What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Try F2 BF2AMP slight walk forward F2 BF2AMP. Baraka's F4 will blow this up but other characters will hold it. If it hits you're up 7% life each time
Whenever I use bf2 as a special cancel, I tend to use it as a setup with s2 bf2 because it leaves me a gap to do the double b2 kb. It works with most characters, except for one but I forget who. F2 bf2amp I haven't tried but it sounds useful.
Also how often do ppl on here are in the lab with Skarlet? I try to practice her everyday, except I don't have a specific time span because the mere commitment to 'everyday' is hard enough lol. Right now I'm practicing special cancels in normals and strings, and I have a bunch of notes on which are hard to cancel into and which are easy (The d1 and the 4,4 being the hardest).

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Does anyone know what to do against players that keep spamming d1s, d4s etc online? Usually I’d block it, maybe d1 them and then take my turn. But for skarlet this does not seem to work in A LOT of MUs -.- obviously her s1 gets low-profiled. Only thing I could do was walk back and try to punish them for keeping to spam or neutral jump or grab them after my d1 hit them. It really triggers me if I cannot take my turn simply because someone insists on pushing buttons like a madman... any tips? All her mid strings (f2, f4) seem too slow to really guarantee catching someone who’s mashing away :/

Last edited:
I prefer doing f43~bf2 (amplified) when trying to get health back. It seems to leave you at a good advantage and distance to get in another f43.

I don't think it's guaranteed, but it's probably worth giving a shot every now and again. I've gotten 14% health back in a matter of seconds thanks to that. =D

I also never use amplified Cell Siphon for regaining health anymore because it so isn't worth the return. I amplify it to end rounds/matches instead for the extra damage.

On another note: I'm so glad I unlocked her db4 Brutality. I get that shit all day.
@Eldriken how do you get it to work, dude?

E

Eldriken

I believe you have to have hit your opponent with db4 at least 5 times throughout the entire match and the final hit has to come from db4.

If you were to do f43~db4 and the f43 killed the opponent, the db4 would come after "Finish Him/Her!" pops up and it will still trigger the Brutality.

As long as db4 kills them or is comboed into when their health is gone, you're good to go.

Does anyone know what to do against players that keep spamming d1s, d4s etc online? Usually I’d block it, maybe d1 them and then take my turn. But for skarlet this does not seem to work in A LOT of MUs -.- obviously her s1 gets low-profiled. Only thing I could do was walk back and try to punish them for keeping to spam or neutral jump or grab them after my d1 hit them. It really triggers me if I cannot take my turn simply because someone insists on pushing buttons like a madman... any tips? All her mid strings (f2, f4) seem too slow to really guarantee catching someone who’s mashing away :/
same for me
im sitting blocking all day while they spam buttons, i cant do shit. once i press 1 or d1 of course they hit me before i hit

E

Eldriken

Your d1 is your tool for getting your offense started up close. It's 7f and +8 on hit. This means you are guaranteed a f2/f4 and a s1 (very strict timing, thus requires a lot of practice). Your opponent has to block because if they try to press buttons and you pressed f2/f4, they're gonna get hit.

If you do d1 and then f43 (both on hit), f43 leaves you at enough advantage to guarantee a s1 (no strict timing at all), f2 and s2 (strict timing that requires a lot of practice).

Her f43 is -1 on block and leaves you very close. You can go for a throw, d1, or just block to see if your opponent does anything.

You really have to condition your opponent up close and she can do that rather well in most cases.

She's also good at mid range and is great for whiff punishing there. If your opponent likes to d3/4 a lot, back up a bit and use b4. It's got good range. Again: condition them.

I could probably go on forever, but hopefully this helps get you started.

Just keep in mind that Skarlet can be bullied by some characters and needs to adjust accordingly.

I believe you have to have hit your opponent with db4 at least 5 times throughout the entire match and the final hit has to come from db4.

If you were to do f43~db4 and the f43 killed the opponent, the db4 would come after "Finish Him/Her!" pops up and it will still trigger the Brutality.

As long as db4 kills them or is comboed into when their health is gone, you're good to go.
Awesome, thanks! You uh... wouldn't happen to remember where you got that brutality, would you?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I HAVE BECOME ONE WITH THE BLOOD

I’ve been shopping around for a 4th main and I’ve been having problems(Geras and Erron were too broken, Baraka gets boring fast, Cetrion let me down, Shao is ass cheeks, etc.), but I decided to make today a Skarlet day, where I really figure her out and see if she feels as good as she looks, and I love her.

To think I didn’t touch her at all in either BETA(was all Baraka).

Now all I need is that damn maskless option from the shrine

Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I got her maskless gear for the second time in the Shrine today. While others have poured millions of koins in it and not seen it once. This is why I hate gambling.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I got her maskless gear for the second time in the Shrine today. While others have poured millions of koins in it and not seen it once. This is why I hate gambling.
I got lame ass Kitana’s on like my fifth roll ever.

On the bright side at least my favorite skin for her ended up being the tutorial unlock

E

Eldriken

I got a Tower Key earlier that is the Cache of Wealth. I believe this is the one you get quite a bit of koins on.

I've got pleeeeenty of konsumables to mop this Tower up and down. I'm gonna grind it for the whole hour and hit the Krypt.

I hope the RNG gods favor me.

Mizar

Noob
I got my maskless skarlet from the shrine (after blowing millions!) when I used that naknada item that give you better loot. Might be worth a try especially if you are getting the 1 gear piece + augment combo too often. Still, better pray to rngesus

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Your d1 is your tool for getting your offense started up close. It's 7f and +8 on hit. This means you are guaranteed a f2/f4 and a s1 (very strict timing, thus requires a lot of practice). Your opponent has to block because if they try to press buttons and you pressed f2/f4, they're gonna get hit.

If you do d1 and then f43 (both on hit), f43 leaves you at enough advantage to guarantee a s1 (no strict timing at all), f2 and s2 (strict timing that requires a lot of practice).

Her f43 is -1 on block and leaves you very close. You can go for a throw, d1, or just block to see if your opponent does anything.

You really have to condition your opponent up close and she can do that rather well in most cases.

She's also good at mid range and is great for whiff punishing there. If your opponent likes to d3/4 a lot, back up a bit and use b4. It's got good range. Again: condition them.

I could probably go on forever, but hopefully this helps get you started.

Just keep in mind that Skarlet can be bullied by some characters and needs to adjust accordingly.
Thanks for the long reply dude. I understand the principle quite well actually, but with Skarlet I had some issues. Close-up she seems kinda lost in some MUs, I understand she is a footsie-based midrange character and her general gameplan.

Since her d1 is +8 on hit it barely guarantees the f4, it’s 13 frames. If the opponent is mashing as hard as they can he will probably get the next 6frame d1 as early as possible, while the f4 comes out only one frame before his d1 if I time it perfectly. That was the issue I had. Backing up after a d1 on hit and spacing them out was a better option I felt, her close up options are not that great.

I think your answer was what I needed to hear, she does not have good options if the other guy is in your face.

E

Eldriken

Thanks for the long reply dude. I understand the principle quite well actually, but with Skarlet I had some issues. Close-up she seems kinda lost in some MUs, I understand she is a footsie-based midrange character and her general gameplan.

Since her d1 is +8 on hit it barely guarantees the f4, it’s 13 frames. If the opponent is mashing as hard as they can he will probably get the next 6frame d1 as early as possible, while the f4 comes out only one frame before his d1 if I time it perfectly. That was the issue I had. Backing up after a d1 on hit and spacing them out was a better option I felt, her close up options are not that great.

I think your answer was what I needed to hear, she does not have good options if the other guy is in your face.
It really depends on who "the other guy" is that's in your face. Not too many characters have a 6f d1. I see what your point is, however and I don't disagree. But I highly suggest learning the timing.

Backing up after a d1 is a good idea too because you can whiff punish with f2 or maybe even f43. So that is definitely a good decision on your end.

Backing up after a 44 on block is a good option as well because the pushback doesn't really allow you to utilize being +6.

Either way, you're not wrong about her being kinda meh when someone's all up in her face. It's definitely not where she wants to be in some MUs.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
It really depends on who "the other guy" is that's in your face. Not too many characters have a 6f d1. I see what your point is, however and I don't disagree. But I highly suggest learning the timing.
In this case “the other guy” is someone furiously mashing d1s until they decide to go for something else :D I do badly against people who don’t respect frames at all in general and do random stuff, so mashing is often something I struggle to outplay. I do know what I should do, but it’s tough for me and in Skarletts case it was harder to handle than usually.

Thanks for your input tho, I only picked her up a couple of days ago and I find her really fun. That’s the only part about her gameplan that I kinda had problems with so far, so I thought I’d ask some people who played her for longer :)

One other question: do u play only one of her variations? I play the bloodport one at the moment, but I think both are pretty good for different reasons. What is your standing on that matter?

E

Eldriken

I pretty much only use Blood Drive. I don't know why, however. I never make use of the abilities. I should probably switch over to Heart Pierce.

Blood Flow really shouldn't cost two slots all things considered and Cell Siphon is actually pretty shit all around. lol

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Yea, the teleport is pretty handy. It basically gets u out of corners (where she struggles a little I feel) if the opponent does not have u in lockdown yet for the cost of one defensive bar. Pretty nice.

Blood siphon is what I’d use the other variation for but it does not really guarantee super good pressure, does it?!