What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

Mimicry, not gimmicky. =P

He's referring to Cell Siphon.

Cell Siphon is good to end combos with if you amplify it because it does ridiculous damage and gets you health back. However, it doesn't leave you at any type of real advantage.

It's good for a restand to eliminate wakeup options, but not to start pressuring for free.
if you do 212, 212, 44 siphon it actually keeps them far away and you can resume your zoning/space control.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Scorpion is giving me insane amounts of trouble in the closed beta..

With his delayed string I have to guess if it’s a low over head or delay throw and on top of this a teleport? With forward moving strings..?
He's basically a fucking problem at first. But once you anticipate his teleports, you can punish that ass with 124~BF3, or you can try to punish it with the 212 combo. Still havent tested if that combo is fast enough to punish. But i promise you, once you teach a Scorpion you will fuck up his teleport EVERY TIME he will stop doing it....well....at least a smart player will stop ;)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Also also are either of u guys strugglin with the wake up system ive lost a few times just tryin to figure them out so i gave up and just block on wakeup. Is the input window super late or am i just a scrub?
I honestly still can't do it, will require labbing.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Also also are either of u guys strugglin with the wake up system ive lost a few times just tryin to figure them out so i gave up and just block on wakeup. Is the input window super late or am i just a scrub?
Once u finally get the hang of the timing, then its easy as fuck. Once u get knocked, just quickly press either U3 or U2.

U2 is a pop up that leads into a combo. But does not have frame invincibility so you have to read your opponent.
U3 is frame invul, so its used more of a GET THE FUCK OFF ME tool.

Hope that helps :)

I have a lot of fun with Skarlet on the beta. She has awesome footsies tools. Her b2 is very good, I love using it. I just think that the KB linked to the b2 is a bit tedious to trigger, and even if you trigger it, you get like 14%. It not that much if you just used 3 b2 in a row without using anything else. So the risk/reward ratio is not worth it.

I also like to use the Red Mist, even at the expense of the blood tentacle, I don't know if it's really worth it. It seems that with the Red Mist equipped, the whole gameplan changes. I just love the DoT/restand properties of the move.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I have a lot of fun with Skarlet on the beta. She has awesome footsies tools. Her b2 is very good, I love using it. I just think that the KB linked to the b2 is a bit tedious to trigger, and even if you trigger it, you get like 14%. It not that much if you just used 3 b2 in a row without using anything else. So the risk/reward ratio is not worth it.

I also like to use the Red Mist, even at the expense of the blood tentacle, I don't know if it's really worth it. It seems that with the Red Mist equipped, the whole gameplan changes. I just love the DoT/restand properties of the move.
You be surprised that you can actually hit that 3 times in a row lol. Most people block low on wakeup. Then you can mix em up with B4 sweep to check their legs. Her normals are a mind game mixup and its fucking brilliant! However...i do agree her B3 should have more of a rewarding damage since thats all she gets from it.

You be surprised that you can actually hit that 3 times in a row lol. Most people block low on wakeup. Then you can mix em up with B4 sweep to check their legs. Her normals are a mind game mixup and its fucking brilliant! However...i do agree her B3 should have more of a rewarding damage since thats all she gets from it.
b2 is very easy to "confirm" into its KB against the jumping beans online since it's a great AA :D . But against careful players... It's a bit harder and not worth the risk for the damage it causes.

E

Eldriken

It kinda sucks that B2 is her only overhead thats not only slow as fuck but negative as fuck too. Maybe if the move have a little bit more pushback, it would be a great tool to use.
Aye. I know not everything a character has is supposed to be useful, but what the fuck is the point of this, y'know? lol

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Aye. I know not everything a character has is supposed to be useful, but what the fuck is the point of this, y'know? lol
Oh i feel u. And it sucks when somebody FINALLY blocks it, and my ass gets punished for it, especially from a Kabal player. Oh lord, and they know how to punish. Kabal is starting to be a problem against Skarlet already.

E

Eldriken

Oh i feel u. And it sucks when somebody FINALLY blocks it, and my ass gets punished for it, especially from a Kabal player. Oh lord, and they know how to punish. Kabal is starting to be a problem against Skarlet already.
He has very similar range as her but with faster startup and an actual guessing game behind it. Then he's got a projectile. lul

But I ain't crying foul yet. Gonna see what the final build is like. Just speculation from me until then.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
He has very similar range as her but with faster startup and an actual guessing game behind it. Then he's got a projectile. lul

But I ain't crying foul yet. Gonna see what the final build is like. Just speculation from me until then.
Yeah...his tools are....EVERYTHING. And you can't anti air him for shit. I tried my D2 but his J1 AND J3 beats its like WTF!? I've only came across a couple last night but already seeing the struggle. I have adjusted to realized you can outzone him because the projectile beat his Dash.

E

Eldriken

Yeah...his tools are....EVERYTHING. And you can't anti air him for shit. I tried my D2 but his J1 AND J3 beats its like WTF!? I've only came across a couple last night but already seeing the struggle. I have adjusted to realized you can outzone him because the projectile beat his Dash.
Jump-in kicks are so effing strong right now. It's unbelievable. I couldn't AA him for shit.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Jump-in kicks are so effing strong right now. It's unbelievable. I couldn't AA him for shit.
The only thing I can think of is just spacing him out with the Cell Cyphon and catch him while he's jumping because you know he's only gonna go for the air projectile to keep him safe.

Ive seen Dragon anti air people with 2~Cell Cyphon. That shit is an amazing conversion that i need to practice myself.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Man! Skarlet got them normals, she got them combos, and she got them damages! Everything i wanted in Jade, Skarlet got and then some. Glad you're enjoying this character. Whats your loadout looking like?
My current load out is DB3 that blood ball that prevents combo strings connecting with specials, her counter attack bc I love the regen on MB and I find myself only amplifying this move, and I prefer the DOT damage mist move over her siphon given that I already have a regen move!

I am finding some trouble playing against scorpions as others have noted, but the only thing I can really do is learn the strings and guard effectively. I don't know if his teleport is 212 punishable yet, sometimes it is? I think? I've noticed I haven't gotten them on counter so i think there's a small window of opportunity, but I am unaware of the exact frames.

I don't like zoning, but I like having the option. I've started to use zoning to encourage the fight to get closer.

E

Eldriken

My current load out is DB3 that blood ball that prevents combo strings connecting with specials, her counter attack bc I love the regen on MB and I find myself only amplifying this move, and I prefer the DOT damage mist move over her siphon given that I already have a regen move!

I am finding some trouble playing against scorpions as others have noted, but the only thing I can really do is learn the strings and guard effectively. I don't know if his teleport is 212 punishable yet, sometimes it is? I think? I've noticed I haven't gotten them on counter so i think there's a small window of opportunity, but I am unaware of the exact frames.

I don't like zoning, but I like having the option. I've started to use zoning to encourage the fight to get closer.
Both of his teleports are punishable with 212. It's just getting it out on time if you're waiting for him to amplify it. Shit needs a different animation or something.

If you think they did a regular teleport and you hit 212 and they amplify it, you get hit with a combo.

I had a lot of fun with her in the stress test, and the same goes for the beta so far, but I do have some concerns with her. She really doesn't have a ton of strings, so she can be a bit predictable when it comes to offense. If an opponent blocks low up close, it's very hard to open them up because her B2 is easily punishable. The amount of characters that have teleports or ridiculously fast moves in this game that can react to projectiles will nullify a lot of her zoning. Sure she can keep away some characters, but the others will force her to play their game, which will really hurt her. Watching the trailer with Kung Lao and Liu Kang made me think that they will give her hell, but I'll reserve judgment until the final game comes out. Who knows what else has changed.

Is there any reason to use the other two choices instead of cell siphon? I can see them changing the amplified version of that move to do less damage if it's going to give her health back. The other two moves are low, which is nice, but they're so damn slow that I haven't found a ton of use for them yet. Boiling point or whatever it's called does huge damage when amplified, but I don't think the net difference over cell siphon is worth it. The re-stand from the retching move doesn't seem to useful to me either so far. I don't believe she's at any advantage after it, and it doesn't heal, so I really can't see choosing it over cell siphon.

E

Eldriken

I had a lot of fun with her in the stress test, and the same goes for the beta so far, but I do have some concerns with her. She really doesn't have a ton of strings, so she can be a bit predictable when it comes to offense. If an opponent blocks low up close, it's very hard to open them up because her B2 is easily punishable. The amount of characters that have teleports or ridiculously fast moves in this game that can react to projectiles will nullify a lot of her zoning. Sure she can keep away some characters, but the others will force her to play their game, which will really hurt her. Watching the trailer with Kung Lao and Liu Kang made me think that they will give her hell, but I'll reserve judgment until the final game comes out. Who knows what else has changed.

Is there any reason to use the other two choices instead of cell siphon? I can see them changing the amplified version of that move to do less damage if it's going to give her health back. The other two moves are low, which is nice, but they're so damn slow that I haven't found a ton of use for them yet. Boiling point or whatever it's called does huge damage when amplified, but I don't think the net difference over cell siphon is worth it. The re-stand from the retching move doesn't seem to useful to me either so far. I don't believe she's at any advantage after it, and it doesn't heal, so I really can't see choosing it over cell siphon.
Aye. I agree with a lot of this. Barely any strings at all that are mostly unsafe. 44, b12, f43 and 124 are her safest strings.

Her restands don't leave her at advantage at all, but at least she can get rid of their wakeup game due to them.

I only use Cell Siphon and Blood Flow because controlling Blood Ball's speed is nice to keep people in check.

But her overall moveset makes me wonder what NRS intended for her to play like. She's not gonna be overwhelming you with OH/lows, which is a nice change. But she can't launch with any specials outside of bf3 amplified in the corner, so combo potential is limited to 212 punishes (if you even get it because lul high starter and people mash d2 like mad) unless you're in the corner and use 124 into whatever.

She may legitimately be one of MK11's dedicated zoners.

E

Eldriken

bc you have a low option that isn't. b3 lanches in the corner and b3 tent strike is safe and knocks full screen.
This is true. I should start using that more.

What's the follow-up to b34 in the corner? 124 into finisher?

What's the follow-up to b34 in the corner? 124 into finisher?
I use d1 124 red mist (or cell siphon), I'm pretty sure there is a way better optimization, but this is what I use. The advantage of red mist is that you are at +17 hit advantage after the restand with the move but it removes the blood tentacle. But at least you can pressure a bit with extra DoT.

Edit : You can use 212 12 finisher for ~24% with red mist and ~28% with meter burn cell siphon.

Last edited: