What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Blood Flow is amazing. You're basically like Guile from Street Fighter when you have meter. Throw the slow one and walk up behind that bitch or throw out more projectiles.

My only concern is that Skarlet is very one dimensional. She only has one real combo which she can only use every so often. No real up close pressure.

She literally has no real variety. But it's whatever. I still enjoy it. She's just a basic bitch. =P
And that’s a glaring weakness right there.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I’m
Please someone explain to me the point of the move that makes you loose more health than your opponent :eek:
assuming some kind of mind game. Maybe. I’ve been trying to make sense of it.
At full screen when I have a health advantage and we’re back to dull screen I toss an orb and do it....hardly lol

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Does her throw brutality have to be unlocked in the krypt before it actually works like it did in the Beta or are the inputs different now?

Blood Sacrifice is basically a check mate after a throw in the corner with minimal health left. But so is the blood tentacle so I don't really know what the point is.

Anyone got good corner combos from 2,1,2 and b+3,4?

Also what's the deal with being able to cancel 1,2,4 if you hit the special during a very specific window shortly before 4 comes out? Is that a leftover from the pre launch versions, they weren't completely able to patch out?

Pretty sure they removed 3-hit string's cancel window on hit 3, but somehow it still works sometimes. Feels like a 1-frame link though.

I’m

assuming some kind of mind game. Maybe. I’ve been trying to make sense of it.
At full screen when I have a health advantage and we’re back to dull screen I toss an orb and do it....hardly lol
I think they just needed to put a "bad" ability to have the 3 slots. :)
Nobody would use it anyway as others are more competitive.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Blood Sacrifice is basically a check mate after a throw in the corner with minimal health left. But so is the blood tentacle so I don't really know what the point is.

Anyone got good corner combos from 2,1,2 and b+3,4?

Also what's the deal with being able to cancel 1,2,4 if you hit the special during a very specific window shortly before 4 comes out? Is that a leftover from the pre launch versions, they weren't completely able to patch out?

Pretty sure they removed 3-hit string's cancel window on hit 3, but somehow it still works sometimes. Feels like a 1-frame link though.
In the corner you can do 212 4bf3amp 44[ender]. I say [ender] because I play Heart Pierce and its db4 for me, but you could do CS.

After B34, you can do 212 44[ender]

E

Eldriken

Does her throw brutality have to be unlocked in the krypt before it actually works like it did in the Beta or are the inputs different now?
It has to be unlocked and it's different now. You have to land 3 throws in the final round and then hold forward like in the beta.

Nonsence, Skarlet has punishes, and definitely has combos and good damage, she is all about that neutral
Fill me in on this. What punishes does she have besides 212 and 124? Can you get hit with a d2 if you try to punish with 124?

What are her combos? I either do 212 212 44~db4 or 212 212 44~db2 for wakeup pressure. It doesn't seem like 124 leads to much midscreen or in the corner. You have b13 212 44~db4 in the corner (I think). Are these the most optimal ones?

She definitely seems to be all about trying to keep her distance and punishing you, but it seems like that's about it. I'm struggling to think of what kind of tech may be discovered for her.

She's my main and will remain that way, but I very much feel that she's one-dimensional, which is okay. But I think she'll be one of the easier MUs in the game to figure out.

I know, just sayin Blood sacrifice is defo non compétitive abilty by its concept and that weird they put this in tournament variation
You could always use it to eat some health if you’re really close to getting fatal blow. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. But I do agree outside of maybe some very niche situations it’s an odd choice for a competitive variation.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It has to be unlocked and it's different now. You have to land 3 throws in the final round and then hold forward like in the beta.

Fill me in on this. What punishes does she have besides 212 and 124? Can you get hit with a d2 if you try to punish with 124?

What are her combos? I either do 212 212 44~db4 or 212 212 44~db2 for wakeup pressure. It doesn't seem like 124 leads to much midscreen or in the corner. You have b13 212 44~db4 in the corner (I think). Are these the most optimal ones?

She definitely seems to be all about trying to keep her distance and punishing you, but it seems like that's about it. I'm struggling to think of what kind of tech may be discovered for her.

She's my main and will remain that way, but I very much feel that she's one-dimensional, which is okay. But I think she'll be one of the easier MUs in the game to figure out.
She is very straight forward no too much complexity of a character, i actually like that.
And she does definitely has techs, i feel like Heart Piece has a lot more to it than Blood Drive, which is what i assume you guys are playing.
But this game is so well placed under certain rules that what you put out, its exactly what you will collect.

I see a lot of people complaining about her standing 2 being a high, while this is true, its among the best ranged combo starters with no meter in the game, and if one is playing with low profiling moves, then maybe the Skarlet players complaining are the ones being too dimentional.
F2 and F4 reach as mids and have an amazing reach to deal with low profilers, and one can't simply walk in on Skarlet when she has that blood tentacle going, that amazing walkspeed, and every reason in the world to punish people trying to press buttons inside her range which is far superior than many characters trying to play neutral.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
Not sure if this was stated but Skarlet's b2 and b4 makes some great mind games in the corner or mid-screen.

If in this corner your playing mind games and they think your gonna use a b2 mix it up and use a b34 for a combo.

Rinse and repeat. Of course be wary of the wakeups.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
Can Blood Trail be special canceled in a string?

For example: 12 - Blood Trail ?

Can d4 be special canceled? I know you can block the tentacle after a d4.

Masta

Noob
Can you kill with Blood ritual?

Both variations are good but the.parry remains her best spécial.

I recently played Heart Pierce and that definetly the best variation: its versatile, tp is useful in many matchup, Skarlet lacking of fast mid her parry helps her against mashers, you have better meter management. Only cons would be that its easier to get his health back with siphon, and siphon offers you some guaranteed punish and far anti air (great vs air specials)

But at the end playing both will be mandatory

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Sorry if there is already a thread about it but I didn't see it. Where are we on BnBs?
Combos I use (with Blood Drive):

Midscreen:
212 212 44 bf4-amplified
212 212 44 db4
212 212 f4 bf4-amplified
212 212 f2 bf4-amplified
f43 bf4-amplified
124 db4
212 212 Fatal Blow

Corner:
B34 44 bf4-amplified
B34 212 44 bf4-amplified
B34 212 212 Fatal Blow
212 4 bf3-amplified 44 bf4-amplified

Does anyone else think Skarlet kinda sucks? She has long startups which always end up getting kountered and in the corner makes it very hard to kontest anything, her projectiles start-up seems to be longer than most so i end up getting zoned instead of doing the zoning, and she only has a couple strings which don't lead to that much damage. What is she good for if she doesn't have high/low mixups, has crappy zoning, and is very punishable?

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
Does anyone else think Skarlet kinda sucks? She has long startups which always end up getting kountered and in the corner makes it very hard to kontest anything, her projectiles start-up seems to be longer than most so i end up getting zoned instead of doing the zoning, and she only has a couple strings which don't lead to that much damage. What is she good for if she doesn't have high/low mixups, has crappy zoning, and is very punishable?
Ummmmmmmmm wtf? I don't mean to be rude but a character doesn't need highs and lows and mixups to be a great character.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
Secondly. Just cause she dosen't have mixups makes her even a harder character to fight with. I've had tons of success online with Skarlet playing mindgames with simply B4 and B2.