Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Are u on xbl or ps
I can recommend good MMH to try, I agree w cowboy about it being 7-3 MMH

MMH wins footsies
Zoning
Counter zoning
Hard to charge trait
Chip war (MMH full screen traited up does 2.5 and 2.2% chip on specials when zoning)
Beats him in damage
Punishes arachnid for 42%
All valid points. Just want to point out that cowboy actually listed it at 4-6 above, not 3-7. His only 3-7 is aquaman. No big deal though.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
All valid points. Just want to point out that cowboy actually listed it at 4-6 above, not 3-7. His only 3-7 is aquaman. No big deal though.
I could agree w either 4-6 /3-7

I trust his judgement in that MU

And glad he sees the ZOD sinestro MU no correctly, now all he has to do is play Dave to show Dave this theory fighting stuff ZOD players are doing will not work against him.

Trust me, I've spent hours figuring out ways to beat cowboy these last 3 weeks and it only got harder. I picked MMH and did 15-19% combos and did interestingly better lol

Still lost the 4-5 games we did MMH vs sinestro but I don't know the character at all and it felt insanely easier than ZOD vs sinestro

Not my problem other sinestro players feel it's 5-5 , makes me happy actually and gives me hope

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
No. He has no answer to cupcakes if she is at the right distance. They keep her at advantage and do more damage than anything Sinestro has.
Could be

I wanna play him w MY shite sinestro and see how it goes

Will post video

I love ZOD vs harley and curious about how sinestro feels now comparison

IMO 6-4 ZOD vs harley

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
d2 actually doesn't punish iaDG unless it's sloppy. Fear blast can work depending on the spacing but you risk losing 41% if you're wrong.
D2 will punish even an instant demigoddess. The only thing that could throw it off is if you are walking back when you block it, which sometimes puts her out of range. FB works every time.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
WoundCowboy I'm doing it right now in training mode and d2 won't work if it's done with proper spacing. From the starting position if she backdashes and does iaDG d2 gets blocked, even if I wait until the last second to block it. Reversal FB is getting blocked as well. It has more pushback if it's done from that distance. The d2 check is probably free if she does anything but backdash after, though.

Edit: Also if he does d2~arachnid the arachnid whiffs and she can punish.

Last edited:

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
WoundCowboy I'm doing it right now in training mode and d2 won't work if it's done with proper spacing. From the starting position if she backdashes and does iaDG d2 gets blocked, even if I wait until the last second to block it. Reversal FB is getting blocked as well. It has more pushback if it's done from that distance. The d2 check is probably free if she does anything but backdash after, though.
Hm, ill test it more. But if she is doing them THAT low then she can be hit out of it fairly easily. Most WW players try to do it to get over FB, but i am not sure if it would go over FB when it's that low.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Yeah, iaDG is still not very useful in the match-up anyway. WW is better off just walking and blocking to get in.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Since this forum is dead I thought I should post my MU chart and get a discussion going. We can help each other level up. Note that I feel this game, even though it's almost a year old, is still not fully fleshed out and MU numbers can change over time. For example we used to think Sinestro destroyed Zod but now most believe it's closer to even or 6-4. I used to think Doomsday mopped up Sinestro but now I think Sinestro can definitely win.

Aquaman 3-7
Bane 6-4
Batgirl 5-5
Batman 5-5
Ares 5-5
Cyborg 7-3
Black Adam 5-5
Catwoman 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Doomsday 5-5
Flash 5-5
GL 7-3
GA 6-4
Harley 5-5
Hawkgirl 7-3
Joker 6-4
KF 4-6
Lex 7-3
Lobo 6-4
MMH 3-7
NW 5.5-4.5
Raven 5-5
Scorpion 4-6
Shazam 6-4
Grundy 5-5
Superman 6-4
Wonder Woman 5-5
Zatana 4-6
Zod 5-5

What do you guys think? Too much downplaying? Too much upplaying? If you disagree with the numbers tell me why and we can discuss and we can all learn and level up.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Since this forum is dead I thought I should post my MU chart and get a discussion going. We can help each other level up. Note that I feel this game, even though it's almost a year old, is still not fully fleshed out and MU numbers can change over time. For example we used to think Sinestro destroyed Zod but now most believe it's closer to even or 6-4. I used to think Doomsday mopped up Sinestro but now I think Sinestro can definitely win.

Aquaman 3-7
Bane 6-4
Batgirl 5-5
Batman 5-5
Ares 5-5
Cyborg 7-3
Black Adam 5-5
Catwoman 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Doomsday 5-5
Flash 5-5
GL 7-3
GA 6-4
Harley 5-5
Hawkgirl 7-3
Joker 6-4
KF 4-6
Lex 7-3
Lobo 6-4
MMH 3-7
NW 5.5-4.5
Raven 5-5
Scorpion 4-6
Shazam 6-4
Grundy 5-5
Superman 6-4
Wonder Woman 5-5
Zatana 4-6
Zod 5-5

What do you guys think? Too much downplaying? Too much upplaying? If you disagree with the numbers tell me why and we can discuss and we can all learn and level up.
I'd change NW to 7-3, Martian to 4-6, CW to 6-4, Zod to 6-4, and possibly DD to 6-4. Other than that it looks good.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'd change NW to 7-3, Martian to 4-6, CW to 6-4, Zod to 6-4, and possibly DD to 6-4. Other than that it looks good.
I think the Sinestro vs. Zod match is even and could, in fact, be in Zod's favor on a couple of stages.

Sinestro can do nothing about instant aerial Zod balls, but the execution has yet to be mastered.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I think the Sinestro vs. Zod match is even and could, in fact, be in Zod's favor on a couple of stages.

Sinestro can do nothing about instant aerial Zod balls, but the execution has yet to be mastered.
Zod balls are definitely annoying, but Zod has to pick his spots well. They have alot more start up than Sinestro's specials.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Zod balls are definitely annoying, but Zod has to pick his spots well. They have alot more start up than Sinestro's specials.
They do, but Sinestro's recovery on most special moves is fairly long allowing the Zod player to perform balls in certain situations and force trades, which waste recharge time for the trait.

Zod has issues when Sinestro has the life lead and trait. On the other hand, Sinestro has issues when Zod has the life lead and is constantly spamming instant aerial Zod balls. That is why the first 5-10 seconds of the fight are so important since neither character can break down the other defensively.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
They do, but Sinestro's recovery on most special moves is fairly long allowing the Zod player to perform balls in certain situations and force trades, which waste recharge time for the trait.

Zod has issues when Sinestro has the life lead and trait. On the other hand, Sinestro has issues when Zod has the life lead and is constantly spamming instant aerial Zod balls. That is why the first 5-10 seconds of the fight are so important since neither character can break down the other defensively.
True. Like you said, alot of MUs are decided early in this game. If he is down, Sinestro has to start vortexing.

RIF

Noob

Aquaman 3-7
Bane 6-4
Batgirl 5-5
Batman 5-5
Ares 5-5
Cyborg 7-3
Black Adam 5-5
Catwoman 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Doomsday 5-5
Flash 5-5
GL 7-3
GA 6-4
Harley 5-5
Hawkgirl 7-3
Joker 6-4
KF 4-6
Lex 7-3
Lobo 6-4
MMH 3-7
NW 5.5-4.5
Raven 5-5
Scorpion 4-6
Shazam 6-4
Grundy 5-5
Superman 6-4
Wonder Woman 5-5
Zatana 4-6
Zod 5-5

After playing a long set against Shujinkydink and Kinetic Balding, I have changed my MMH number BACK to 3-7 in MMH's favor.

Bane might become a 5-5 in the near future.

I think Lobo is still too early to tell, but it feels like a 5-5. Lobo has plenty of tools to deal with B12. He can punish FB with nuclear shells. His forward dash goes under FB. Damage trades are in his favor.

GL is a 6-4 at worst.
I believe Superman & Zatanna are 5-5 match-ups.

MrSoloLobo

I feel like the NW matchup depends on who gets the life lead first and sits back. However, I feel like it's easier for Sinestro to get something going so that's why I gave it 5.5-4.5 Sinestro. Is there something I'm missing?

Martian is tough because his zoning is hard to deal with and you can't really zone or get trait as much as you'd like to. I rely more on the vortex in this MU and hope he blocks incorrectly. Maybe I can agree with 4-6 then since Sinestro has the vortex.

I used to think Sinestro-CW was 6-4 up until this past weekend. I was playing at one of our locals here in AZ and we have a CW and he was giving me trouble. I don't know how to deal with her j2. I want to anti-air her just on instinct but d2 gets stuffed or doesn't hit her if her j2 is spaced properly. Her oki game is crazy too. I can kinda agree on 6-4 though.

Zod is also life-lead dependent and I'm starting to think his trait recharges way too often. Something I started doing is try to save my trait for as long as I can so I can keep him out when he gets his trait but I would rather use my trait to make myself safe.

Doomsday is really annoying. How do you deal with his trait his all his plus frames from MB Venom and 33? It seems like he ALWAYS has meter so he can always MB Venom.

MrSoloLobo

After playing a long set against Shujinkydink and Kinetic Balding, I have changed my MMH number BACK to 3-7 in MMH's favor.

Bane might become a 5-5 in the near future.

I think Lobo is still too early to tell, but it feels like a 5-5. Lobo has plenty of tools to deal with B12. He can punish FB with nuclear shells. His forward dash goes under FB. Damage trades are in his favor.

GL is a 6-4 at worst.
I believe Superman & Zatanna are 5-5 match-ups.
Yeah Bane could be 5-5 soon since people are starting to play him at a way higher level and his oki and damage are insane. Haven't played many Lobo players but when I do play it, it feels more in Sinestro's favor. Maybe I need to play better Lobos? There aren't many though. GL can be zoned out super easily and trait charge is pretty much free in this MU. Same with Superman, he has to work hard to get in and his zoning is so slow so he can't really punish you for trying to charge trait either. Zat may possibly be 5-5 but just like Lobo I haven't had much exp in the MU. From the experience I do have, it feels like it's in her favor.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I feel like the NW matchup depends on who gets the life lead first and sits back. However, I feel like it's easier for Sinestro to get something going so that's why I gave it 5.5-4.5 Sinestro. Is there something I'm missing?

Martian is tough because his zoning is hard to deal with and you can't really zone or get trait as much as you'd like to. I rely more on the vortex in this MU and hope he blocks incorrectly. Maybe I can agree with 4-6 then since Sinestro has the vortex.

I used to think Sinestro-CW was 6-4 up until this past weekend. I was playing at one of our locals here in AZ and we have a CW and he was giving me trouble. I don't know how to deal with her j2. I want to anti-air her just on instinct but d2 gets stuffed or doesn't hit her if her j2 is spaced properly. Her oki game is crazy too. I can kinda agree on 6-4 though.

Zod is also life-lead dependent and I'm starting to think his trait recharges way too often. Something I started doing is try to save my trait for as long as I can so I can keep him out when he gets his trait but I would rather use my trait to make myself safe.

Doomsday is really annoying. How do you deal with his trait his all his plus frames from MB Venom and 33? It seems like he ALWAYS has meter so he can always MB Venom.
I played a ton of games with 16 Bit while I was in Chicago and I definitely think it is in Sinestro's favor. Sinestro can D2 her Jip 2 from all but max range and even when he can't she gets no mix up off of it because the low will not reach from that range. The best thing to do with her is to walk back and charge trait since she has a difficult time stopping it: her walk speed sucks.

The jury is out on Zod, maybe it will be 5-5. I do know that Sinestro's trait nullifies zod's though.

DD: His problem is that he can NEVER avoid eating chip because of his giant hitbox. Sure he gets in, but he doesn't have any real mixups outside of his throw. He also cannot use D1 earthshaker outside of the corner because Sinestro can full combo punish it. DD is one of the few characters that does less damage then Sinestro.