What's new

Should NRS include an option to filter Wi-FI connections?

Wifi filter on Kombat League / ranked?

• Total voters

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Oh shit you can see the answers? Slomo mk is so much easier. It feels like I’m playing some test your luck shenanigans. I’m like neo when I destroy laggers.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Yeah, it would alienate too much of the fanbase. I can only speak from experience, but I would say about 70% of the people I come across online use wifi which is why I mostly play kasual matches so you can decline them. I've literally never had a good connection with a wifi opponent despite some people saying "it's not that bad".

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
It's in NRS's best interest to add this feature or more preferably a connection filter, like how SFV has. An improved version of that would be great.

They plan on supporting this game longer than any other, meaning players have to stick around for the long time support to be worthwhile.
Given that this game is majorly played online, having bad online experiences will make players want to quit playing.
Therefore, to minimize the amount of players quitting due to poor online experiences, they should add this feature ASAP.

But then again, with MK11 NRS's track record... :DOGE

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I voted Yes. But for KL/Ranked I think it should be ping dependent, I think you should be able to decline anything above 90 ping. Personally, my wired connection (rn at least) is worse than my WiFi connection. Like I literally have constant lag spikes when I’m wired and very rarely have them when I’m on WiFi.

Yeah, it would alienate too much of the fanbase. I can only speak from experience, but I would say about 70% of the people I come across online use wifi which is why I mostly play kasual matches so you can decline them. I've literally never had a good connection with a wifi opponent despite some people saying "it's not that bad".
So many players are on WiFi. It won’t alienate them because they’ll be playing each other lol.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
They should. I don't think they ever will though. Sad really. There needs to be an option to decline pings at a certain threshold or something.

We've been asking this for years.

Matix218

Get over here!
I voted Yes. But for KL/Ranked I think it should be ping dependent, I think you should be able to decline anything above 90 ping. Personally, my wired connection (rn at least) is worse than my WiFi connection. Like I literally have constant lag spikes when I’m wired and very rarely have them when I’m on WiFi.
I dont see how wifi can be faster than wired when the main connection is wired to the wifi router in the first place? You are essentially removing the variable of the wireless router (which as far as i know can only be slower, never faster than the original connection)? Is there some actual technical reason why a wifi connection can ever be faster than it's base wired connection?

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yeah, but I bet you most of them look for wired players because they know the connection will be better. How do you wifi players even play each other? Mind blowing.
Chess not checkers. Not only do I have to guess what you throw, I have to guess how long it will take to get there. The mind games are wildly amusing.