What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

E

Eldriken

Not in the matches I played.

If it was lag I didn't feel any input delay or any other symptoms thereof.

shrugs
Skarlet's s2 = 13f.

Hell Port = -20 on block.
Amplified Hell Port = -14 on block.

There you have it. You can do 124 into whatever if you'd prefer.

Skarlet's s2 = 13f.

Hell Port = -20 on block.
Amplified Hell Port = -14 on block.

There you have it. You can do 124 into whatever if you'd prefer.
-14 vs 13f = yes, but that's assuming you start the move the frame after you block the move. No one's that fast! (I'm certainly not!)

You can, but you have to be super quick to do it otherwise they can block you.

I find it to be a very unsatisfying matchup, everything you have just leaves you wide open to taht damn punch. The whole match revolves around it. That's just obnoxious to me.

Malec

Noob
Yeah Scorpion isn't fun at all to play against with Skarlet. All her zoning tools are pretty useless in that matchup. He also wins up close.

Wavy

Block Spammer
I have 6 of her brutalities and I know there's 1 that my AI did that I'm missing.

Personally I feel the heart pierce variation is the go to one for me. The teleport(albeit not great) and parry combination covers a lot of issues for me defensively.

Anyone have early game feel in MU's? Obviously these are subject to change because it's so early in the games life.

Wavy

Block Spammer
I don't find the scorpion matchup all that bad like some are suggesting. He does take away her zoning(her blood spit and ball specifically) but more often than not I've baited a scorpion into thinking I was, into a punish.

The blood tentacle still does decent against him. It's definitely a more patient MU.

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
I did a thing during beta testing days, nothing really special; but I've been using it for the plus frames it nets you.
Nothing broken, but was my early impression of something that might not be that good.

Maybe in conjunction with other normals/strings it could lead to something.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
This character has a lot of strange abilities. The only GOOD abilities seem to be teleport, siphon, parry, and clot. Idk how her defense buff is. Blood rain is garbage. Retch without amplify is an aimed low that is a +7 restand... but I fail to see why I'd take it when tentacle exists and siphon is a much faster restand, meaning it connects after longer combos. This leads me to the other special where she lifts the opponent. It does amazing damage amplified but you can't combo with it because it's so slow and therefore also reactable in neutral (retch is slightly faster but also has this issue). DoT aura replaces tentacle and does like no damage so I can't see its use. Amplified blood ball takes 1 slot too many.

This character has a lot of strange abilities. The only GOOD abilities seem to be teleport, siphon, parry, and clot. Idk how her defense buff is. Blood rain is garbage. Retch without amplify is an aimed low that is a +7 restand... but I fail to see why I'd take it when tentacle exists and siphon is a much faster restand, meaning it connects after longer combos. This leads me to the other special where she lifts the opponent. It does amazing damage amplified but you can't combo with it because it's so slow and therefore also reactable in neutral (retch is slightly faster but also has this issue). DoT aura replaces tentacle and does like no damage so I can't see its use. Amplified blood ball takes 1 slot too many.
And as most of those abilities aren't present in the tournament variations there's little point speculating. THis is where NRS really screwed up and I hope they change it.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Are you guys using 3? To me the risk doesn’t seem worth it, it’s way too slow, but I’m no professional.

Also, people are starting to take advantage of the gaps in her strings, what do you do when they start interrupting your offense?

TBH I’m too reliant on 124 tentacle and F43 Tentacle, so I need for find ways to switch up my offense, any tips?

Are you guys using 3? To me the risk doesn’t seem worth it, it’s way too slow, but I’m no professional.

Also, people are starting to take advantage of the gaps in her strings, what do you do when they start interrupting your offense?

TBH I’m too reliant on 124 tentacle and F43 Tentacle, so I need for find ways to switch up my offense, any tips?
I use 3 as an anti air for longer jump ins. Won’t hit people above you but if they jump from range you can do 3-tentacle.

Malec

Noob
3 just seems like F2 or 21 but worse.
3 is amazing imo, so many times I had my opponent trying to crawl his way towards me and jump from max distance into 3xtounge, sent back 3/4 of the screen.
Its also really nice in neutral. In B2, B3 range I often check with 3xtounge.

Three questions:

1. Has anyone found any kind of safe pressure with Skarlet's strings into any of her projectiles? What I mean is that each of the four (spit, ball, ground, tentacle) has different startup, pushback, and recovery. And her normals/strings are pretty varied in their range and pushback, as well. So I was wondering if there was anything resembling projectile pressure a la Guile/Ryu when combining certain normals and specials. I'll test this when I get home if nobody knows.

2. Does parry blow up Scorpion's teleport even if you get hit behind? Not sure it's a viable high-level strat, but I was thinking it could make my life online a bit less annoying.

3. Where can I get the damn Kold War skin?! ARGH!

PeNNyw1ZE_TDC

Master level Noob
The Kold war skin isn't in the game unless you bought it in Russia. Which really sucks because it's the best skin in the whole damn game

Is this bug or what but parry does not work from behind? Everytime I got hit if they roll and attack me with mid attack.