What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Nonsence, Skarlet has punishes, and definitely has combos and good damage, she is all about that neutral
Now that im learning more about punishes (Thanks to this Godlike Tutorial) what would her best punish be?

Either 124 (but its a high so can be D1)
or
F34 ?Question mark?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Depends how negative they are. If they're -14 or higher, use 212. If they're -8 or so, use 124.
Im still trying to distinguish how negative a person is. I never really paid much attention to frames. Im more of a "feeling" type player, But i guess ill start keeping an eye on it more often or just go through everybody's movelist lol

E

Eldriken

Im still trying to distinguish how negative a person is. I never really paid much attention to frames. Im more of a "feeling" type player, But i guess ill start keeping an eye on it more often or just go through everybody's movelist lol
Using 212 as a punish usually doesn't happen too often. Scorpion's teleport, Kabal's Nomad Dash, Skarlet's Cell Siphon, etc. Those are punishable by 212.

I often like to just "punish" with a d1 so I can start Skarlet's shenanigans.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Using 212 as a punish usually doesn't happen too often. Scorpion's teleport, Kabal's Nomad Dash, Skarlet's Cell Siphon, etc. Those are punishable by 212.

I often like to just "punish" with a d1 so I can start Skarlet's shenanigans.
Oh yea, those moves feel negative as hell. But after the D1, what do you follow up with? I can picture in my head F34 can work.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Unlike Tekken (my main game, don’t get it twisted), thankfully you don’t have to memorize 30-40 moves worth of frame data per matchup to optimize your punishes. You can just kind of “feel” it out here. As Eldriken said- they throw out any kind of advancing special, a flying kick, a dash punch, a teleport- you blow em up and try to get the 212. If that don’t work, then switch to 124 xx tentacle. Everything else you just kinda feel out. Block a Johnny nutpunch? Eh, it feels -10 so maybe you use 124. Maybe he’s demolishin you- hit the lab, test his strings- find out it’s actually -14.

That’s how most people use frame data in MkX.

E

Eldriken

Oh yea, those moves feel negative as hell. But after the D1, what do you follow up with? I can picture in my head F34 can work.
You're guaranteed 124 after a d1 on hit if you're frame perfect. You're guaranteed a f43 and f2 as well that don't require such strict timing.

After a f43 on hit, you're guaranteed a 212 if you're frame perfect or 124 without strict timing.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Seems basic, but I´m loving the bf2(A) ender for f43. It gives more or less 70 extra dmg AND gives you 70% health extra. And restand with perfect range for a b4.
Skralet doesn´t use too much meter, .... so, when do you use the offensive meter with Skarlet?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Seems basic, but I´m loving the bf2(A) ender for f43. It gives more or less 70 extra dmg AND gives you 70% health extra. And restand with perfect range for a b4.
Skralet doesn´t use too much meter, .... so, when do you use the offensive meter with Skarlet?
Cell Cyphon all day baby is the only reason to really use her offensive meter or her Blood shot AMP to get life back. OH and her AMP parry....i almost forgot.

What are you guys using for anti airs? Just d2? F2 vertical hitbox is weird, B2 is pretty good but that’s on more of a read than reaction.

Malec

Noob
I am interested in this character, as I understand, the parry is her best move, so variation 1 seems what most use.
Could someone explain what the hell blood ritual is for? I know you can't give one variation all good moves, but this one is just completely useless, or am I missing something?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I am interested in this character, as I understand, the parry is her best move, so variation 1 seems what most use.
Could someone explain what the hell blood ritual is for? I know you can't give one variation all good moves, but this one is just completely useless, or am I missing something?
In my opinion, cell siphon is still her best move. It's not as good as it was in the beta, but it's still very good.

Yea, blood ritual is mostly useless. I only ever try to use it if I have a life lead and my opponent is nearly dead.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I think variation 1 is probably the best variation, parry as a defensive tool and teleport to get away and keep zoning or go in if you're losing I'm not sure what I'd do without them. The last move is kind of useless though but it's funny killing people with chip damage left I lol every time. You still have meterburn parry and projectile to gain life.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
What type of attacks does the parry work on? Mids only? Specials? Jump ins?
It definitely doesn't work on jump-ins, lows, or projectiles.

To my knowledge, it definitely catches mids and highs. I'm not positive if it works on all specials, but I haven't noticed it not working on any specials.

I'm probably wrong on some of this, because I have only played heart pierce sparingly.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It definitely doesn't work on jump-ins, lows, or projectiles.

To my knowledge, it definitely catches mids and highs. I'm not positive if it works on all specials, but I haven't noticed it not working on any specials.

I'm probably wrong on some of this, because I have only played heart pierce sparingly.
Correct. Specials dont work from my experience. I could possibly be wrong on this, but jump ins and lows beat the parry for sure.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Has anyone found the "ancient blood magic" mask (i.e. no mask) in the krypt?

A dude on Youtube claims that it can only be found by gambling at the shrine. Anyone unlock it another way?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Has anyone found the "ancient blood magic" mask (i.e. no mask) in the krypt?

A dude on Youtube claims that it can only be found by gambling at the shrine. Anyone unlock it another way?
I barely touched the Krypt and did the head glitch but didnt get it. Im still looking.