What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

E

Eldriken

Her d3 and d4 are too slow for her to compete...I try to use B4 to condition them. :(
Yeah. There is that. I use it myself, but sometimes not enough. But even with b4, some d3/d4s are annoying af to deal with.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
How do you guys deal with people mashing d3,d4's in the neutral?
I wonder the same shit myself. Kano, Sub-Zero, Erron Black, etc. Anyone with a good d3/d4 are fucking annoying.
Interesting, because coming from Cetrion it was nearly impossible to stop low pokes because she can't do anything about it, but with Skarlet it feels so much easier to stop them. Maybe Cetrion's options were so limited than anything feels amazing lol.

With Skarlet I do two things. If I'm on the far end of a low poke (Scorpion tip D4 type of stuff), I step backwards on block, and if they do it again I punish on reaction or walk back altogether if I'm looking for space. If I'm within D1 range though, I block and return a D1. If I hit, I autopilot F43 to see if I caught them mashing. If I did I hit F43-Tongue. If they blocked, no tongue, I go straight into D1 after F43 which catches them 80% of the time, back into F4 again or F2.

Been working infinitely better than what I was used to.

Reactions: f24
Her crushing blows seem kinda hard to get and aren't rewarding enough.
B2 KB simply doesn't do enough damage and doesn't lead to anything in the corner.
Everytime I could punish with B12 KB, 212 would also work and does more damage.
And her parry KB is good, but hard to get.
Thoughts?
B12 KB is good for whiff punish check not for guaranteed punish.
But I agree that her Krushing Blows are not that cool compared to other characters however no the worst. :)

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
do we know how many frames of invisibility does her U3 has on wake up?
Is it character specific?
Does the invincibility start frame 1?

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
I read this comment, went straight to the Krypt as this is the last thing I need for her, and lost tons of money but no mask...
That’s unfortunate. There’s a large prize pool is what it is. I can guarantee that’s where it is. It’s been widely reported, and that’s where I got mine. Are you on PC?

E

Eldriken

Shit! I used all my koins before remembering there's an item in the Krypt you can use that increases the likelihood of getting better items from the Shrine.

I've got six of them. They're called Naknadan Charm.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Yeah, I got her and Kitana’s maskless gear pieces from the same 75k last night at the shrine so they definitely drop from there

Eldagrin

Shit! I used all my koins before remembering there's an item in the Krypt you can use that increases the likelihood of getting better items from the Shrine.

I've got six of them. They're called Naknadan Charm.
I used a couple the other day and it didn’t increase the quality of the gear pieces or skins I got to drop so I’m not really sure how those work.

E

Eldriken

I used a couple the other day and it didn’t increase the quality of the gear pieces or skins I got to drop so I’m not really sure how those work.
Maybe you don't have to bet as much to get items that require a certain amount? Like instead of 75k for the masks, but instead 25k will work. I dunno.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That’s unfortunate. There’s a large prize pool is what it is. I can guarantee that’s where it is. It’s been widely reported, and that’s where I got mine. Are you on PC?
Dang, I'll try again when I get more coins. I need that non-mask to complete my look. On PS4.

Eldagrin

Maybe you don't have to bet as much to get items that require a certain amount? Like instead of 75k for the masks, but instead 25k will work. I dunno.
Maybe, I didn’t have a ton of coins at the time so I didn’t want to waste many of them experimenting lol

Just played a few sets against Scorpion and I have to say she is too slow. Against an enemy that can get in on her (chain or teleport) from almost anywhere she has no answers at all. Even if she blocks the punch she has nothing that can respond quick enough. At best you might land a basic 1/d1 but you'll be lucky. If the player is on the ball he'll be able to block everything. If you combo off a 1 it still won't be fast enough.

The threat of the teleport punch means you can't use half her tools (bloodball/shot). If you have the variation equipped without bloodport it's game over. SMDH

E

Eldriken

Just played a few sets against Scorpion and I have to say she is too slow. Against an enemy that can get in on her (chain or teleport) from almost anywhere she has no answers at all. Even if she blocks the punch she has nothing that can respond quick enough. At best you might land a basic 1/d1 but you'll be lucky. If the player is on the ball he'll be able to block everything. If you combo off a 1 it still won't be fast enough.

The threat of the teleport punch means you can't use half her tools (bloodball/shot). If you have the variation equipped without bloodport it's game over. SMDH
Any teleport on block can be punished with 212.