General/Other Sinestro is done.

I think what seemed to be working was some mixture of the following:

- Waiting for the TP and blocking by pressing only down
- After a few of these, the Scorpion player begins to use Hellfire
- I NJ and punish wish shackles or well...anything

One of 2 things starts happening:

- They start doing JI3 which crosses-up...a lot
OR
- The come in and start using his low combo starter which I think doesn't do great damage

Now if I try to anti-air with D2, then air-tp me into a combo during the recovery. It's a guessing game.

I think this has been the only flowchart of things that seems to help. I am sure none of this works against a competent player that is using all of Scorpion's tools in rapid succession, but maybe there is something a better player can figure out that we can apply to this match-up. I just don't see Sinestro's best tools, Trait and FB having any place in this fight.

I also noticed that sometimes, Arachnid will beat the TP attack clean.
I mean if you get the chance to build up his trait it helps the match a LITTLE BIT but it's so rare to even have the opportunity to build it up. My main saving grace to sometimes get Scorpion off of me was either b213 or f2d13. I'm sure though in time tools/tech will be found to help with this matchup but for now it's tough as hell.

Reactions: RIF

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig, I respect your opinion, and agree 100%. (BTW...ty for the Batman tips, those really helped! :cool:)

I think this is his toughest match-up. Yes, it's early, and I am sure there's some tech that needs to be developed to combat him, but I don't see it being better than 7-3.

Even brain-dead Scorpion players give me all kinds of fits with just jump-tele with a random hellfire. I am not even sure you can bait it out. I can't get a second to charge trait. You can't really beat him up close. Scorpion has pretty damn good footsies. You can't FB. You can't shackle. You can't IE. You're forced to go toe to toe, and his attacks SEEM to outrange Sinestro's. Everything you do is punishable. Everything.

This may sound like salt, but this has soured me on the game a bit. I only really like 2-3 characters (Sinestro, Joker, Green Arrow), and of them, only Green Arrow does 'ok' against Scorpion.

The Sinestro-Grundy match-up is about 6-4 and is far more winnable for the Grundy player than Sinestro-Scorpion is for the Sinestro player.
i honestly think sinestro beats grundy and i can upload matches to help you out w it

I have not one f ing clue about scorpion w sinestro which is why im resorting to plan b

im awaiting the results of WoundCowboy and Perfect Legend to see if he has ANY f ing clue on what we can do. And yea me and PL will play this a lot more. His is they definition of a scorpion........jesus christ it was bad

RIF

Noob
i honestly think sinestro beats grundy and i can upload matches to help you out w it

I have not one f ing clue about scorpion w sinestro which is why im resorting to plan b

im awaiting the results of WoundCowboy and Perfect Legend to see if he has ANY f ing clue on what we can do. And yea me and PL will play this a lot more. His is they definition of a scorpion........jesus christ it was bad

Oh I agree he beats Grundy. I just think that match-up is far more winnable for the Grundy player than it is for the Sinestro player in the Scorpion match-up.

I hope a top level player figures something out because I have done A LOT of losing to Scorpion players over the last couple of days.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Oh I agree he beats Grundy. I just think that match-up is far more winnable for the Grundy player than it is for the Sinestro player in the Scorpion match-up.

I hope a top level player figures something out because I have done A LOT of losing to Scorpion players over the last couple of days.
im definitely not going to give up on it. Ill work overtime figuring it out

Ill post results and findings as i go

Reactions: RIF

well... we need to remember guys. When talking about matchups, you have to consider the BEST of that specific character. You need to talk about reos batman, toms aquaman, slips death stroke, tyrants grundy... et cetera. At mid level play, the matchup/tier list is just an excuse that players use. In AE, dhalsim had a alot of bad matchups (ibuki, viper, mak, et cetera) but I only lost to the BEST ibukis, vipers et cetera.

Now... i do well at majors and usually make top 16s. But now you have the evo champ and the 3rd place winner going at it. This is a fair representation of what the matchup is like. Regardless if its a week 1 scorp... carl can learn more about a character in a week than 90% of this site in one year.

This match is bad. So... there are people out there going "well everyone has really bad matchups so shut up and deal with it" Do you guys know what this means? the majority of matches will be won and lost at the character select screen... just like mk9. that sucks. i have always been a character loyalist and embraced over coming bad matchups. this does not apply in injustice. its rock paper scissors in high level tourney play now.

sad thing is... i played carl with frost and it was MUCH more even. thing is... i hate that f'ing character and she is not fun. honestly... before scorp, frost was sinestros (and a lot of others) hardest matchups. but it was winnable... scorp is unwinnable regardless when people say.

Pig Of The Hut
Perfect Legend
WoundCowboy
RiBBz22

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
well... we need to remember guys. When talking about matchups, you have to consider the BEST of that specific character. You need to talk about reos batman, toms aquaman, slips death stroke, tyrants grundy... et cetera. At mid level play, the matchup/tier list is just an excuse that players use. In AE, dhalsim had a alot of bad matchups (ibuki, viper, mak, et cetera) but I only lost to the BEST ibukis, vipers et cetera.

Now... i do well at majors and usually make top 16s. But now you have the evo champ and the 3rd place winner going at it. This is a fair representation of what the matchup is like. Regardless if its a week 1 scorp... carl can learn more about a character in a week than 90% of this site in one year.

This match is bad. So... there are people out there going "well everyone has really bad matchups so shut up and deal with it" Do you guys know what this means? the majority of matches will be won and lost at the character select screen... just like mk9. that sucks. i have always been a character loyalist and embraced over coming bad matchups. this does not apply in injustice. its rock paper scissors in high level tourney play now.

sad thing is... i played carl with frost and it was MUCH more even. thing is... i hate that f'ing character and she is not fun. honestly... before scorp, frost was sinestros (and a lot of others) hardest matchups. but it was winnable... scorp is unwinnable regardless when people say.

Pig Of The Hut
Perfect Legend
WoundCowboy
RiBBz22
Bro you need to learn to embrace the brokenness

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok guys, I just got out of the lab with my friend 2twothehead and there may be a glimmer of hope fighting against Scorpion.

Anytime Sinestro lands a d3, 223, or 1b23 into a hard knockdown he can take away all of Scorpion's wake up attacks. Simply jump over Scorpion's head and input axe of terror. This will allow you to punish all of his wake up attacks with a 27% combo (except leg takedown which will whiff setting both characters back to netural). The only way for Scorpion to escape this is block or use leg takedown....even his super move can be punished by this tactic.

More work in the lab needs to be done and this in no way significantly changes the match up. I am just clawing and scratching for anything I can get. Hey, it's a start.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
. This is as bad as AE yun vs DHALSIM. A good game is not polarized this much..
I didn't realize AE was a bad game too.

But srslyax, quit the game over one character. That would be the greatest thing in the world.

Also srsly, stinks that it's been 2 months and every character isn't fully fleshed out with all strategies and counters and traps. It's like a fighting game needs time and effort to evolve.

You've played a few matches and don't know how to fight scorpion. That's ok. Take some time, look at why you're losing, and work on ways to counter.

Or quit the game. Whatever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

regulas

Your Emporer
The only problem I see in this match-up is his Jump 3, and only because it can beat out d2 depending on the timing. I will admit it is a very awkward match-up because you can't play at all like you normally do, but Scorpion has very readable and punishable moves once you learn the animations well at least.