What's new

General/Other Sinestro is done.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
scorpion is just gona get better once people actually play the character instead of just spamming tele. Its so fast you're almost stuck in crouch. It's like KF slide where it just opens the rest of his game up

I just wanted to take a moment to say that your signature is godlike.

On topic, I sadly haven't seen Scorp yet since my PS3 is refusing to update for some reason, but I feel like Sinestro kind of already needed a secondary to compete vs KF and Batgirl. Just means we'll have to pull out that secondary vs Scorpion as well.

ty kind sir, and as someone who has been facerolling scorp online all day... I suggest you pick up Doomsday. Armored, rush-down characters are the only ones who give him trouble (IMO). Throwing a projectile at scorpion is suicide.

Im sorry, play Grundy vs Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Black Adam, Nightwing etc. then bitch about something. Now you have one character whose special counters zoning and your crying a river.

Close this stupid fuckin thread please.

grundy superman isn't terrible at worst its 7-3 but more likely a 6-4. Batman is possibly in grundy's favor just have to play smart. Aquaman is 5-5 at worst. Black adam is probably 8-2 nightwing grundy has an advantage against.

But yes having one horrible matchup can shut down a characters viability. Because even an average player can usually beat a very good player in a 9-1 or 10-0 matchup. Marvel vs capcom 1 had zangief wrecking some of the top tier characters but he had a 10-0 match against venom and war machine making him not viable. You didn't have to be good to beat zangief with those characters.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
grundy superman isn't terrible at worst its 7-3 but more likely a 6-4. Batman is possibly in grundy's favor just have to play smart. Aquaman is 5-5 at worst. Black adam is probably 8-2 nightwing grundy has an advantage against.

But yes having one horrible matchup can shut down a characters viability. Because even an average player can usually beat a very good player in a 9-1 or 10-0 matchup. Marvel vs capcom 1 had zangief wrecking some of the top tier characters but he had a 10-0 match against venom and war machine making him not viable. You didn't have to be good to beat zangief with those characters.
Superman destroys Grundy, Batmans heavy rushdown with an idiotic Ji2, an enormous amount of ungrabable strings also destroys Grundy. Black Adam destroys Grundy, all Nightwing needs to do is keep away all day.

Superman destroys Grundy, Batmans heavy rushdown with an idiotic Ji2, an enormous amount of ungrabable strings also destroys Grundy. Black Adam destroys Grundy, all Nightwing needs to do is keep away all day.

What an eloquent and intelligently written post. Guess I should take your word for it. No superman doesn't destroy grundy. Trait gives him issues but his zoning doesn't work well due to WCC. Nightwing can't keep away from grundy all day. In escrima you just WCC his wing dings and get your free combo and in staff stance you just... actually I'll let you figure out the trick to beating staff stance. Batman has safe rush down for the most part but it usually starts with a jump and even with bats covering him grundy can grab him if not timed perfectly. He really isn't as ungrabbable as you say either I beat batmans using mb trait often. I did well against foreverking with grundy vs batman so either I'm godlike or the match isn't as bad as you think. Black adam is the only one who destroys grundy out of your list and thats due to no answer for the dive kick. You really should drop grundy you obviously don't kow how to play him.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I summon @pigofthehut how have you dealed with scorpions?!
When he MB teleports I push block (trade bar for bar)

I punish the other teleports always ending in shackles to a cross up setup or trait. W trait sinestro controls the match but until then scorpion completely dictates the speed of the match

Honestly I rush him down

Idk what the MU is but I wanna play perfect legend scorpion tomorrow

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
scorpion is just gona get better once people actually play the character instead of just spamming tele. Its so fast you're almost stuck in crouch. It's like KF slide where it just opens the rest of his game up
And when ppl actually start to play scorpion for real, i want to see how easely his tele will be baited, because i can already see ppl getting hell fired or speared instead when they try to bait out teles. even dashing backwards and picking an interactable will have to be carefully planned.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
There could not be a better anti sinestro character ever imagined. My only advice is that tele can be blocked by holding down. Straight down.

Honestly. Scorpion will COMPLETELY counter any inkling of zoning in this game. At least batgirls thing is punishable.

Rip sinestro.

Pig Of The Hut. U can re open that sinestro is dead thread.

I will eat my words if someone proves me wrong.
I mentioned this in the match up discussion thread I don't know if a whole new thread was really necessary, Regardless, Scorpion is definitely a really bad match up for Sinestro. The best way to fight him is to be really patients and crouch block. Then when Scorpion tries to hellfire, jump, you can jump it on reaction. This is definitely a bad match up but Sinestro is not dead. It's only been one day and it's not as bad as you make it seem.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Nah, man, you're totally not overreacting or anything. One bad matchup makes a character absolutely unusable. Yup. Definitely. It's also perfectly okay to jump to conclusions the day a character is released.
As long as you admit it's day one conclusions because thats the same thing as speculation. New tech will be found and Scorpion will be easier to fight.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Ow no i cant stand in the corner and press df1 to win the match anymore.
Give me a break, you'd always block the cross up teleport if you were holding forward the entire match actually approaching your opponent #salt

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Batgirl was not that bad because you could turtle her and wait for an opening, Scorpion though has hellfire. That's my biggest annoyance you always have to keep moving/jump while expecting the teleport. I likely don't know the match and will adjust later I'm sure, but he's more than annoying at this point. Especially online in lag. Which I know doesn't matter to all you pros but it does matter to us scrubs that have no scene.

JLG

Noob
grundy superman isn't terrible at worst its 7-3 but more likely a 6-4.
Superman's trait doesn't just give Grundy problems, it wrecks Grundy's gameplan. The trait is available so quickly and buffs all damage, so Grundy can't afford to be trading with it; He will get wrecked.

Add in the fact that Superman's rushdown is fast enough and safe enough to interrupt pretty much whatever Grundy throws out or Superman can just meter burn zone him, and the matchup starts to look extremely lopsided.

Sorry about your Scorpion problems, though. I hope you guys can figure a way around (or through) it.