What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro Matchup Discussion

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
I don't agree. The air axe comes out in 18 frames and if you set it up right, the mixup becomes ambiguous.
the start up frames are 18 but the air axe isnt instant. what i do is i just watch his movement if he keeps moving in the air i block the crossup. if i see him stop(air axe) then i block low. if i can block it online ive been told its easier to block things on reaction in offline.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
the start up frames are 18 but the air axe isnt instant. what i do is i just watch his movement if he keeps moving in the air i block the crossup. if i see him stop(air axe) then i block low. if i can block it online ive been told its easier to block things on reaction in offline.
I've played several people who were skeptical and they now agree with me. And like I said, it's not about the speed of the move: it's how deep you do the JIP 2 and the angle at which you air axe or jip 3. The other thing that makes it harder is how blocking works in this game. You can see something, fuzzy it, and still get hit because it takes a frame or two to transition your blocking animation.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
What do you guys do vs Lobo? His amazing forward dash seems to make zoning near impossible, he has pretty good (albeit somewhat unsafe) footsie tools, and obviously dominates Sinestro up close. I'm particularly confused about what to do in the neutral game.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
What do you guys do vs Lobo? His amazing forward dash seems to make zoning near impossible, he has pretty good (albeit somewhat unsafe) footsie tools, and obviously dominates Sinestro up close. I'm particularly confused about what to do in the neutral game.
That can be a tough match up. If the opponent is dashing forward constantly use a naked shackles. It stops him dead in his tracks and allows you to charge trait.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Hey guys i was wondering if there were any sinestro players on xbl that want to play against my lex & shazam....he's an awful match for both characters so i want to get used to the match up.

My xbl is imblackjames

ando1184

Noob
Can you guys tell me what the GA vs Sinestro Matchup is? It seems really in Sinestro's favor at times and I would like to know inputs from the other side of the field?

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Can you guys tell me what the GA vs Sinestro Matchup is? It seems really in Sinestro's favor at times and I would like to know inputs from the other side of the field?
6-4 Sinestro. If GA gets in, GA can do some work especially in the corner. But the problem is getting in. Sinestro zones out GA and can outfootsie him so it can be difficult to GA. The only reason it isn't worse is because Sinestro and GA are comparable in damage output.

ando1184

Noob
6-4 Sinestro. If GA gets in, GA can do some work especially in the corner. But the problem is getting in. Sinestro zones out GA and can outfootsie him so it can be difficult to GA. The only reason it isn't worse is because Sinestro and GA are comparable in damage output.
Thanks for the response :)

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Add me on xbl: Stuka.
Do you have any tips on the lobo matchup? Seems very hard to zone him due to his amazing forward dash (you can try raw shackles but one wrong guess and he's in). And in footsie range he out ranges b1 with low chain. Low chains unsafe (-16), but only punishable by a fear blast (unless he's dumb enough to do it point blank) and if he lands it once you have to take his knockdown mixups and your lifebar might be gone. Can't just crouch block either due to hook charge (unsafe but pretty good reward for lobo in terms of follow up knockdown mixups).

I try j2 and air axing a lot bc his anti air stinks and that forces him to preemptively j1 (which is good for sin) but idk what else to do :(

Thanks in advance!

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Can anyone tell me why the Manhunter MU is supposedly 4-6 to some people. Unless I'm missing something (maybe it's the b1 range I've heard been talked about) it feels like MMH dominates every pixel of the screen. The only saving grace in this MU that I can see is the vortex shenanigans. Obviously trait would help in this MU but I feel that trait is very hard to get out against MMH. This is a very troubling MU and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Can anyone tell me why the Manhunter MU is supposedly 4-6 to some people. Unless I'm missing something (maybe it's the b1 range I've heard been talked about) it feels like MMH dominates every pixel of the screen. The only saving grace in this MU that I can see is the vortex shenanigans. Obviously trait would help in this MU but I feel that trait is very hard to get out against MMH. This is a very troubling MU and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Never mind I think I know why

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Doesn't Sinestro just YOLO jump vortex reset until it works? Throw in a barrage of fear balls or whatever?

I'm kidding. That's just what it looks like watching a Sinestro match usually. It's like a never-ending full circle.

Kinda like f23 breath f23 breath until you get winded.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Doesn't Sinestro just YOLO jump vortex reset until it works? Throw in a barrage of fear balls or whatever?

I'm kidding. That's just what it looks like watching a Sinestro match usually. It's like a never-ending full circle.

Kinda like f23 breath f23 breath until you get winded.
Or you can charge trait and say screw the vortex ;). At least for me I like to vortex until the person guesses right because if it ain't broke don't fix it

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I think I've played Sinestro like once, and that was back when he was pretty garbage.

I don't find him very entertaining to watch. I'm not sure why. So many fear balls and little lightning strikes. Haven't played against him much though either.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
:eek:Does Sinestro have an inescapable batcave reset with the rockets?

Sorry if this is wrong or you guys have tried this bfore but I set the computer to jump and they get hit when done correctly. Idk mayb im just trippn but the concept is you end a corner combo in schackles jf.1,1b2 gets blocked,press interactable,fire trait shot, to keep them in blockstun they get hit you get full combo

End corner combo in schackles jf1,1b2,interactable,trait shot, f.dash,b3,jf3,b1,bgb,jf2,b12,schackles, etc.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
what do you guys think of the superman matchup? do you think its even or in favor of sinestro and why?
I personally think its even. Both have good ranging normals in sin's b1 and supes' f2. Sin has his vortex which is always deadly, and supes has very good bnb damage that also wall carries to where he shines in the corner. At fullscreen although sin can beat out any attempt to laser on the ground (be it heat zap or the sweeping laser), supes can jump any fear blast attempt by sin and punish with lasers if fullscreen or if close enough full combo punish. If sin reads a jump fullscreen by supes he can impact event (the meteor) it. But supes can always air dash the meteor and punish the same way as on a wiffed FB. Both characters have options against each other and its all about who gets their game going first. If sin can make the right zoning reads and get him into the vortex, the sin player will probably win. But if supes can make the right zoning reads and gets his high combo/ corner game going, then the supes player will probably win. And finally, as with any sin matchup, sin getting his trait out is a huge boost. Sin with trait can zone freely, wakeup freely, apply pretty good presure, and can basically do whatever he wants. Supes has to make sure that sin doesnt get his trait out, or else the tide of the match will turn in sin's favor. Just my 2 cents on this matchup.

I personally think its even. Both have good ranging normals in sin's b1 and supes' f2. Sin has his vortex which is always deadly, and supes has very good bnb damage that also wall carries to where he shines in the corner. At fullscreen although sin can beat out any attempt to laser on the ground (be it heat zap or the sweeping laser), supes can jump any fear blast attempt by sin and punish with lasers if fullscreen or if close enough full combo punish. If sin reads a jump fullscreen by supes he can impact event (the meteor) it. But supes can always air dash the meteor and punish the same way as on a wiffed FB. Both characters have options against each other and its all about who gets their game going first. If sin can make the right zoning reads and get him into the vortex, the sin player will probably win. But if supes can make the right zoning reads and gets his high combo/ corner game going, then the supes player will probably win. And finally, as with any sin matchup, sin getting his trait out is a huge boost. Sin with trait can zone freely, wakeup freely, apply pretty good presure, and can basically do whatever he wants. Supes has to make sure that sin doesnt get his trait out, or else the tide of the match will turn in sin's favor. Just my 2 cents on this matchup.
Thank you