What's new

Should HitBox be banned?

Dark_Rob

Noob
Kevin Ryman said:
Poor sports like cough REO cough need them to win.
Excuse me?? Please find me one example of REO ever being a bad sport to anyone at a tournament. And REO can plaster 99.9% of players on here no matter what controller hes using.

Some jealous ass mofo's on this forum and its really starting to irritate me.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah...little-known fact...REO is adept at using hitbox/keyboard/pad/stick. And he plays them pretty well.

The problem is that it makes characters better.
Scorpion rarely gets a safe air teleport, but with the hitbox, he gets it 99.9% of the time because it is so easy.

It is not fair to require players to purchase a hitbox, as well as change tier lists according to whatever controller they use.
Sticks and pads have differences yes, but not as major as a hitbox.

So it does pose a problem if you've never fought a scoripion who uses a hitbox, you won't be ready for his safe teleports. as well as other character tactics made available by hitboxes.

I think this is a bit far fetched and exaggerated, but I'll bite. I will say this than, by your findings, Scorpion's teleport within the game's design has always been safe, and it has always been a player's lack of execution that made it seem unsafe, when in reality we all can be doing safe Scorpion teleports legit without an AI program.

You can do numerous techniques on Stick that are much more difficult on pad in various other FGs.

aj1701

Noob
Man, I love my stick...It's a comfort thing. I would much prefer it over a pad now.

As far as the hitbox goes, my only issue with it was at one point, not everyone had access to it. Now that the production times seem a little quicker it's just as fair as a stick or keyboard.
I love my stick too, and will use both once I have both. There's also the option of building your own, which I'm attempting.

Yeah...little-known fact...REO is adept at using hitbox/keyboard/pad/stick. And he plays them pretty well.
I think Reo uses a controller for show. In actuality he's alterning the EM field around the console to directly input his commands. :)

No. They don't ban keyboards (to my knowledge anyway). Some peopel are really good at stick, others may find themselves more confortable with a pad, and others a stickless stick. There's lots of other ways to improve your game that are external (caffeine comes to mind) that aren't banned (again, to my knowledge).
Is cocaine banned?

axeman87

Noob
(Sorry for the wall of text, but this bugs me... see why in italics at the end)

So lets see if this sounds about right for people that have a problem with it.

You got a problem with HB because you think it gives players an advantage?

How about this. Why dont YOU be the player who is better than everyone else? YOU be the one to win ALL the tournaments. YOU be the one to kick everyone's ass that doesn't have a HB.

Now... if you say "Why should I be forced to buy a blahblahblah'''" Well then... your just bullshiting aren't you? Your real problem is that your broke. Perhaps spend less time playing games and more time making coin.

See... the problem with the argument is that a HB is readily available to ANYONE.

It's not like steroids (for example), that are ilegal and have detramental effects on your health. Anyone can get one and learn one anytime they want, for any reason they want.

You think HB is better? Then go and ****** buy one. Case closed.

(Friend of mine comes to my house, we play MK9 on X360. I play with my own custom stick, he has to play with a X360 controller Dpad

He loses, and blames the control input, saying he's not used to the X360 controller, the Dpad on the X360 sucks AND I have a fight sitck.

OK then....So I go to his house and play MK9 on PS3. There he has 3x advantages. He's playing with his preferred controller = +1. I'm playing with a Dpad = +1. I'm also playing on an alien controller = +1.

Guess what? He wins the first few rounds while I adjust to the controller input, then its all over once again. I win because I play MK9 more than him. True stroy)

saix88

Banned
I think hitbox should be banned from tourneys until there is a 360 version. 360 players have the option for a adapter for ps2 controller, can buy two identical sticks for each console, BUT a 360 player can never use a hitbox unless they have a ps3 console, which is ridiculous. I see this as being an unfair advantage for a ps3 user. I can't remember, but is kratos tourney legal?

I think hitbox should be banned from tourneys until there is a 360 version. 360 players have the option for a adapter for ps2 controller, can buy two identical sticks for each console, BUT a 360 player can never use a hitbox unless they have a ps3 console, which is ridiculous. I see this as being an unfair advantage for a ps3 user. I can't remember, but is kratos tourney legal?
Like 90% of Tournaments are on PS3s. PS3 HitBox and PS3 held Tournaments....you figure out the rest.

SZSR

Noob
It's not really fair to base anything for the masses on what REO does in anything game related. Dude is a freak and probably a robot from the future.
I agree 100% [MENTION=16]REO[/MENTION] is a robot from the future who came back in time to try to find more worthy opponents in a time where top competitors were still in the prime of their life. Kinda like a Cyber Akuma.

@TC, I don't believe it should be banned, every player has a preference to their controller, if people want to use the hitbox because it will help their play, they should, but I won't since I feel more comfortable with a pad rather than a stick.

axeman87

Noob
... and yet REO (dont know the guy at all, never even heard of him until now BTW) has only an X360 GT (no PSN)... on his profile.

saix88

Banned
Like 90% of Tournaments are on PS3s. PS3 HitBox and PS3 held Tournaments....you figure out the rest.
No shit? Did you even read what I said? There is a adapter for a ps controller to be used on a 360, there is a adapter for a 360 controller to be used on a ps *Which I use* EXCEPT a hitbox...Do you see the fuckin point I'm trying to make or can you not figure out the rest? I can't use an adapter on a hitbox, it doesn't detect it properly and sticks can be bought for either system, meaning I can have two of the same stick but one for each system.

Should every xbox player that plays tournaments be forced to go buy a playstation if they want to use a hitbox that is obviously the superior controller OR should they buy a hitbox and only learn to use a hitbox at every tournament they attend?

Answer my question since " I can't figure it out," is Kratos allowed at tournaments or is it considered unfair since 360 doesn't even have the character?

I have money for a hitbox, But I don't have money for a whole new system and copy of mk and also the soul purpose of it would be to practice for tournaments...

Why do you think a TEMPORARY ban until both systems can access it is so outrageous?

Sasuga

Noob
Yes, and practice should also be banned. And local MK scene. Those give an unfair advantage over the people who don't have acces to them!

Sure it's available to ANYONE but not EVERYONE has a ps3 and they don't have a 360 version yet.
They can be dual modded.

hardwire

Noob
rofl welcome to the fights me and my friends have been in for the last 5 years over controller or mouse/kb

if you own a hitbox just take my advice right now you will never win. EVER!

the only thing i will say is this you have to watch out
halo 2 was supposed to be cross plat compatible M$ canned it saying they felt the pc had to great of an advantage with its controllers vs the xbox controller. (this is why we dont have cross platform)

Sasuga

Noob
the only thing i will say is this you have to watch out
halo 2 was supposed to be cross plat compatible M$ canned it saying they felt the pc had to great of an advantage with its controllers vs the xbox controller. (this is why we dont have cross platform)
Yes, but that is a little different. You can turn faster with a pc-mouse than with a joypad. With a hitbox you can execute your stuff faster, but they won't come out faster. Still, I find the cross-platform argument a little odd since you can hook up a keyboard and mouse to your xbox. It's not really comfortable with a mouse and keyboard behind a tv-screen but that's a personal choice.

AC1984

Kaballin!
(Sorry for the wall of text, but this bugs me... see why in italics at the end)

So lets see if this sounds about right for people that have a problem with it.

You got a problem with HB because you think it gives players an advantage?

How about this. Why dont YOU be the player who is better than everyone else? YOU be the one to win ALL the tournaments. YOU be the one to kick everyone's ass that doesn't have a HB.

Now... if you say "Why should I be forced to buy a blahblahblah'''" Well then... your just bullshiting aren't you? Your real problem is that your broke. Perhaps spend less time playing games and more time making coin.

See... the problem with the argument is that a HB is readily available to ANYONE.

It's not like steroids (for example), that are ilegal and have detramental effects on your health. Anyone can get one and learn one anytime they want, for any reason they want.

You think HB is better? Then go and ****** buy one. Case closed.

(Friend of mine comes to my house, we play MK9 on X360. I play with my own custom stick, he has to play with a X360 controller Dpad

He loses, and blames the control input, saying he's not used to the X360 controller, the Dpad on the X360 sucks AND I have a fight sitck.

OK then....So I go to his house and play MK9 on PS3. There he has 3x advantages. He's playing with his preferred controller = +1. I'm playing with a Dpad = +1. I'm also playing on an alien controller = +1.

Guess what? He wins the first few rounds while I adjust to the controller input, then its all over once again. I win because I play MK9 more than him. True stroy)
Can someone actually take care of this idiot....Idk what planet are you on but apparently it's the same one TMK is on.....

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I only have Xbox, and I use a hitbox. Instead of whining that it wasn't available to me, I just made one, and it works on both consoles. Amazing.

Little known fact: Due to up commands in this game, jump needs to be held for 3 frames before a jump is executed. With stick or pad you'll likely never notice, but with a hitbox there will be times you hit jump and nothing happens.

lol @ 99.9% accuracy on Scorpion's instant air teleport. I'd love to see you do that.

leek

Noob
I only have Xbox, and I use a hitbox. Instead of whining that it wasn't available to me, I just made one, and it works on both consoles. Amazing.

Little known fact: Due to up commands in this game, jump needs to be held for 3 frames before a jump is executed. With stick or pad you'll likely never notice, but with a hitbox there will be times you hit jump and nothing happens.

lol @ 99.9% accuracy on Scorpion's instant air teleport. I'd love to see you do that.
And this is why it bothers me to see people complaining about iaf and ia-teleport for scorpion.

qft.

shura30

Shura
mk9 inputs and combos surely are easier than in other games

i don't know why this hitbox hate based solely upon execution advantage

players from all around the world are already pulling crazy shit with pad or fightsticks
(the latter being the arcade standard for decades no wonder why is so popular for fighting games)

hitbox is just a keyboard with sanwa buttons
iafs iagbs iass can be pulled off with fightsticks too

maybe it's the mk community that isn't able to execute them properly (yes, that is what is coming out your posts)
because really, i can't think of a single difficulty pulling off fast ub ub 1 inputs while people can do standing 360/720° in other games with a fightstick

the only concern about an hitbox should be the lever impossible inputs like forward+back which is the most investigated one
some pad (the ones with separate buttons for the 4 direction) should have this issue too - so it's nothing new

but really, claiming imba over an hitbox 'because you can pull instant air projectile better/faster' is what makes threads like this a joke

fightstick user here btw

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Ultimately, it's preference. I'll admit however that I did find it far easier to perform Kabal's iAGBs with a hitbox; now REO/Warda/Michaelangelo were still pulling them off effortlessly with a pad. I can say that I personally believe that if I were to master the hitbox, that I would become a substantially more confident player - but I happen to find the layout of the keyboard natural.

I find sticks too sensitive and my thumbs are significantly less dexterous than the rest of my fingers are from years of typing at least a paragraph a day. I type a lot, as you're all aware, so again...preference.

Is the tactical assault commander 3 going to be banned for console FPSes as well? I dunno about you guys, but I hate the fuck out of pads for FPSes. Mouse and keyboard is what I grew up with and take to. Two companies have finally brought us native PC players to the consoles, that's all that's happened.