Last edited:

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Her zoning is pretty good...

Well, at least it is according to the Baraka I played yesterday who called me a pussy and then tried to “out spam” me with Scorpion’s teleport...

HE thinks it’s unbeatable...

(Skarlet giving me my first 3 rage quits so far and I love her)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Nice! Any recommended strings?
Here 212, 212, Blood Mist combo works giving you not only a re-stand but you can mix them up from there. Either B2 or B32.

Which reminds me, I REALLY have been neglecting B32, but B4 sweep is good to keep the pressure and still be on your opponent.

jo_don

Noob
I have been liking skarlet a lot so far but i feel like i have no idea at all how to handle Kabals jumping projectile. I have tried to punish it with teleport to very minor success, that may be a bit of a execution issue on my end but I feel like there should be a better answer. I have also tried to beat them at zoning with blood ball but it feels like they will mostly come out on top there. Does anyone have any good advise for how to handle it?

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Last edited: