What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

I just realized that parry is not good for MID lol.
Is it real? It is good for high/OH/Grab.

But if MID not ot can not be used against counter poke...

Wow in that case I do not know how to use it. Playing for a high or grab? Oh..

EDIT: oh I see it works for moves abobe her wrist lol... shao kahn's mid to her leg did not parried nor pokes. But for D2.its ok. Lol

Last edited:
It is probably obvious just post my experience: I just labbed her potential block counters pairing with parry.
B4..3
Parry will not save you ass at all. So picking parry for covering gaps is not a reason.

Against a flawless block opponent staggering 12 looks viable though. The stagger is noticable but during the war and preparing to flawless block it is difficult to immediately react with a good button to eliminate any Skarlet follow up.
Staggering B43 looks pretty the same.
And if the opponent looks for staggering and try to counterpoke or advance - parry cancel can help in that case! That can lead into huge mind games if anybody cares about it. :)

But I guess it is the case in case of other characters too.

I do not know if anyone will master flawless blocking Skarlet's normals but as some of them are slow enough to be able to do it. But during the heat of the battle that's unlikely.
You want to use parry to cover the gap in f43. If you do f43xxparry - all Flawless block ->u3’s and u2’s (except Erron Black lol) get parried

You want to use parry to cover the gap in f43. If you do f43xxparry - all Flawless block ->u3’s and u2’s (except Erron Black lol) get parried
I do not know how you tested it but I went to the lab again, I set Skarlet AI to do : F43xxDB1 and with Shao Kahn I could easily punish with both flawless block attack.
I assume all the characters have the same start up flawless block attack that's why I assumed it is punishable for the whole cast.

A max ranged F12 flawlesss block attack can whiff though.

Or is it another way to input the parry? :)

I do not know how you tested it but I went to the lab again, I set Skarlet AI to do : F43xxDB1 and with Shao Kahn I could easily punish with both flawless block attack.
I assume all the characters have the same start up flawless block attack that's why I assumed it is punishable for the whole cast.

A max ranged F12 flawlesss block attack can whiff though.

Or is it another way to input the parry? :)
I tested it against Erron Black, Scorpion, Cetrion, Geras, Skarlet herself, Kabal and used it against some of these characters in a real match with a friend who is already good at FB punishes. Don’t know about Shao Khan, but it works for everyone I have listed except Erron’s u2, because it is considered a projectile and can’t be parried, I will check Shao Khan tomorrow.

I tested it against Erron Black, Scorpion, Cetrion, Geras, Skarlet herself, Kabal and used it against some of these characters in a real match with a friend who is already good at FB punishes. Don’t know about Shao Khan, but it works for everyone I have listed except Erron’s u2, because it is considered a projectile and can’t be parried, I will check Shao Khan tomorrow.
Ok maybe the practice room recording sux I dont know lol.
I can easily flawless bock.punish.with Skarlet.

Recording should be good.as if I do not flawless block I see Skarlet holding the parry cancel and I can even hit into it.

I will ask my friend to input Skarlet in online lol.

EDIT: omg I figured out. If I input the u2/u3 a bit slower the parry comes out.
I was too fast maybe with the counter... maybe the first frame of the window.

Wow that's literally non-existing on high level then if as a casual like me can do it without thinking haha.
Is it a feature or bug by NRS? :)

And the effect of the parry is also not consistent to me.
Shao Kahns d1 and F3 can hit it... maybe he hits too low but I dont know lol.
I did not test the other characters just playing the various characters before going deep in one.

Can you tell me where I can find the replay in mk11? Damn i went through all the menus, options and did not find it lol.

Last edited:
what are your guys counters to scorpion?
You cant zone him, cause tele, and even if I block tele, I cant seem to get a punish in, as he seems to block before anything connects. Not to mention, the meter burn shenanigans he can do.
Same with blocking the spear, what are your follow ups

Wise Fox Spirit

The man with cold hand.
Teleport is -20 on block so its a free 212 full punish. Amp is -14 but im not sure if you can get 212 with the knockback. However you should at the very least get 124 + finisher

Teleport is -20 on block so its a free 212 full punish. Amp is -14 but im not sure if you can get 212 with the knockback. However you should at the very least get 124 + finisher
124+finisher was pretty much her BnB for me during beta. i only used 212 for something that was extremely punishable or for whiff punishes.

i liked skarlet a lot during the beta but it kinda feels like she's a solved character. she doesn't really have that much you can do with her.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
It is probably obvious just post my experience: I just labbed her potential block counters pairing with parry.
B4..3
Parry will not save you ass at all. So picking parry for covering gaps is not a reason.

Against a flawless block opponent staggering 12 looks viable though. The stagger is noticable but during the war and preparing to flawless block it is difficult to immediately react with a good button to eliminate any Skarlet follow up.
Staggering B43 looks pretty the same.
And if the opponent looks for staggering and try to counterpoke or advance - parry cancel can help in that case! That can lead into huge mind games if anybody cares about it. :)

But I guess it is the case in case of other characters too.

I do not know if anyone will master flawless blocking Skarlet's normals but as some of them are slow enough to be able to do it. But during the heat of the battle that's unlikely.
FLawless block doesn’t matter, we can cancel strings into parry

FLawless block doesn’t matter, we can cancel strings into parry
I labbed that parry will not solve the flawless block counter if timed properly. :)
Which is bad news for D1 into F43 pressure. F4 stagger ftw. :)

But in general its cool. But I already found D1 and other mid STARTER which go through the parry so just lab the matchup. :)

Wrath0594

I labbed that parry will not solve the flawless block counter if timed properly. :)

But in general its cool. But I already found D1 and other mid STARTER which go through the parry so just lab the matchup. :)
What do you mean? Like 124 xx parry for example- doesn’t that beat flawless block punish off the 4?

All right. I checked everything about her parry. The f43xxParry works on u2/u3 which are 10 frames or slower. 9 and faster u2/u3s if done at the first possible frame beat it out. Shao khan's are 9 frames both.

All right. I checked everything about her parry. The f43xxParry works on u2/u3 which are 10 frames or slower. 9 and faster u2/u3s if done at the first possible frame beat it out. Shao khan's are 9 frames both.
Oh I did not check if the start frame is different by character I thought it is standard sry.
But opponent can miss 1 frame and thats also enough lol.

What do you mean? Like 124 xx parry for example- doesn’t that beat flawless block punish off the 4?
That's what I meant. If there are slower counters you will need to.know the matchup where you can do it for sure..nothing worse than you read the flawless block but still got hit.
Maybe 1.3 will solve it. :)

You were right e.g. Scorpion has 9F u3 but 13F u2 lol.
So Scorpion is much better to go with gaps.
So need to know the matchup well

Last edited:

Wrath0594

I don´t get the point of the 2 slots slow/quick bloodball:
Same damage, high,...only modifies the speed, 2 slots for that? C´mon, NRS. I love the bloodsuck bf4 finisher of this variation, but the other move it´s absurd
Eh, slow ball is cool? Lets you approach... Yeah, they’re meh. But other characters got moves worse than base ones (Johnny’s camera) so I’ll take it?
NRS... Get it together.