What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro Matchup Discussion

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
5-5, 4-6, and...either 5-5 or 6-4. Grundy gets one hit + chip trait, the match is drastically different. If I HAD to pick, I would opt for 5-5.
Actually I was really hesitant on that number because of that exactly. I can see that being 5-5 as well.

But for the flash I cant see it being 5-5 but I get bodied by the flash no matter who I use so I guess I need to learn how to fight him.

RIF

Noob
Actually I was really hesitant on that number because of that exactly. I can see that being 5-5 as well.

But for the flash I cant see it being 5-5 but I get bodied by the flash no matter who I use so I guess I need to learn how to fight him.
Flash is the Bane of my existence. Wound gave me some good advice, but I can't tell if it's just me not being able to fight the character or online. He gets in for free. Spacing is very important in that match-up. I cannot seem to get a good feel for where I need to be.

I play a very good Flash online and the sets are usually 10-5 or 10-6 him. The pushblock tech really would have been nice against Flash.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Hey guys how much trouble does Nightwings wing dings give you and what would you say your best options are to stop it is?

RIF

Noob
Hey guys how much trouble does Nightwings wing dings give you and what would you say your best options are to stop it is?
Boulder and Fear Blast are the best options. I am not certain if you can dash under it.

It can cause problems if it's properly spaced as I believe it comes out faster. Changing the timing on the MB delay can be annoying.

Not certain if Wing Dings outdamages boulders.

Last edited:

macro

Eezeepeezee
They do out damage boulders also i'm just thinking of what the best way is for Nightwing to get in is with pressure for sinestro.
And it seems like i can bait the boulder with wing dings because i can make Nightwing go above the FBs so then i can get in for
free after dashing the boulder. Then it's time for prussrue. Also ground spark does go under the FBs to, and if i MB it i get two
dashes if you block it or not.

RIF

Noob
why do sinestro players do that jump 3/axe mix up instead of just doing a string into trait?

For the Vortex. There are certain match-ups where keeping the opponent in the Vortex is preferable to building trait.

You will see many Sinestro players using F2D13 after 1 or 2 reps of the Vortex.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
For the Vortex. There are certain match-ups where keeping the opponent in the Vortex is preferable to building trait. F2D13 is a great string for building trait. You will see many Sinestro players using this after 1 or 2 reps of the Vortex.
yes but the vortex can be blocked on reaction kinda easy. altho after both im sure sienstro still as the advantage. but im sure sinestro players want to be full screen rather than in front of the opponent,

RIF

Noob
yes but the vortex can be blocked on reaction kinda easy. altho after both im sure sienstro still as the advantage. but im sure sinestro players want to be full screen rather than in front of the opponent,
It depends. Against MMH, I don't want to be full screen. The vortex needs to be properly spaced and set up correctly before it will confuse the opponent. Watch @P2W use it at FR to great success. It can be very ambiguous.

I've started doing B13, 3, J2, B2, Shackles, 1B23 from time to time. This grants Sinestro another jump-in mixup with J1. It can come out in front or behind depending on the arc. Yes, you have to deal wake-ups so it's not as good the standard vortex, but it's still very good.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3

You should not be using his projectiles too much against the Flash. B12 outfootsies all if his options and he has a hard time stopping the trait charge without taking risks. This is definitely a mu i would vortex more in.

Anyone that thinks sinestros vortex is block able on reaction has not played me.

There is WAY more to it than what is commonly known. WAY more.

It depends. Against MMH, I don't want to be full screen. The vortex needs to be properly spaced and set up correctly before it will confuse the opponent. Watch @P2W use it at FR to great success. It can be very ambiguous.

I've started doing B13, 3, J2, B2, Shackles, 1B23 from time to time. This grants Sinestro another jump-in mixup with J1. It can come out in front or behind depending on the arc. Yes, you have to deal wake-ups so it's not as good the standard vortex, but it's still very good.
This is also good Bc it can reverse wake ups and doesn't allow for auto correct.

For ex. Frost or batgirl. (Among others) finish with 1b23 dash and just jump over. Land and whiff punish their wake up slide or cartwheel with b1 for full combo.

Sinestros vortex has an incredible amount of depth. Like I said. The straight forward one is sometimes block able on reaction but that version sucks.

Wish I could post everything I know but I like winning lol

Why would we want to show the world how to beat us!!!!!????

You should not be using his projectiles too much against the Flash. B12 outfootsies all if his options and he has a hard time stopping the trait charge without taking risks. This is definitely a mu i would vortex more in.
Ya watch me vs Harold in top 8 at final round. I got him to respect mb fear and trait is a must to have any chance in this match.

Harold and I both agreed that flash wins 6-4 vs sinestro but it is winnable.

Did u put the ring back on or what? Still playing in puddles?

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Anyone that thinks sinestros vortex is block able on reaction has not played me.

There is WAY more to it than what is commonly known. WAY more.
the jump 3/air axe is completely block able on reaction so what other vortex do you do?