What's new

Should NRS include an option to filter Wi-FI connections?

Wifi filter on Kombat League / ranked?

• Total voters

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
And you ask?

Filtering WiFi means two things:

1. To play exclusively with wired warriors.
  2. To permanently ban the ragequitters and the DDOS assholes.
So, it matches the idiom, "to kill two birds with one stone."

Only then I may play KL.

If NRS wants ranked to be taken seriously AT ALL then this needs to 100% happen. At least give Wired players the ability to decline any and all WiFi connections. If I get matched up against a WiFi 50 ping then sure I'll play because I know the ping should stay under 100. When I get matched up with WiFi 100 ping or more its a guaranteed lagfest with unstable connection. Multiple times in a row the other night I was matched up with 120-140 ping WiFi only to get in the actual match and its 200+ all the way up to 900 at times. Its ridiculous.
Kasual matches I'm fine without the ability to decline. Its casual.

I voted Yes. But for KL/Ranked I think it should be ping dependent, I think you should be able to decline anything above 90 ping. Personally, my wired connection (rn at least) is worse than my WiFi connection. Like I literally have constant lag spikes when I’m wired and very rarely have them when I’m on WiFi.
Something is wrong with your ethernet port or router then.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That's your problem then. WiFi is more unstable than Wired connection. If its not a problem for you then do what you do.
But for 90% of all people on average connections having:
Multiple devices on the same Internet.
WiFi

Will cause ping spikes and generally unstable connections compared to Wired vs Wired connections with no other devices on their respective connections. Having someone on YouTube while you are playing MK will take almost half of your bandwidth making the connection suffer.
But I'm willing to bet you have a better connection than most like 80mbps up/down or Fiber connection and if you had that it wouldn't matter as much.
I will try it again and experiment with it. I have a 3 day weekend so I finally have some free time tonight and tomorrow.

Wigy

There it is...
Anything above 100ms ping with WiFi is basically a joke.

Make it an option to only play with same type connections. So wifi people have other another and Ethernet Master race can have our low latency games as intended.

Footsies are hard enough vs all the machine gun poke top tiers.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
you know how a filter work? its...optional. so when you want to play against wifi players you still can do so and no a ping of 100 should be not the limit. it always goes up anyway. there is no need for a overall decline limit when you give people the option to filter out connections the way they want...which is possible..manually, in casual mode.
you know how to read right.......i said people will complain that when they filter wifi they get no matches and when they dont filter they only get matched with horrible wifi matches. thx.

kcd117

Noob
Ngl I feel bad for the people that have to use wifi but no one deserves to play against this shit.

They should implement it ASAP. I don’t think there is a point in forcing people to play unfun matches just for the sake of playing it.

I used to think all of the hoopla about how wired was better than wireless was all much ado about nothing, but then I was moving some stuff around in my house and put the XBox down in the basement where the router was and decided to plug a cable into it to see if there was an actual difference.

Wow. There certainly was. Not in terms of the quality of the connection - you can still get people with really shitty wired connections - but in terms of the ping spiking during the game. A game against a fellow wired guy seems to be much more stable and remains constant throughout the match, which is very important because it's annoying as hell when your punishes work in round one but are way too slow to connect by round two.

It would be really nice if they could let all the wired players get matched up together.

Yeah 100% there should be option and even region option.
It wont hurt population of the game, but will seperate sh*** connection of good ones. And this is all optional.
We are living in 2019, how f hard is to get 1 cabel put it in your f*** router and then in your console.
Tired of wifi warriors.
In such a games, even 0.05 sec. delay its a difference.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
no argument here .... WiFi connections are a crap issue to play online fighting games .... it could work more or less well for others kind of games, but, for fighting games, simply is not the best solution .... Wired is the way to go , until the day tecnhnology evolve more and so, WiFi or something else is the next hot stuff. :p

so, yeah, an option filter in MK11 is welcome, no doubt ! :)

D

Deleted member 35141

I'm sorry to all the wifi players out there, but yes. When I was moving apartments, I set up in my parent's small workshop so I could be next to the router and be wired when I played. Care for those you play against <3
At one point I had a 100 ft cable running through my house just to avoid wifi lol

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
kombat league is the most rage inducing shit i have played like ever. its nothing but high ping scrubs which flowchart all day with chars where punishement is not possible after a certain ping treshhold but hey fuck it. i would spit ed boon for this shit in his face. i had only 2 matches with a ping of under 100.