What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Also go to poke is f2 into hair whip.

You can't go back to neutral duck fast enough after blocking f2 to go under hairwhip, so it makes it completely safe on block from a massive range + bonus pushback, for about 20% if you wanna enhance it.

F21 into hair whip if you crouch block the 2nd hit, then you can neutral duck the hair whip so its not as ideal.
Yup. Hair Whip is a high, but 100% safe on block aside from point blank (just a poke punish) and does a stupid amount of damage both normal and amplified. It's also decently fast on whiff recovery that the opponent needs to have fantastic reaction time or make a read to punish it from a distance.

Good to hear F2 jails into it. I'll be using that moving forward.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Announcement sindel = meh
Playing sindel = nice

I've played some games with her the last two days and she's actually pretty awesome.

Royal edenian is the way to go for me. Even though combos in V1 are easier (probably just because I practiced those more)

Royal edenian seems solid and you can really cheese people with it which takes me back a little to MK9 lol
That's the point.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Not sure if anyone knew but the screaming banshee AMP only comes out on hit so you can mash amp and react to the tele while zoning with banshee.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I think V2 is actually a really solid zoning variation. You have a projectile that does as much as Baraka's, gives a full combo on hit that is unbreakable for the most part,and is plus on block so you can frame trap with screams and possibly score a KB.

Her Maleficent March amp is super good to throw out because the hitbox is massive and so is the chip damage. Good corner carry on it too.

Flight also let's her get the space she needs and you can just F4u3 to reset neutral and go back to throwing banshees.

Geras in particular can't throw a single sand trap on her because of how quick banshee recovers and the trade is not in his favor.

Zviko

Noob
I decided to mess around with her Whip & Flip move against every character. First I wanted to see if V1 is really that bad against zoners but then I found some more stuff too. Not too deep yet, just a few things I've been interested in. Sorry if some have been mentioned before.

Shang:
-After she blocks overhead body drop she can avoid the amplified low with DB4 and get a punish at all ranges.
-After first Ground Eruption she can reversal into DB4, avoiding the 2nd hit and get a punish.

Frost:
If she ducks her BF3 highs she can DB4 to avoid the amplified and get a punish at all ranges.

Sonya, Baraka, Kano, Johnny:
Same as Frost except the long range DB4 doesn't work. If they do it too close the mid one will punish. If they are too far you can still dodge the amplified one with it. It's tight though so probably not a good idea, especially against Sonya. It doesn't work against Outtake Johnny of course but you can just duck his normal ones anyway.

Jax:
She can avoid the amplified Ground Pound with DB4 and get a punish.

Scorpion:
She can punish his spear at max range with DB4

Sub Zero:
This is a big one. That low special in Avalanche, she can DB4 out of the amplified version and get a punish.

Kung Lao:
B321, no one finishes that string with 1 anyway since it has a gap but if someone likes to, she can DB4 out of B32 and get a KB.

Skarlet:
They like to go into F43 after 44 being +6. Well if you reversal with DB4 after 44 and they go into F43, you avoid the mid attack and your DB4 hits just as their low starts which means you get a KB. They also like their long range sweep and B3. All you need is a good read against those. ;)

Erron Black:
You can't avoid his F4 with a jump with any character (I think). But you can with Sindel's DB4. Of course this is not reactable it's just another read. And it covers both his options of course. And if he does a low one it's a KB for you. If you get hit with F4 first this of course won't work unless they go for a low after. In that case you can neutral jump and DB4(close one) in other direction and you get a KB. It's a read again of course but it's there.

Kollector:
This is another read. If you read he will finish the 44 string with 3 you can reversal with DB4 after 44 and you'll get a KB.

Cetrion:
She can DB4 after first hit of Earthquake and get a punish.

Sindel:
DB4 is also a good AA so Sindel can't troll you with her float and air dashes. DB4 also beats Banshee Barrage in her V3 if she's not too close. Because of the angle it comes from she dodges all those hits and AAs her. Good for someone who wants to spam those.

Cancelling your down pokes into DB4 will also catch anyone trying to counter poke which means it's a KB again.
I'm sure there's a lot more and maybe some of you already knew all this. This was just a quick run through of what I was interested in initially. DB4 can easily close the distance against some spammers who don't know how to zone properly.

Agilaz

It has begun
Why does my J3 keep going through sub zero after a B2 launch? I can't do it any faster than i already am lol

jmt

Noob
centrion or whatever they call her and geras are the mot stupid characters in the game one with throw loops a command grab and safe launcher that he can poke after since he has a 6f D1 like why same question for the cetrion creature why does she have a teleport when she has so many zoning and anti zoning tools like the geyser and the move with tentacles for example would've been enough for anti zoning
if you remove her teleport, you might as well remove her from the game

Espio

Kokomo
So I initially thought not having a base projectile was a big deal but when you think about how scream works in her combo variation the scream hits at round start and is -10 on block and at that distance is safe versus slide, shoulder charges etc and then you couple that with her crushing blow off of scream and it's extremely potent and you can get in off the fear of scream.

Then there's her long ranged overhead, hair whip and forward cartwheel. She controls a lot of real estate and a lot of it is safe or is hard to check on block. I think her "slow" frame data is probably a little bit overblown honestly.

I like all of her variations, but I kind of wanna focus on her combo variant and get the full on basics/fundamentals down. I think everything taken together is good combo.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't think her air cancel combos would be so bad if we could breakaway from them, but we all know BA's are ass in this game compared to breakers so yeah....

Her damage is crazy good in the first 2 variations. Very easy yet meaty combos. I use her 3rd variation imo the weakest of all of them, they're all good in their own way her third is definitely not combo heavy at all though..

Gaxkang

Banned
F2 is a good move tho I'd be careful of various buttons people can push to stuff it. I saw on another website someone saying if someone is in Sindel's face she should bust out F2....but eh, that seems really iffy to me vs. people's buttons. Seems really more like a mid/sorta longer range thing to really work.

I wish V3 had its moves plus the hair whip move....hair whip seems like something Sindel really needs. And I can't help but think if Sindel had been in Injustice 2 how many moves she would had going on vs. what is split up in MK11.

Also that Dragon fellow had some thoughts/questions about the matchup against Geras… :eek: :p

I guess he's supposed to use the "footsies and neutral" based play NRS says the game is about heh.