What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

kevkopdx

Noob
I’ve been a Sindel fan since she was introduced and this is really hard for me to say but I’m just not liking the way she plays in this game! I’m gonna keep messing with her, maybe something will click, but I’m so gutted lol ... I was really hoping for a better zoner but var 3 feels like a poor man’s Cassie ... and I really don’t see the utility of her levitate move, like why did they destroy it? Am I missing something with that move??? Var 1 feels the most fun but without a fireball it doesn’t feel like Sindel to me, ugh I’m in a crisis!!! She looks too good not to play!! lol

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
So have just found out in v2 if you do the DF2 Scream KB, it locks out the BF2 Scream KB for what I assume is the rest of the match. Same happens vice versa

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So have just found out in v2 if you do the DF2 Scream KB, it locks out the BF2 Scream KB for what I assume is the rest of the match. Same happens vice versa
Probably because it’s the same KB pretty much. Imagine being able to do that twice lol

Zviko

Noob
Same as Shang's F243 and F4 then. I was wondering if that's gonna be the thing when they showed it in Kombat Kast.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I think that's more a case of NRS needing to ask themselves wtf they're smoking with Geras. And secondly, why people with amazing ranged options are given teleports.
Ya, Geras is a fucking malignant tumor on this game and needs some hardcore chemo to fix.

As for Sindel, I already abandoned V1. Her not having a single ranged option is a huge disadvantage in this game. You are ALWAYS attempting to advance no matter the matchup. V3 gets some much needed screen presence.

abyson

Noob
centrion or whatever they call her and geras are the mot stupid characters in the game one with throw loops a command grab and safe launcher that he can poke after since he has a 6f D1 like why same question for the cetrion creature why does she have a teleport when she has so many zoning and anti zoning tools like the geyser and the move with tentacles for example would've been enough for anti zoning

abyson

Noob
This is a sindel thread I know. The reason Im talking about this is because of how sindel doesn't have a fire ball in her base moves so you are stuck struggling to advance at fullscreen distance against most the cast with zero anti zonning from that distance except for v3 and yeah Geras sucks for every one lol

Gaxkang

Banned
Ya, Geras is a fucking malignant tumor on this game and needs some hardcore chemo to fix.

As for Sindel, I already abandoned V1. Her not having a single ranged option is a huge disadvantage in this game. You are ALWAYS attempting to advance no matter the matchup. V3 gets some much needed screen presence.
I was using V3 vs. a Jade...the zoning is something but still feels limited and it's like trying to get past an armada to get to some actual fighting and Sindel doesn't have one of those unreactable screen across moves.
She could use a uh....unreactable low hitting "flying scream" move heh. :p

It's like Sindel is a high risk character and you gotta get in and have the offense all sweet or else.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
For Sindel's 'Supersonic Exfoliator' brutality (The scream brutality) if you hold 'down+3' right when the brutality starts, after the opponent's skin is blown off, they'll be frozen like a statue instead of falling to the ground. A neat little alternative to it.

Last edited:

Gaxkang

Banned
This is a sindel thread I know. The reason Im talking about this is because of how sindel doesn't have a fire ball in her base moves so you are stuck struggling to advance at fullscreen distance against most the cast with zero anti zonning from that distance except for v3 and yeah Geras sucks for every one lol
Yeah V1 has the hair whip move...which is a move one will want, but she has no zoning there...and outside of characters that punish zoning hard, ya need zoning really in MK11. Baraka...who does mondo damage up close, is a better zoner than Shao Kahn, so... :p

In Injustice 2 Black Canary's screams would end up with big range and set her up for her big combos...and Canary was a real strong character in a zoning game like I2 when she wasn't a true zoner.
With Sindel they didn't really follow that template.

Gaxkang

Banned
For Sindel's 'Supersonic Exfoliator' brutality (The scream brutality) if you hold 'down+3' right when the brutality starts, after the opponent's skin is blown off, they'll be frozen like a statue instead of falling to the ground. A neat little alternative to it.
Heh cool.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
This is gonna sound so petty...
I can see how her Loud and Klear variation has a lot of fun stuff you can pull off... but I honestly don't like the sound of her screams. I don't know why, but it just sounds annoying to me, so to play a variation where that sound comes out all the time, I'd go crazy. And yes, it's such a stupid and petty thing, and I honestly hate that I feel like this about it.

Her Splitting Hairs variation is fun too though, though I agree that she lacks a good way of getting in at the opponent, especially if they're zoners. Especially because the Regal Presence is useless in this variation. If we could at least cancel out of it with a normal attack or something, but nope. Unless I'm missing something.

abyson

Noob
This is gonna sound so petty...
I can see how her Loud and Klear variation has a lot of fun stuff you can pull off... but I honestly don't like the sound of her screams. I don't know why, but it just sounds annoying to me, so to play a variation where that sound comes out all the time, I'd go crazy. And yes, it's such a stupid and petty thing, and I honestly hate that I feel like this about it.

Her Splitting Hairs variation is fun too though, though I agree that she lacks a good way of getting in at the opponent, especially if they're zoners. Especially because the Regal Presence is useless in this variation. If we could at least cancel out of it with a normal attack or something, but nope. Unless I'm missing something.
you aren't. The move is pretty much useless yeah you can dash but so can your opponent and when you land its their turn and it doesn't really avoid projectile since most are high by default

abyson

Noob
sindel is quite new though im waiting to see what people will do with her and the scream cancels are quite effective so im looking forward to figuring that out

hopefully maybe someone will figure out how to get past a projectile spammer lol

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
can someone of you confirm that the B3 of the B34 string is counted as airborn or at least that she cant be grabbed out of it even on point blank?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
fyi v3 air fireballs barely counts as a projectile

goes through
  • nightwolf reflect
  • jades glow
  • shangs smoke shake
  • etc etc etc, basically only scudshot and liu kang energy parry interact with it, everything else it smokes. Even terminators armoured anti projectile move.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Also go to poke is f2 into hair whip.

You can't go back to neutral duck fast enough after blocking f2 to go under hairwhip, so it makes it completely safe on block from a massive range + bonus pushback, for about 20% if you wanna enhance it.

F21 into hair whip if you crouch block the 2nd hit, then you can neutral duck the hair whip so its not as ideal.

Also go to poke is f2 into hair whip.

You can't go back to neutral duck fast enough after blocking f2 to go under hairwhip, so it makes it completely safe on block from a massive range + bonus pushback, for about 20% if you wanna enhance it.

F21 into hair whip if you crouch block the 2nd hit, then you can neutral duck the hair whip so its not as ideal.
25f a go to poke ? sick