What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Hmm, I wonder if ending in 124 does more damage than 44. Will need to give that a try.

Also, has anyone figured out a purpose for the blood explosion yet? I assume amplified we get a corner combo and maybe D1 into regular explosion could be a poke, but it seems slow...

Lastly, you sure she has a KB off of parry? I've hit with parry amplified and not tons of times and I've never seen it.

Last edited:

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I've never been low profiled so much in my life lol. Is D1-F2 is the only way not to catch wreck?
F4 was my main move for this. I was playing against Baraka and D4 was sniping me a lot, so 21, back up, F4 to catch low profiling moves was a big help. After D1 too.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
F4 was my main move for this. I was playing against Baraka and D4 was sniping me a lot, so 21, back up, F4 to catch low profiling moves was a big help. After D1 too.
Gonna try this thanks. That's actually exactly what was happening. Got adjusted to in a long set and Baraka D4 started eating me alive during pressure even while plus. Gonna give this a shot.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Hmm, I wonder if ending in 124 does more damage than 44. Will need to give that a try.

Also, has anyone figured out a purpose for the blood explosion yet? I assume amplified we get a corner combo and maybe D1 into regular explosion could be a poke, but it seems slow...

Lastly, you sure she has a KB off of parry? I've hit with parry amplified and not tons of times and I've never seen it.
It definitely had a KB in the reveal build but i've yet to see anyone do it in this build, so it's possible it just doesn't exist here for whatever reason.

Anybody been playing around with retch-ribution and/or boiling point? I'm really curious if they hold any real advantages over siphon but i can't bring myself to give up that healing to experiment.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It definitely had a KB in the reveal build but i've yet to see anyone do it in this build, so it's possible it just doesn't exist here for whatever reason.

Anybody been playing around with retch-ribution and/or boiling point? I'm really curious if they hold any real advantages over siphon but i can't bring myself to give up that healing to experiment.
I wanna try boiling point, but I can't let go of Syphon, I just use it to end every combo. I'll try it for one set and see.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've been using Retch probably even more than Siphon actually. I like it a lot since it regulates opponents to overblock in neutral and at distance, and does good damage when MB. I'm not a fan of placing them directly in front of me with Skarlet like Siphon does. I prefer the tongue KD ender and spacing, where she dominates these two characters. I don't like Boiling Point though.

I have been playing as exclusively Skarlet since I got on last night and man, did I find some things. First off, F4,3 is really safe on block and is a good mixup as well as 212, but I combo I found to be really good is 212, 212, 44, Fatal Blow. This can be done in corner or midscreen with the right timing. I have been playing her like a mixup character and she is really fun!

I've been using Retch probably even more than Siphon actually. I like it a lot since it regulates opponents to overblock in neutral and at distance, and does good damage when MB. I'm not a fan of placing them directly in front of me with Skarlet like Siphon does. I prefer the tongue KD ender and spacing, where she dominates these two characters. I don't like Boiling Point though.
I played a bit with boiling point, didn’t like it either, been using other moves mostly, but haven’t tried retch-ribution, what does it do? Haven’t seen it in gameplay...

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Anyone know any combos that end in Blood Ball, I really really like the ability that lets you control the speed of the ball but I feel like I can combo into it but just don't have the path. Maybe using the fast version of blood ball can work for a restand? I imagine there's at least some corner stuff but I haven't got there yet

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
People are saying Skarlet has crazy damage. What is it coming from?
I'm getting 30% off the bnb 212 combo only after amplified cell siphon
Watch, it probably requires a Fatal Blow. =P

I just don't see the combo potential. She doesn't have any specials that extend combos that I've seen.
You can use blood splatter (BF3 I believe) amplified in the corner after a hit confirm to extend a combo. It pops up. I accidentally did it last night and got a standing 1 after.

I dont think it's any good mid screen but I'm gonna try it tonight.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Watch, it probably requires a Fatal Blow. =P

I just don't see the combo potential. She doesn't have any specials that extend combos that I've seen.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that 46% one is 212, 212, 44xxFatal Blow. I've had it done to me before and the numbers match up.

I don't wanna speak too soon without a proper lab, but it does look like her combo potential isn't as high as the others, which makes sense since she has pretty damn good zoning tools.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I played a bit with boiling point, didn’t like it either, been using other moves mostly, but haven’t tried retch-ribution, what does it do? Haven’t seen it in gameplay...
It's like say, an Ermac Grab that you can place far, close, medium or whatnot. Unsafe on block, but startup appears faster than Boiling Point, it leaves them standing on hit, and does about 16% damage when MB. When you hit it once or twice opponents start blocking excessively from distance compared to when Siphon is equipped. Then you can set up the zoning game that much easier because she already has a lot of those tools as is.

It's like say, an Ermac Grab that you can place far, close, medium or whatnot. Unsafe on block, but startup appears faster than Boiling Point, it leaves them standing on hit, and does about 16% damage when MB. When you hit it once or twice opponents start blocking excessively from distance compared to when Siphon is equipped. Then you can set up the zoning game that much easier because she already has a lot of those tools as is.
So it works like Boiling point but is faster and leaves them standing on hit? And I am guessing it isn’t a low...Does it anti air? Can you combo into it?

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
The game feels great, I wont lie. Been playing skarlet and i found two ability sets that work for me. For a zoning I like the ability where she can enhance her blood ball and cell siphon.
For a more "in your face" pressure set I was toying with had Blood port, blood klot, and red mist. With this set you dont get the low projectile or blood tentacles but the restand in the corner with aura pressure can really widdle away at their health.
I like how they have three balancing measures to avoid over powered combinations (slot system, special restrictions, and ability replacement). Ive already found myself wanting illegal combinations.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So it works like Boiling point but is faster and leaves them standing on hit? And I am guessing it isn’t a low...Does it anti air? Can you combo into it?
Yea pretty much. Not sure what even the purpose of using Boiling Point is at this stage. A little bit extra damage seems like a waste. It's a mid, and you can combo into it if you want. Doesn't seem plus on hit though, seems like neutral or something similar to Siphon.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wait until you start getting Flawless Block punished for just doing strings. This really opens up poking strategy and footsies. Can't just throw stuff out anymore against a knowledgeable player.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
B2(Or whatever overhead scythe) has really good range on it and it rips people out of the air. Good preemptive anti-air while getting the overhead mixup in there and it does have a krushing blow attached to it

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yeah I understand that. You stop their high with a d1... then what. Everything after that puts you at a disadvantage. Imo a d1 on hit should have enough hit stun to guarantee a string. Right now all it does is guarantee another d1. Every follow up can be stuffed with a d1 from the opponent.
Hey man I don't think a d1 should garanteed free follow up. What I do is I use the d1 to check my opponent occasionally that way I catch them off guard and that's what grants me follow up.
I'm sure she has a few tools from what I've seen that can be used many of them if you use it occasionally.