What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Well yes, off a confirmed d1 you aren’t going to hit them with the follow up unless they’re mashing. A block string is your best bet. You could also try for her f4 string and reset the neutral.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
I could barely sleep last night cos I had tech rolling around in my head and couldn't rest my brain.
Thanks for all the great combos and tips so far, guys. I can't budge from V1, but I'm not convinced that's the go-to just yet.

Haven't got pics of my loadout yet but I'm mostly keeping it traditional for now (Classic purple and hairstyle) Love the selection on the boots and Kwan Do though.

Overall, from a design standpoint - looks, voice, fighting style/moves - I'm so happy with her return it's unreal. This is the first time she's felt truly spotlit to me, the first time since her MK3 debut she doesn't feel like an afterthought for the dev team. It's unbelievable to think how long I've been playing this character - I mean, I was still at school when she debuted - and she's still so engaging and magnetic to me, literally decades later.

Long live the Queen!

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
So, just realized there is a way to implement her air moves during grounded strings (not really into combos but might be something). As a master of air she benefits a lot from jump interactables which can be used during strings with good timing and positioning. Still feels more like a flashy thing than something you will really count on, but it's there.

Zviko

Noob
Probably has been mentioned before but I just realized you are guaranteed ass KB after scream KB for 34%. It's meterless and unbreakable. 2KBs though but ass KB is gonna be hard to get anyway and if you don't have a meter, why not right? It looks good too. ;)

Edit: Nevermind, I had easy KBs on. I wish it would work though. Ed plz...

Last edited:

Agilaz

It has begun
Probably has been mentioned before but I just realized you are guaranteed ass KB after scream KB for 34%. It's meterless and unbreakable. 2KBs though but ass KB is gonna be hard to get anyway and if you don't have a meter, why not right? It looks good too. ;)
I literally just tried this in a match and it doesnt work

Lokheit

Noob
Quick question, what would you rather have?

- Current High marching scream and regular scream turned into a High instead of a Mid.

- Not having access to the regular and faster scream at all but turning marching scream into a Mid.

I think I'd totally sacrifice the regular high scream for a mid march.

A third option would be comparing having regular faster Mid scream (default option) and the 2 High options from the kustom move. Is the 2 high options better than the default mid that doesn't even use a skill slot?

Last edited:
I think it's wacky what they did with her regular scream for var2, surely it would've been clearer to just have the stompy walk... Which I think is fine as a high, since you can amp it for mid (and silly amounts of almost auto-damage).

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
That's variation 1, I think the far version of hair whip could punish many of those.

Also with a life lead she can fly away and Geras will have a hard time catching up.
whip doesn't go full screen and is death on block, its not a very realistic way of gaining space.

Lokheit

Noob
whip doesn't go full screen and is death on block, its not a very realistic way of gaining space.
I said many, not all, I can see many moments during the video where the whip would've worked just fine. Also for some reason Dragon is avoiding to spend more than 1 second in the air.

Zviko

Noob
Anyone found any corner combos in V1? It feels like her mid screen optimal is the same for the corner. Her S1, S2, D1, 11 are either too slow/have a lot of recovery for extra juggles.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Beware also that many combos involving b2 are much harder on female characters. If you are trying stuff like b2 into jumpkick since her jumpkick angle is so shallow it struggles to connect on characters like dvorah, where it would be fairly easy against sub-zero for example

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Man.

This character is a great example of why variations should have been scrapped in this game. Feels like a single complete character spread out over 3 variations...one with confirms, one with air trickery, and one with projectiles.

Anyway, on a less whiny note, I'm liking v3 more than the other two. I was initially attracted to v1 since it's simple and has damage, but she feels very weak in that one and gets zoned out free. v2 is too big brain for me and as much as the air banshee is awesome, I think the high screams are terrible. v3 has some fun stuff and ending rounds with the purple puffballs is so cool.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Anyone found any corner combos in V1? It feels like her mid screen optimal is the same for the corner. Her S1, S2, D1, 11 are either too slow/have a lot of recovery for extra juggles.
They pretty are for the most part. Only thing I think is different is d2 KB leads to 52% in the corner with 2 bars and she can use regular hair cut as a juggle

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
How do you get the rest of the intros/outros for DLC characters since they don't have a chest in the krypt throne room or a head to skewer? Do they just come from their towers?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Messing around with v3
After a scream KB, you have enough time to put out an orb and still combo into b2.

So something slight: scream KB, iaOrb, b2, jk amp barrage, jk orb. Really good damage (about 38%) plus the orb at the end for an extra 5%.