What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Zviko

Noob
This might be the only character I can't decide on which skin i prefer so that's another +. But I'll definitely not use A unless we get it for human version too.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
At first Sindel was by far the least interesting for me out of all the DLC characters. But holy smokes:
  • Banshee after effects look incredible, makes it seem like there’s a spirit inside of her.
  • The screams are perfect, they sound so heavy while not being overly loud.
These two thins alone make me believe in this character’s coolness. At first I was indifferent but now I’m really hype

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just realized they actually gave her her MK 3 outfit but I'm happy about that.

Yeah, I'm sure one of her variations will be focused on zoning attacks.
But I'm glad she got more to her than that. ^^
Yeah, I'm sure she'll have different options play styles.

Last edited:

Elias6999

Mournful Master
So the retcon says that she sold out edenia, but how do they explain why she was revived? Its an inconsistency that’s been bugging me, she never would’ve killed herself to protect Earthrealm if she were evil. Otherwise I love her, definitely gonna main her!

darth_infamous

#InfamousXO
So the retcon says that she sold out edenia, but how do they explain why she was revived? Its an inconsistency that’s been bugging me, she never would’ve killed herself to protect Earthrealm if she were evil. Otherwise I love her, definitely gonna main her!
Kronika fucked with the timelines, everything is fair game

Zviko

Noob
Do we know what are her 3 customizable gear pieces? One is probably staff right? What about the other 2?

Ag. What an exciting day. Everything I'd hoped from that trailer. Can't wait to try her out.
I'm stoked with how "up" the response was too. Sindel got a lot of shit from MK fans for some years, but her reveal today was really positive.
Couldn't agree with you more. It was very uplifting to see how some people reacted and to get their thoughts on her even though they might not have been super excited with her to begin with. The best thing we can hear is for a non-Sindel main to say that they are now interested in trying her out for their selves after watching her gameplay :)

She didn't kill herself. Quan Chi killed her and made it pass as a suicide.

What if the retcon persona is just the banshee spirit possessing and empowering her? Kind of Injustice Enchantress? I guess I could accept that as it wouldn't 100% destroy canon story.
Character interactions make it sound like she has been this way all the way since Edenia was actually Edenia, so it'd mean she has basically been possessed ever since. Personally i hate it, that'd basically reduce her to a hollow shell and the true character would be the Banshee, but i guess we can't be sure until her ladder ending.

Ultimately, the retcon might have been done to make her a character with more agency rather than being helpless woman>distressed woman>brainwashed woman> Older Kitana woman. This seems coherent with the changes to Mileena's story in MK9-10 (in order to make emancipate her from Kitana) and in a lesser degree, Jade's story in MK11.

Personally i think the Banshee is her own soul. She's in a Sylvanas Windrunner sort of deal

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I think It's too much and not fitting her. But than again NRS is doing this al the time. Adding corny shit just bc they can, not bc it fits the characters
I disagree lol. She used it in Deception, so it's not like it's a stretch for her to be using it now and it fits her well. And it's not 'corny'. Shit looks cool af. All retractable and shit. Why you mad.

Ngl, never been a Sindel fan, but the queen looks fantastic holy shit.
Trying to keep myself to a limit of 5 characters, currently being my main Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Kabal, Terminator, and eventually Spawn.
Now I've gotta decide who to replace lol