What's new

General/Other Sinestro is done.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok guys, I have new tech.

Anytime a hellfire is jumped on reaction from 3/4 screen or closer a follow up fear blast must be blocked. You can even be fullscreen and jump forward to avoid the hellfire then fear blast. Fear blast is safe on block from roughly 1/2 screen and further from Scorpion's reversal teleport punish. Anytime Scorpion attempts a reversal teleport punish after a blocked fear blast a mb fear blast will hit him out of his reversal attempt even from fullscreen for 7% damage + frame advantage.....zoink.

Bit by bit little by little....again I will post this in other threads to get the word out.

Back to the lab.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
This seems like the most appropriate place to ask - I'm not a Sinestro player, so I really have no clue - how does he fare already against teleporting characters? Do Batgirl and Ares already kick his ass too, for example?

regulas

Your Emporer
This seems like the most appropriate place to ask - I'm not a Sinestro player, so I really have no clue - how does he fare already against teleporting characters? Do Batgirl and Ares already kick his ass too, for example?

In general they are harder. What it comes down to really is that Sinestro has low combo damage without trait, Sinestro actually has great up close tools, but the difference in damage without trait is so much you will have to land twice as many combo's to break even. That's why you want to zone because it allows you to to compensate for the damage gap and lets you build trait.

Teleporters get around your zoning entirely in a way that basically prevents you from zoning or building trait. Meaning that you are stuck trying to trade melee combo's in which you deal far less damage. The good news is that teleportation is generally very punishable.

Welp, Boon has already confirmed via twitter that Scorpion's teleport is getting "normalized." That didn't take long.
i still have no idea what normalized is supposed to mean lol. i assume this means that you can block his teleport easier, idk. haven't played injustice since scorps came =P

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
This match is bad. So... there are people out there going "well everyone has really bad matchups so shut up and deal with it" Do you guys know what this means? the majority of matches will be won and lost at the character select screen... just like mk9. that sucks.
I have to assume you are new school from this post. Any old school player remembers the days of SSF2T, the BIGGEST counter picking game of all time, MK9 is no comparison.

So I'm perfectly clear w/logic here (not saying this to just you, to many people), people scream for balanced games where there is no char that is so overpowered he/she can beat everybody. This game pretty much has that, even the top tiers lose to somebody on the roster. Not saying by any means IGAU is perfect, but it's not as tier happy as people make it out to be

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I have to assume you are new school from this post. Any old school player remembers the days of SSF2T, the BIGGEST counter picking game of all time, MK9 is no comparison.
ST wasn't a counterpicking game. It was just a straight up "do not pick someone without a fireball" game (unless his name is Balrog or Vega).

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
ST wasn't a counterpicking game. It was just a straight up "do not pick someone without a fireball" game (unless his name is Balrog or Vega).
The entire game was based around matchups and who beat who. I'm going to assume you never played it

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
ST was my first fighter that I got actually good at, so no. The only people who really got shut out in the cold were the characters without anti fireball tech. People may have liked to counterpick and they always do, but I never really bought into the wisdom of doing so. I came to it as a mature game, as well, when most people who were still playing had simply committed to their character and learned to handle their bad matches.